Fog doodad not showing

Title is pretty self explanatory. I place fog of any color and it simply doesn't show. When I go to "In-game mode" To see how it would look in game, it doesn't show. When I go back it shows the little circle with the raincloud.

Help? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Ah, I've once had problems with this doodad as well. here are some things to check out:

-It sometimes takes the fog a little while to generate fully. Try looking at the doodad, going to in-game mode, then just wait.

-The doodad has had a history with me for appearing at an alarmingly high location, so try angling your camera towards the sky above and perhaps slightly off to the side of where you placed the doodad. (Camera tip: Try holding alt, shift, or ctrl and the right mouse button at the same time in the editor window and drag your mouse around)

If you still can't see it, try checking your settings under the "View" tab. You might of deselected a setting like "Show Fog Effects", or something similar.
Edited by Hydra on 12/20/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would suggest you to place like a dozen of those fog doodads at the same place. If nothing shows up in the next 10sec, there is probably something wrong.
Reply Quote
Sorry, I forgot about this thread and gave up. All of these suggestions aren't working :(
Reply Quote
What are your graphics settings? I believe fog does not appear if your graphics are set to low. Try setting them higher (e.g. medium) if this is the case.
Reply Quote
04/24/2013 03:02 AMPosted by Caustic
What are your graphics settings? I believe fog does not appear if your graphics are set to low. Try setting them higher (e.g. medium) if this is the case.

BOOM!

You're a genius! Thanks so much!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]