StarCraft® II

There was a problem downloading this content.

I am getting this error message whenever I try to join a multiplayer match.

Download Failed
! There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later.

And no, I do not want to use Hotspot Shield, or any third party network application that you recommend me to install. Blizzard fix this !@#$ before HotS.
Edited by eXo on 12/30/2012 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue. Im in the USA, actually 5 minute walk from Blizzard. Never had the issue before, dont have firewall turned on, and some downloads actually word. Blizzard figured it out yet?
Reply Quote
yeah im gettin that same message only for my 1v1 ladder matchmaking though....please help i want to play 1s
Reply Quote
having the same problem
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. Any known issues, causes etc?
Reply Quote
Yea, i'm in Australia having the same issue, have had it for about 3 days days now...
can't co-op against AI, Ladder, 1vAI or use all but one map in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or FFA in custom games. I've introduced 8 mates to SC II can't say its the best first impression. Hope this is getting resolved soon...
Reply Quote
i posted on the http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7592580385 topic about fixes for playing customs / logging in (it is due to the same reason) , you cannot contact the download server/update server so you cannot play anything that is not up to date; but u can still log in, if you have a friend who has all maps up to date (that you want to play) /or blizzards maps downloaded (for ffa 1v1 etc) just copy over his 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment' folder (this path is for windows 7/8) and you can play any custom maps / matches where your content is up to date , i will see about uploading my "Blizzard Entertainment" folder but i have a crappy upload speed (~70 kb/s) and the folder can be as large as 2GB (mines currently 1.4)

Note: also try changing your DNS to google DNS (it works for some people)
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/20/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
that's all done for me, but it doesn't even download for quick match or anything. running Win 7 and firewall is off
Reply Quote
LOL

I have a same issue still can not able to play Multiplayer game at all as it keep saying that Content can not be downlod.

No idea WTF that means as I just updates a new patch. It is working fine before new patch.

I like to accept suggession from anyone who Fix this kind of same issue.
Reply Quote
same problem
Reply Quote
Same problem, the game is basically completely unplayable for me.
Reply Quote
Same issue, but only on the NA server. SEA is fine.
Reply Quote
Yea I can play team games fine but for some reason I get the error cannot download message when I try and queue for 1v1..... anyone got any ideas yet? Oh and how do I switch to the SEA server if I want?
Reply Quote
And this is appearing on the launcher for me:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /S2/enUS/launcher/news on this server.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Ghost
Yea I can play team games fine but for some reason I get the error cannot download message when I try and queue for 1v1..... anyone got any ideas yet? Oh and how do I switch to the SEA server if I want?

If you have a SEA copy of the game activate it by logging into battlenet in your webrowser. Then on the in game main menu before you log in a button should pop up asking you to choose what region.
Reply Quote
After finally fixing the greyed out matchmacking and the authentification module thing. I get this. I think I'll just wait for the next patch at this rate. I wish I didn't delete my cache like a GM said now. Ugh
Reply Quote
There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later.

me too , i cant download any new map , just can play those play i already download before

COME ON BLIZZARD ! FIX THIS !@#$!
Reply Quote
I just got past the Starter Edition problem to be hit with this...
Reply Quote
Same here. At first I just can't play multiplayer games since it will say "There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later."

But now, I can't even get in the game. After entering my user name and password it will say "There was a problem downloading this content. Please try again later."

I would really appreciate any help on this issue. I just fixed my game a few days back regarding the empty quickmatch screen, now this!
Reply Quote
Same problem, Australian player. However using Google's public DNS 8.8.8.8 worked for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]