StarCraft® II

Life of a Civilian Project (Terrainer Needed)

Hello!

I'm currently starting on a remake of the Life of a Civilian map from SC1 (and Life of a Peasant from WC3). I feel that this type of map will be successful because it seems that maps with familiar titles fair better in the Arcade.

I am completely comfortable doing all of the trigger work myself (as I intend for the majority of the map to be done through triggers). However, terrain is arguably just as important. As much as I'd love to spend the time to contruct the city for such a map, I feel that my time would be better spent in the mechanical development of the project.

For this reason, I am looking for a terrain editor who would like to construct the terrain for the project. As I do not intend for much to be done through data, a data editor is not needed. However, trigger editors that would like to help would be welcome.

Maps I've previously made will be shown to anyone interested in joining to show that I am capable of making such a map. If interested, leave a reply below or contact me in-game (Cherry#797).
Edited by Cherry on 12/30/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, how's this project going? I know no one has responded to it, but I think most people don't understand how awesome LOAP was in WC3.

If you can make this at least as good as LOAP Gold in WC3, I GUARANTEE YOU that people will love it, they just don't know they will.

Please tell me you're still working on this. LOAP was in the top 3 of my favorite WC3 maps and I would love to see it in SC2. I'm not sure if you can make it though with all the limitations that the SC2 editor has.

I have some nice ideas if you care to hear them. They might be a little too complex, but they are ambitious.

Let me know if you are still working on this project.
Reply Quote
Hey, how's this project going? I know no one has responded to it, but I think most people don't understand how awesome LOAP was in WC3.

If you can make this at least as good as LOAP Gold in WC3, I GUARANTEE YOU that people will love it, they just don't know they will.

Please tell me you're still working on this. LOAP was in the top 3 of my favorite WC3 maps and I would love to see it in SC2. I'm not sure if you can make it though with all the limitations that the SC2 editor has.

I have some nice ideas if you care to hear them. They might be a little too complex, but they are ambitious.

Let me know if you are still working on this project.

Sorry, but no, I'm not.

I'm not sure if you can make it though with all the limitations that the SC2 editor has.

What do you mean?
Reply Quote
I've heard that there are many limitations, like size of maps, amount of layers per map, no "offensive" things like hookers or druglords.
Reply Quote
Aweh, that's a let down. I've been waiting since I bought SC2 to be able to play LOAC/LOAP again. Hell, those old SC1 maps are the half the reason why I bought SC2. (other reason was the Campaign, I'm no Melee versus person) Well, may I at least ask why you stopped work on it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the whole "couldn't find any Terrainer" bit in another post. It's a shame, if I was any good I'd offer my help. But I'm only an novice at that sort of thing. Maybe I should look up some tutorials or something.
Edited by Arath on 7/7/2014 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi! I am working on a sims project again. It's kind of a side project at the moment. I no longer need a terrainer.

I'm working with a modeler to make it so that players can customize their character's skin tone and hair color.

We're going with WoW imports only.

Currently I'm involved with the Ultimate Boss Battles RTC entry that made the top 10 and that project takes most my time but I'm making much prototypical progress with the sims map as a side project.

http://us.battle.net/arcade/en/blog/14569682/top-ten-arcade-games-revealed-play-vote-win-7-8-2014

If you'd like to vote for us!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]