Dark Templar
Vikings
Overlords
Command Centers
Jim Raynor
Probes
Larva
The Dominion

... in reality.... reapers are easy to counter... and you notice when someone is building them... it is called SCOUTING... do it.

In fact I just did a team battle where this guy clearly was making reapers, told my teammates, we build stalkers... we destroyed his mass reapers and blinked into his base... gg
Edited by Feargrim on 2/7/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
no the reaper is fine. I'll sum it up for you, you don't like the reaper because you don't scout your terran opponent and you get greedy with your build hoping you don't get attacked, or that you only have to defend at one point. Reapers shouldn't be giving you a heck of alot of trouble unless you do a fast expo play and skimp on the unit production early. So if a 1 base terran goes early gas straight into reapers and you go command center first, don't be surprised when you have 2 marines when the reapers start coming.

Same thing applies to protoess, if you do a forge fast expo build and skip the first stalker you won't be very well equipped to deal with a reaper. I suggest you scout Terran early and see signs pointing to a reaper then you should time your expo to have a reasonably timed stalker. Stalker shuts down reaper harass.

Zerg- no excuse for hating the reaper, queens deal with them just fine. In the case of mass reaper roaches will annihilate the terran.
Reply Quote
Good post. Key to countering Reaper or mass reaper is scouting.

Yes remove reapers from the game, also while you are at it, remove:

Stalkers
Marines
Zerglings
Ultralisks
Void Rays
Carriers
Roaches
Zealots
Dark Templar
Vikings
Overlords
Command Centers
Jim Raynor
Probes
Larva
The Dominion

... in reality.... reapers are easy to counter... and you notice when someone is building them... it is called SCOUTING... do it.

In fact I just did a team battle where this guy clearly was making reapers, told my teammates, we build stalkers... we destroyed his mass reapers and blinked into his base... gg
Reply Quote
Ok, so they remove the reapers, lets remove banelings and stalkers, good fair, equal, just because you lose to them doesnt mean you need to go on a forum and troll about removing them, if your losing to them, change your build and actually scout your opponent.

Listen up, 12yo d**b*ss. Do you actually play the game? OP might exagerate a little, but if you'd remove your head from you !@#, you'll see that they're kinda OP VS Z right now. Randomly proxy rack can easily provide 1-2 reapers while pool isn't even done. Should we 10pool every game to blindly prevent it? Pro players can't even deal efficiently with it on their stream, and if they end up to do so, they are far behind, and not ready to deal with the classic hellbat drop that follows up.

Seriously, if you don't have a clue about what you're saying, s*** already.
Reply Quote
I have started a melee project: Balance Tweak Project.

This is for WoL and HotS. It is a melee map where players can suggest tweaks to the balance and the map is updated for only a week for players to try it out. Afterwards, we come back here and discuss the feedbacks and then we try a different set of other balances.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7593620801

Map is published now, but im waiting for a set of balances to implement
Reply Quote
Ok I like the ranger but keep him armed. Like a sniper shot with a 30 sec cool down or he has like a hand gun thats only good at real close range. Or a peaceable anti personal mine with small splash damage
Reply Quote
RANGER
-Unarmed bio map-awareness scouting unit
-Has very large sight radius, but cannot see up cliffs
-Can jump up/down cliffs
-Available with construction of Ghost Academy (mid-tier)
-Does not have detection
-Has a burrow-like ability that allows the Ranger to dig-in for better concealment at cost of mobility
-Cost ~75/75

75 gas for an unarmed, non-spellcasting unit? That is less useful than a Changeling. It is more like an Overlord with Burrow, which would still be better. Sorry, I don't mean to shoot you down. I think this new ranger would cost 25 minerals and 0 gas.

I would make two other suggestions: 1) Make the Ghost really cheap and make it a super Marine. Remove most of its spells, but let it go into "Infiltration Mode" where in it becomes a Perma-Cloaked spellcaster. Then research new abilities to use while Perma-Cloaked. Sabotage= melee-range 1-target Fungal. Assassinate= melee-range Snipe.
2) Make a unit that is very much like the Marauder, but has a Jet Pack (and speed boost) like the Reaper. Its bonus is not vs Armor, but vs Light. Maybe its shells are like shotgun shells or its arm-guns like Viking gatling guns or each arm sends out a stream of flame or it launches incendiary grenades or its arm-guns can also attack air (also with the bonus vs light).
Reply Quote

How many times do they have to say they're not bringing any bw units back before people stop talking about how they should bring them back? It's really silly...

Bro. I do believe a while back they did say lurkers were coming with the LotV xpac.

..Why? they won't fit in this game, especially with Swarm Hosts taking their place as a burrowed attacker/defender.
Reply Quote
[quote]
..Why? they won't fit in this game, especially with Swarm Hosts taking their place as a burrowed attacker/defender.

They're more likely to show up in HotS as a campaign only unit. There really is no role for them anymore due to mobile spine crawlers and swarm hosts.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 12:31 PMPosted by GoGoGo
I bet some people would find a way to rush/mass them and destroy you.

"unarmed"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]