StarCraft® II

Protoss tips vs Zerg

Any good tips facing Zerg. I have to say that Zerg is my worst match up
Reply Quote
Should probably post your league, specifically what unit compositions, timings, etc you are having issues with.
Replays are a huge help.
Reply Quote
3 immortal push
Reply Quote
Roaches suck. Sentries greatly cut their damage down to a pathetic amount due to the Roach's short range of 4. Also, they shoot extremely slowly with a cooldown of 2. Zealots shred Roaches when they cannot kite. Immortals hard-counter them, and Colossi deal so much splash damage against them.

Void Rays are actually really good once they're in numbers of 10+. Combined with Archons, Corruptors and Mutas are no longer a threat against Voids. Zealots also fare well with Voids in protecting them from Infestors and Hydras.

Once Carriers are in numbers of 6+, they will wreck practically anything as long as there is an anti-infestor unit like High Temps or Colossi and as long as there are Archons that can wreck Corruptors.
Reply Quote
Immortal sentry all in. Thats it.
Reply Quote
Carrier/archon/ht beats just about anything Zerg can do, but getting there is hard
Reply Quote
Zerg finding out how to defeat sen/Imm push.
Reply Quote
Ok what's the build order for the 3 Imm push and carrier/archon/ht I am going to try does build out
Reply Quote
*those
Reply Quote
two words: TIMING PUSH

You either do an immortal all in off 2 base or you do some sort of 3 base timing before broodlords with either 2/3 colossi or 6+ immortals.
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Mrjellop
Ok what's the build order for the 3 Imm push and carrier/archon/ht I am going to try does build out

did you even try to google??
http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-522-partings-immortal-sentry-push-newbie-tuesday/
Reply Quote
Zerg own this matchup so hard it's not even funny.

You HAVE to immortal sentry all in, or else zerg will just outmacro you and make it impossible to take a third. If you wait too long, they will just go mutas and insta win. Zerg is the equivalent of god in this game. They can tech switch in a second and produce vastly different armies within a minute.

You have to win in the first 10 minutes or you're dead. This is the amazing game that is SC2. So broken it's not even fun anymore.
Reply Quote
Tips - In late game, from double robo - use your minerals for Speed warp prisms and zealot, templar, DT drops and harrass the ever living hell out the zerg. kill his tech, hit his economy.

you will have a very hard time winning an army vs army straight up fight, so you have to nibble down his army and nibble down his infrastructure. He will kill prisms, always have 2 on the map and poke here and there. If you see a weakness, do a full mass warp in and exploit it. Always hit at 2 places at the same time if possible so one will get some damage done.
Reply Quote

You HAVE to immortal sentry all in, or else zerg will just outmacro you and make it impossible to take a third. If you wait too long, they will just go mutas and insta win. Zerg is the equivalent of god in this game. They can tech switch in a second and produce vastly different armies within a minute.

You have to win in the first 10 minutes or you're dead. This is the amazing game that is SC2. So broken it's not even fun anymore.

Maybe you should learn how to play it before declaring it broken.
Reply Quote

I was laughing so hard when I was reading this.
Edited by Hunta on 1/8/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
attack before broodlords
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Mrjellop
Zerg finding out how to defeat sen/Imm push.

Trust me. The zergs in silver level haven't discovered squat.
Reply Quote
Yes trust me they did
Reply Quote

Learn to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]