StarCraft® II

Protoss tips vs Zerg

01/08/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Mrjellop
Yes trust me they did

Executed at the silver level? Sure, I'll believe that.
Reply Quote
Zerg own this matchup so hard it's not even funny.

You HAVE to immortal sentry all in, or else zerg will just outmacro you and make it impossible to take a third. If you wait too long, they will just go mutas and insta win. Zerg is the equivalent of god in this game. They can tech switch in a second and produce vastly different armies within a minute.

You have to win in the first 10 minutes or you're dead. This is the amazing game that is SC2. So broken it's not even fun anymore.

I was laughing so hard when I was reading this.

It is true for the most part. If you want to WIN with some chance of certainty, you have to all in, in some fashion.

If you get late game, broodlord winfestors corrupotors, you will end up fighting FREE broodlings, FREE Infested Terrans, while getting fungalled. The only way to beat that army involves one helluva good infrastructure, and SEVERAL MISTAKES by the zerg.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 02:29 PMPosted by BlackAdder
Executed at the silver level? Sure, I'll believe that.

Zerg is a tough match up for lower level players for a couple reasons.

1. all their units move so quickly and are so fast that its really hard to get down FF's in time or to prevent run bys. They can fly mutas in and out and slower/lower league players have a lot of trouble with this issue.

2. Zerg can take map control. Make the protoss huddle on 2 bases because of 1 above and force him to then use timing attacks which are less then good because they are not capable of countering the speed of the zerg that is built into the game mechanics.

I think its this one thing more than anything that makes the game seem broken to a lot of players. Like in the NFL the players always talk about the SPEED of the game being much faster in the pros vs College.....well to make a comparison...the speed of the game is much faster when protoss plays zerg....its why protoss does not matchup well vs zerg while terran does......terran is faster then protoss.....they can matchup vs zerg.......protoss can win this matchup, it just requires a different game plan......a game plan that negates the speed of the zerg race.

a. learn to use FF's like you can build probes....second nature......ez pz.
b. learn to get charge...it makes your zealots move naturally faster.
c. Get blink.....it speeds up the movement speed of your stalkers.
d. learn to build hallucination before warp gate because scouting is very important here.
e. learn to use warp prism play....get the speed upgrade to outrun corrupters or mutas.
f. learn to use mass recall....hit them where they aint...negate the speed of the zerg with it.
g. learn to transition into air toss, having a momma ship every game will make you think air.
h. IF you move out of your base....drop a pylon or cannon in the hole to prevent ling run bys or at least slow it down.....always leave 1 sentry at home on hold far enough back not to get sniped until you can come to him and use his FF to prevent a wall breach.

Essentially doing the above will slow down the zerg because it speeds up the protoss race.....the Immortal/sentry all in does not work if you do not know how to use ff's effectively. Phoenix harass does not work if you cannot micro and macro at the same time.
Reply Quote
Zerg is a tough match up for lower level players for a couple reasons.

1. all their units move so quickly and are so fast that its really hard to get down FF's in time or to prevent run bys. They can fly mutas in and out and slower/lower league players have a lot of trouble with this issue.

2. Zerg can take map control. Make the protoss huddle on 2 bases because of 1 above and force him to then use timing attacks which are less then good because they are not capable of countering the speed of the zerg that is built into the game mechanics.

What you say is true, but then, a lot of things are harder to handle as a lower level Zerg because they have a hard time scouting and keeping up in macro. So zealot dance parties, void ray/phoenix builds, zealot/archon, +1 chargelot/immortal, 2 base Collossi, etc. are all pretty hard to deal with as a low level Zerg. Even 4-gates are still effective because at silver-gold the zergs still have a hard time with the basic macro.
In fact, it tends to feel imba on both sides until you begin to figure it out a bit.
Reply Quote
I like to forge fast expand, harass with warp prisms and dark templar while i get up my third, and then attack at around 16 minutes with a huge, upgraded army (and around 3 colossus).

Normally this push will occur as the zerg is attempting to transition into hive-tech. This is a 3-base all-in and I consider the game to be lost if I don't kill them before infestor/broodlord is out. If they rush straight for a 14-minute hive, as many zergs do, they will straight-up die to the harassment.
Reply Quote
Zazen, have you tried a 1 base DT rush, followed by expanding? I've seen this hit the zerg players base by 7:20ish before. I don't have a clue really how zerg can know for sure if you were going 1 base air or DT's. Without overlording sacking, and I suspect if you put the Dark Shrine in an intelligent spot, zerg can't scout it.

What time does your DT harrasment hit with an FFE?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]