StarCraft® II

Shadow Valley Pre-RP/Sign-up

After being knocked out by a dominion rifle, Joshua Steinbeck was rushed to the hospital, but was in a coma and couldn't be revived. He was put on a machine, and, by will of his parents, was left to try and survive. Meanwhile, in the young mans head, many things were going on.

Shadow Valley is an experimental RP where anything, and I mean anything is possible. Reality and physics no longer exist, and the oddest of things can and will occur. You're a person/thing/object that has been put into a squad, you may choose between the two squads. They each have their own agenda, "Silvers" wanting Josh to wake up, or "Greens" wanting him to perish. You can be any somewhat reasonable living thing, but I would prefer if you all kept it to Sci-Fi (Terran, Human, Zerg, Protoss, Reasonable customs) or Fantasy (Human/Elven/Dwarven/Orcish/Reasonable customs).

You will be assigned different missions to do try and do your squads bidding, but the RP will largely comprise of various sub-plots. Another thing, THE SQUADS ARE FRIENDLY!!!! They don't hate each other, and probably are friends, but secretly with different missions. So don't feel as though you can't interact with someone if they're in a different squad, it's just that your missions will be different. This RP will have a combat system based on PKA (Statistics based system) rather than a "logical end" to fights.

Note: Nothing realistic applies to this, a "unstoppable" fleet of ships could be destroyed by a magical rainbow of ice cream, for all I care. You may not attack someone using these methods, though you can defend yourself, and can use this twice a fight to escape an impossible to escape situation. You may or may not die in this, so be careful with your actions.

Application format:

^(Your name)^
Name (Feel free to be creative):
Species:
Squad: (Greens or Silvers)
Appearance:
Combat Statistics: (HP [50-100 start], Shields [30-40 start], and Reflexes [1-10 scale, start at 1-6])
Weapons: (Name/type, Range [Melee-15], Attack Speed [5 RPS to .1 RPS], Damage [15-25 start])
Bend-skill: (How you can bend reality, be creative but not vague, a specific ability such as flight as opposed to something like "physics")
Backstory: (Anything is acceptable, as long as it doesn't kill the RP somehow)

Happy posting!
Edited by Dacder on 12/15/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Umm cool idea, I might possibly join, but I really think that you should keep writing the story; I'd really like to see were it's going to go next.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/14/2012 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Warhawk
Umm cool idea, I might possibly join, but I really think that you should keep writing the story; I'd really like to see were it's going to go next.
I could, but I may try a fresh story, as I refuse to have a story and an RP mix together.

Anyways, I'll make the DM characters later.
Reply Quote
Offciers/DM Characters.

^Dacder^
Name: Mr.Sir (Training instructor)
Species: Terran
Appearance: 6'5, 250 pounds, A full body marine suit, you never see anything more.
Combat Statistics: HP 120, Shields 50, Reflexes 7
Weapons: Magnum 44, Range 4, Weapon Speed 1 RPS, 30 damage
Bend-skill: N/A

^Dacder^
Name: Zanie the nurse
Species: Night Elf
Appearance: 6'2, 145 pounds, slender lithe body with minimal armor, dark violet hair with glowing blue eyes.
Combat Statistics: 100 HP, 60 shields, 6 reflexes.
Weapons: Bow, .3 RPS, 35 damage.
Bend-skill: Healing (Can heal any wound near instantly)

^Dacder^
Name: The Man
Species: ????
Appearance: ???? (Never been seen)
Combat Statistics: ??
Weapons: ??
Bend-skill: Pretty much everything. (Runs the show, the camp and etc.., your leader. he uses Mr. Sir to talk for him.)
Edited by Dacder on 12/15/2012 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I'll need to think of something disposable.Terance and all my other characters...well, they don't fit in here.
Reply Quote
Im warning you now, a RP based on a story doesn't work :P
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 12:16 AMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Im warning you now, a RP based on a story doesn't work :P
Again, the story is an intro, they will not run together, nor will they be related.
Reply Quote
"I was thinking of having a young person corrupted by the Demon when it only recently came into existence, but I am not sure."
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 09:23 AMPosted by ShadowFury
"I was thinking of having a young person corrupted by the Demon when it only recently came into existence, but I am not sure."
"The Demon"? Not sure what you mean, but whatever it is, it's fine. Lemme add a backstory to the app, and feel free to put whatever in that.
Edited by Dacder on 12/15/2012 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ShadowFury^
Name: Rak'nashal, or the 'Demon' as he is more commonly known.
Species: Elf
Squad: Green
Appearance: Long pointed ears, stands around 5' 8". Skinny build. Shining Crimson eyes and a blood red aura around him. Pointed teeth, slit pupils (vertical), and clawed fingers.
Combat Statistics: 60 Health, 40 Shields, Reflexes 5.
Weapons: Psionic Pulse, Range: 9, Damage: 20, Attack Speed: 2 Shots per Second.
Charged Claws, Range: Melee, Damage: 25, Attack Speed 4.5 Hits per Second.
Bend-skill: The ability to rip reality to transport through space and dimensions, or banish an unbeatable opponent.
Backstory: Rak'nashal was born when several destructive beings in a void like dimension clashed. The energy that was produced due to the battle collected, and eventually formed him, Rak'nashal. Due to his devilish and sociopathic tendencies, as well as his demonic look, he was nicknamed, the 'Demon'. He was testing his ability to rip reality itself, and found himself in a dimension where physics was broken by many, he was unable to form himself a body so he took complete control over a young elf and heard that there was a squad that wanted to kill someone. He joined them, for he could not destroy them due to the limits of his host.
Edited by ShadowFury on 12/15/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Accepted. Looks very interesting, to say the least.
Reply Quote
Sorry to bump, but I think it's a just cause.
Reply Quote
Still tweaking. Sorry.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Zarkun
Still tweaking. Sorry.
Take all the time you need, though I'm afraid I'll probably delay it. Too many RPs right now.
Reply Quote
*shrug* It's a good concept, just difficult to work with when I has so many ideas in my head.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]