StarCraft® II

Emergency Thrusters cost Energy

The Medivac is far too strong with Emergency thrusters and Caduceus Reactor. What I'm suggesting is, how about Emergency Thrusters drain 20 energy per second while in use. That will give about 10 seconds of boosting, and will add to the "Emergency" feel.
Reply Quote
This sounds like it should be tested; it sounds like it could - or, if ignored, would - work out to be a good tweak.
Reply Quote
I completely agree. I think that's a fabulous idea. Although I'd bump up the energy use to 25, or maybe even 50 with a possible duration increase. Stopping terran drops was already difficult before. I'm getting really sick of seeing a medivac boost through all my defenses, making them feel worthless.
Reply Quote
50 energy per second is a bit much, that gives a measly 4 seconds, or 3 if not at full.
25 would be an okay change, seeing as currently the boost grants 8 seconds of boosting. It's just that 10 seconds would make it not too much of a nerf.
Reply Quote
Hey i just pulled a balance change out of my !@# as well man.

increase medivac build time by 7 seconds. This is really needed because it will make a huge difference to medivac timings.
Reply Quote
Hey i just pulled a balance change out of my !@# as well man.

increase medivac build time by 7 seconds. This is really needed because it will make a huge difference to medivac timings.

Just ask for a complete nerf then rofl. You know the timings get ready for them ?
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Martiny
The Medivac is far too strong with Emergency thrusters and Caduceus Reactor. What I'm suggesting is, how about Emergency Thrusters drain 20 energy per second while in use. That will give about 10 seconds of boosting, and will add to the "Emergency" feel.

You realize this will negate the need for Templar to use feedback on them, thus making Protoss micro less intensive? In addition, with the speed of Phoenix's you can hunt Medivacs down pretty easily. Zerg can also move their static defenses around, so with good OL spread you should be able to see a drop far enough in advance and be able to react accordingly. Plus with the new Muta speed boost Zerg can hunt them down just as easily, too.
Edited by jaymz on 1/4/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 12:34 PMPosted by jaymz
You realize this will negate the need for Templar to use feedback on them, thus making Protoss micro less intensive? In addition, with the speed of Phoenix's you can hunt Medivacs down pretty easily. Zerg can also move their static defenses around, so with good OL spread you should be able to see a drop far enough in advance and be able to react accordingly. Plus with the new Muta speed boost Zerg can hunt them down just as easily, too.

The problem with this is that the Medivac can dash right over static D and drop units into the worker line, and then prevent them from dying. You will need to have the units behind your lines all the time otherwise you lose your workers, and even if you do have defenses there, the Medivac will have plenty of energy for its units to destroy all the defence. It's not an equal trade to shoot down a couple Marines and a Medivac after they destroyed your mineral line and all the defenses.

This change will make the Medivac be able to only perform one boost instead of waiting 14 seconds to do another one. Doing this will make the Medivac speed boost used for either a do-or-die drop mission where the units dropped won't be healed, or for a quick escape where you can feedback the incoming Medivacs and shoot them down with defenses anyways.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Martiny

The problem with this is that the Medivac can dash right over static D and drop units into the worker line, and then prevent them from dying. You will need to have the units behind your lines all the time otherwise you lose your workers, and even if you do have defenses there, the Medivac will have plenty of energy for its units to destroy all the defence. It's not an equal trade to shoot down a couple Marines and a Medivac after they destroyed your mineral line and all the defenses.

This change will make the Medivac be able to only perform one boost instead of waiting 14 seconds to do another one. Doing this will make the Medivac speed boost used for either a do-or-die drop mission where the units dropped won't be healed, or for a quick escape where you can feedback the incoming Medivacs and shoot them down with defenses anyways.

Good point.

Honestly, I think all of this would be fixed if Blizz wasn't so keen on the idea of making Terran a race that has to win by constantly harassing their enemy. I like the thruster, but I think it's just further pushing the race in a direction that I'm not interested in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]