StarCraft® II

Through the Portal

And there I was, screaming at the top of my lungs "SAVE ME! SAVE ME!" while reaching out my hand for someone to grab it and pull me out of all consuming vortex that appeared out of nowhere inside the bar. I remember screaming that the trolls were coming but that was only to get them to come over and pull me away. Alas, I was not so lucky. Fate was cruel. While I would have gladly placed myself in front of danger to save someone in a heartbeat, my fellow peers did not. My pleading cries of help fell on deaf ears in a room full of people as they sat there nonchalantly drinking their beers and continuing with their play sword fighting with lightsabers. Clearly, it was more important than saving a person getting sucked through a wormhole screaming bloody murder. And they wonder why I tried to help them.

How nice it is to know that the people whom I have trusted with my life turned their backs so easily in my greatest time of need! I have done nothing to wrong them! I gave them the best medical attention whenever they asked for it. All that I took as payment were livers which could regrow themselves! What's the big deal? It's not a violation of anything to take something that rightfully belongs to you when you perform a service. But no, not according these entitled pigs who thinks everything comes free. At least I still have this biscuit as a snack bought with CREDITS!

Enough of that. What's done is done. Their deeds I will remember forever. Betrayal can never be forgiven. Now, I need to know what it is that I am going through. It feels very cold and compressed in here. My body feels stretched in all directions. Yet my body looks to be in the right proportions. Some foul trickery is amiss. My senses are being distorted but how? It shouldn't be possible. Was it for some higher purpose that I was taken or was it just terrible, terrible luck? So many questions, so little time. What's that at the end of the tunnel? It's so pretty!
Edited by smylez on 12/31/2012 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I look over at where the screams had originated and shrug. "I wasn't here at the time." I return to watching the fight.
Reply Quote
Explain so I understand better.
Reply Quote
If you see a light, run to it. It's a train coming in the other direction XD
Reply Quote
You're about to be infected by the Flood Jester.
Reply Quote
Pfft. Scrambled nervous system. You can't infect me.
Reply Quote
There was a glimpse of my destination up ahead. It was a blurry image but I could see that it was metropolitan in nature. A city perhaps? I do hope the inhabitants are hospitable. It would be a shame to arrive and be chased off immediately. I came out of the wormhole and found myself floating several meters in the air.

I land face first on the hard plexiglass. A loud pop told me that the wormhole closed behind me. A great way to enter in style and make an impressive first impression in the middle of a crowded pedestrian area. Without even looking up, I knew that they were all gawking at me, amazed someone fell out of the sky. Ah, I could not wait for the local law enforcement to come get me and haul me off to a cell.

To my absolute surprise, they did not seem to even care! They continued on with their daily routines as if nothing happened at all! How strange! The local populace seem to be unaffected by my arrival.

"Excuse me! Can you tell me where I am?" I ask a stranger.

She looked at me blankly before answering "You should know," cryptically, then disappearing into the crowd.

I should know? How would I know anything? The way she said it, it was as if I've been here before. This world was very strange.
Reply Quote
Dafaq?
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 07:29 PMPosted by supaflyz
Dafaq?

That's what I thought too, but then I was like;
"Wait, this is Smylez we're talking about here."
When you think about it in that light it makes total sense.

BTW Smylez, good story so far. keep it up.
Reply Quote
Ehhh that's what you get for getting me obsessed with KITTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
"I say main character gets killed by the trolls. I want that. Haven't read anything though other than something to do with trolls."
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:55 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
Ehhh that's what you get for getting me obsessed with KITTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This isn't about you... Go back to your litter box and !@#$ out all of those ideas of yours that you know wont pass... Go now, shuu.
Reply Quote
What ideas CR????
Reply Quote
All the kitten based ones you have... Like the Litter Box Cannon?
Reply Quote
Evidently, I was brought here for a purpose judging by her words and attitude. But for what purpose and who would do such a deed? And if that is true, then why have I not met with someone who would guide me around? Suspicious, very suspicious. The best course of action was to seek out information. After all, to tackle any problem, one must be knowledgeable about it in order to make the best decision. Far enough, but where to start? Perhaps the town hall would be a good place.

Welcome back Doctor...

"What? Who's there?" I ask aloud taking note of the cold, empty tone of the mysterious voice.

However, the whispers left as soon as it arrived leaving nothing but the mechanical grinding of the car engines idling as they stopped for traffic and the crowd of people silently making their way across the street. It was then that I noticed the skies. The clouds were twisting and swirling, creating grotesque looking images that carpeted the skies. The clouds were perpetually gray and dark, casting a shadow of misery over this metropolis.

It began to rain lightly. How piercing it was! I felt the cold, wet drips deep within my body despite my all purpose weather resistant clothing. Such a quiet and lonely feeling city. It had no soul. Even I, the jubilant and wiry smylez felt downtrodden at such a gloomy atmosphere. On top of a rather unwelcoming environment, I had to deal with a voice who apparently knows me. Yes, I can see fun times ahead.
Reply Quote
Dude the Used Litter Cannon was awesome as not only is it like a shot gun blast but any disease in the cat feces would be transmitted to the survivor.
Reply Quote
If you're going for biological warfare, then Anthrax is a better choice.
Reply Quote
But its not cat related. Anyways their is a parasite in cat poop that lowers reaction time and causes the host to like the smell of cat urine.
Reply Quote
Take this to the bar. A better option is to simply stop talking about it as you will get my thread deleted.
Reply Quote
Mecha, Agent Orange... That is all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]