StarCraft® II

Starcraft 2 stuck at checking for updates

(Locked)

Today, Spybot deleted Starcraft 2's .exe... (A real bummer) so I went to re-install it, and whether it's online or straight from the box, it always hangs at the checking for updates window.

When I install from the CD, it downloads, starts to patch, then jams at checking for updates screen.

When I download online, it just skips straight to checking for updates with identical results.

Please help, I'm not sure what to do at this point beyond completely re-formatting windows!
Support Forum Agent
Hey Necro, can you see if one of these suggestions helps?
Please somebody help!!!
Same with me.. any solution(s) for this issue?
im having the same issue!!! please help I reinstaled like 100 times
Support Forum Agent
What have you tried so far? You'll want to be sure to try the Advanced Troubleshooting steps from here.
i am also having the same issue. Troubleshooting steps have had no effect.

any suggestions??
omg,
its so annoying, it's the same for me too
is it because i am in a dorm behind a proxy?
I wish for having the setup files i could download directly from blizzard instead of installing it online through some ports
i planned to buy Heart of the swarm, too, though with such a disastrous proxy and ports problem, buying a digital version of HOTS is just useless for me!
Has ANYONE found a fix for this problem yet!?

Come on Blizzard!
Barthus' solution helped me. I was experiencing this problem for many weeks and the steps I took to solve it were as follows:

1) IE was not in Work Offline mode, so I enabled it, then disabled it.
2) In Tools->Internet connection -> LAN settings, I unchecked "Automatically Detect Settings", which was the only box initially checked.

Upon completion of the steps, Agent.exe launched and updated without issue.
Firstly, thank you for your reply!

Second, by IE do you mean Internet explorer? I use chrome for my Internet use...

Third, I opened Internet explorer just to try and see if it would fix, but cannot seem to find LAN settings. Maybe I'm just blind.

Fourth, thanks again!!
Just had this problem Fixed it by going into internet Explorer to. It goes into offline mode and although I never use it for some reason it always makes my downloads screw up. So make sure your internet explorer is not in offline and just go to a website other than your homepage to get it back online.
How can you tell if its in "ofline mode" or not?
I also have this problem. I have windows 8 im not sure if it is window's problem. When I run the online copy the "Checking for update" screen pops up and is frozen. I have uninstalled and re-installed many times. Also Diablo 3 does not work. So i am not sure.
Zero's solution worked for me. I use Chrome for all my web-browsing, however switching settings in internet explorer resolved the issue!
1. Open Internet Explorer (IE)
2. Go to "Tools" (It's the small gear button in the upper right hand corner of Explorer)
3. Go to the "Connections" tab
4. Click "LAN Settings" (at the bottom of the page)
5. If the box labeled "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked then uncheck it
6. Close and restart the launcher
I tried every other solution out there and this is the only one that worked for me. Thanks again Zero!
Zero's solution worked for me. I use Chrome for all my web-browsing, however switching settings in internet explorer resolved the issue!
1. Open Internet Explorer (IE)
2. Go to "Tools" (It's the small gear button in the upper right hand corner of Explorer)
3. Go to the "Connections" tab
4. Click "LAN Settings" (at the bottom of the page)
5. If the box labeled "Automatically Detect Settings" is checked then uncheck it
6. Close and restart the launcher
I tried every other solution out there and this is the only one that worked for me. Thanks again Zero!

Are you kidding me? I've been all over hell and back trying to find a solution for MONTHS. This finally fixed my issue.
Works for me.
I, had update my windows, look at my connection stability, disable real time protection and firewall, Disable all non microsoft background aplications, and delete the battle net folder, nothing works.
It won't even let me sign in to battlenet on IE. I remember a day when you popped a cd in and waited for the install and you were good to go, now you have to be a computer programmer to get games installed properly. I'm having trouble with another company's games because their games use Java and the department of homeland security says Java is vulnerable, so I haven't been able to play for 2 months. They've lost my business, others may be following soon.
First off

Dont try contacting Support, they just delete your ticket and not even help

this is what i did after 2 days of research

deleted the battle net folder

updated Mozilla Firefox to 19 and all the plugins including adobe reader

downloaded the installer

and ran it and an administrator

hope this helps
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]