StarCraft® II

The good and bad of HotS Bnet.

I'm another zombie poster from the early years of SC2 when we had real hope in it, and I also agree with FockeWulf.

Too bad this will accomplish nothing.

Oh well, I'd encourage you mapmakers to pick up standalone game programming and also get a shot at actually making money off what you make. With Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot like this, you have a real shot at competing with them.

Or you can check out some nifty games which might appeal to the scripter inside you like Topia Online (http://www.topiaonline.com).
Reply Quote
Just a note on those links that you tried to open with a web browser: its a magnetic link.

Magnetic links are software specific. If you paste it into a document browser (windows) - the game will launch and open a arcade game/melee map/game lobby/group or player profile depending on what you have copied.

If you paste them inside the the game client they become clickable links - so you can redirect other players in chats etc. to a specic location.

I have used them to guide players from a group description to the playable maps.
Edited by Monkalizer on 2/20/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]