StarCraft® II

Kickstarter forum section/page for sc2 maps

Something like the kickstarter website. Now I'm not talking about money donations but more like voting or player vouchers that they will try a map if played. Give it a popularity list to show popular new maps people are anticipating. This will help give maps some spot light prior to going live.
Reply Quote
Actually you can use kickstarter, Egod already used it, (failed though) and i think a blizz dev unofficially said that it isnt against the ToS.
Reply Quote
Well I was thinking of something done within the pre existing website and/or battle.net service so it can help maps gain some awareness prior to their release. That is interesting enough though didn't know anyone actually tried. I don't think actual money donations work though because other than the time spent creating custom maps there is no real justification for asking for money, since it costs no real money to create maps.
Reply Quote
Actually many people do donate to these higher up maps. I wont tell anyone because its neither none of mine or anything elses but darkrevs buisness, but I have seen Mafias on google docs, they can do pretty well sometimes. Not enough to replace a job or anything but moderately well.
Reply Quote
What do they use the money for?
Reply Quote
No clue, :P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]