StarCraft® II

Ender's Game Movie

A movie adaptation of Ender's Game is being made.

Release date is 11.1.13
Discuss
Reply Quote
AMAZING book. I read it when I was a little kid, maybe seven or eight, and I can say that it helped to cement my interest in scifi.

That said, they're never going to do the movie right. Straight off the bat, the actors that they've casted are too old. Even if they weren't, Ender ages several years in the book, and they'd have a hard time showing that. Beyond the actual premiseofcreating a movie out of this book, I think they're going to tell the wrong story, and in the wrong way. Ender's Game isn't really about a war with an alien race. It's about a little kid and how he is treated and groomed by the people around him. He's humanity's last hope. The story is about him growing into the role that they need. I don't see that gonig over too well in an executive office. If they were to do it right, there should never be a major battle scene. Mazer's victory COULD be the one exception. No spoilers, but according to the story, and if the story were to have the same effect, they should never show another battle with the buggers. I don't have much faith that they'll stick to that. Action and explosions sell. Also, will they be as brutal as the book is? Spoilers now FYI, the book tells the tale of a few little kids getting killed. And, spoilers again, will they really do a naked shower fighting scene where one boy gets burned by hot water and beaten to death?

I don't know. I'm really excited to see it. It COULD be a great movie adaptation of one of my all time favourite books. I'll keep an open mind, but those are my concerns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]