Blizzard: Missile turrets in TvT are useless

In TvT matchups, missile turrets are obsolete against drops because of the new medivac turbo boost. Currently, the only counter is to keep a supply of Vikings or widow mines on your perimeter which isn't feasible -

I recommend at least allowing us to level up our turret defense to add more static strike capability against drops. This also will help in late game defense against muta, dt, void attacks ...

At this point, 100 mins is too costly to spend on turrets that can't knock anything out of the sky... very dissapointing...
Reply Quote
Why is having a few widowmines on your perimtor not feasible? In most tvt it is tank wars. You should have factors with tech labs, so you wont be able to create two widow mines at a time. It only takes two widowmines to destroy a medivac instantly. Widowmines are a very good use for setting up blockades or keeping marines back. Create a factory with a reactor and create 4-8 widowmines and if you are afraid of being dropped put them where you think you will be. If you think you wont be dropped then use them to keep back your enemies marines and keep use them for advantage points.
Reply Quote
I think cannons, Blink Stalkers, Spore crawlers AND Turrets are useless against the Medivac speed boost... It needs a downside. The cooldown is WAY too short on it.
Reply Quote
I think the turret became superfluous when the widowmine came out..... But.... It detects stuff though amirite? Stops banshees and whatnot.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)