StarCraft® II

TvT in HOTS flat out stupid?

anyone wondering what i'm saying well in WOL there's always the issue of both terrans going mass seige tank which ultimately drags the game on forever since whoever took the initiative to attack first would get utterly destroyed.
now in HOTS instead of dealing with this problem they introduce the amazing widow mine... now instead of just turtling up like usual people have to watch out when they move out since the whole map is gonna be loaded with landmines.... when will blizzard learn that tvt is a flat out stupid matchup to play and need to find some changes yes the warhound was in the right direction by being an anti mech but still they took it out and now they made widow mines reusable...
Reply Quote
Uh.... can't you just turtle up a bit to prevent his mech marching up your ramp and then start bio doom dropping him? Mech is more immobile right? Multipronged drops will wreak havoc on a hard meching player. Worried about widow mines nuking your full medivacs? Just drop a scan on the base you're a bout to drop as you go in.

I don't even play terran and I came up with this in two seconds. Is it viable? Who knows but it's something to be tried before crying about a stale matchup. Hard meching? Try massing banshees. You'll spank his hellion tanks while doing good harassment and in sufficient numbers can snipe those early thors and a raven can solve the widowmine issue. Once thor count gets too much for you switch tech. Maybe go ghosts and nuke his seige tank lines.

Use your imagination.
Reply Quote
Uh.... can't you just turtle up a bit to prevent his mech marching up your ramp and then start bio doom dropping him? Mech is more immobile right? Multipronged drops will wreak havoc on a hard meching player. Worried about widow mines nuking your full medivacs? Just drop a scan on the base you're a bout to drop as you go in.

I don't even play terran and I came up with this in two seconds. Is it viable? Who knows but it's something to be tried before crying about a stale matchup. Hard meching? Try massing banshees. You'll spank his hellion tanks while doing good harassment and in sufficient numbers can snipe those early thors and a raven can solve the widowmine issue. Once thor count gets too much for you switch tech. Maybe go ghosts and nuke his seige tank lines.

Use your imagination.
Owned.
Reply Quote
anyone wondering what i'm saying well in WOL there's always the issue of both terrans going mass seige tank which ultimately drags the game on forever since whoever took the initiative to attack first would get utterly destroyed.
now in HOTS instead of dealing with this problem they introduce the amazing widow mine... now instead of just turtling up like usual people have to watch out when they move out since the whole map is gonna be loaded with landmines.... when will blizzard learn that tvt is a flat out stupid matchup to play and need to find some changes yes the warhound was in the right direction by being an anti mech but still they took it out and now they made widow mines reusable...

I think the epic and long engagements are what some Terrans enjoy.

It's not about making a deathball. It's about methodically planning every move you make in order to crush the enemy. Also, Battlecruisers!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]