StarCraft® II

Why are people saying that Terran is weakest

Let's be honest. Pro terran's have the most apm...
Reply Quote
All the races are the same, and very much balanced.
they all have their strengths and weaknesses, it is really stupid to say that terran is a weak race.
Reply Quote
In my opinion, Terran is the weakest race out there right now. The only viable option is to do well-timed pushes in the mid-game, or have an insane APM to do multi-prong drops. I do not think Terran is getting the buffs they need to stay alive in this game. I don't feel like the game is balanced at all right now.
Reply Quote
guys saying that are terrans who quit playing to whine about how zerg/protoss are more op instead of race switching like the competent gamer
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Mrjellop
And hardest to play

because they are comparing to the days at release when Terran was clearly OP.
Reply Quote
guys saying that are terrans who quit playing to whine about how zerg/protoss are more op instead of race switching like the competitive gamer

Fixed!
A competent player might not race switch just because he/she is having problems. The player might stick to his or she worst race just because he or she prefers the playstyle and has more fun with it. I personally would do much better with Protoss than with Terran.

An extremely competitive player would race switch to whichever race is easier for them because he/she only cares about winning.

But you intended this as an insult, and being "non-competitive" is not an insult is it?
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Sixilli
I actually find terran army control being one of the easiest. They have an extremely mobile army. Every terran unit is somewhat fast. I'm switching over to terran because I like the micro it forces me to do. I also find that terran's macro is the easiest. You can have constant unit making at the press of a few buttons. You don't have to worry about picking between drones and units. The only thing I find hard about terran is scouting without having to waste energy on a scan.

Most of the units have the same speed as a hydralisk which u call slow facepalm .
Reply Quote
terran is weak because, all the characteristics of the race that allowed it to win, in the past (excellent drops, decision making and marine splitting) have all been taken out of the game by infestors and zealots

do you ever wonder why blink is nerfed in hots to have a longer duration? because all of the things i mentioned above, are useless, that nerf will allow terran to go mech vs protoss, as band-aid solution for !@#$ing up tvp
Edited by LowApmUser on 12/24/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Most of the units have the same speed as a hydralisk which u call slow facepalm .

I'm talking about the compositions as a whole. Roach hydra really limits the zergs mobility. To me mobility is the only thing the zergs early game has. Also hydras are extremely prone to being picked off. Just like siege tanks are for terran. If you leave them alone they're going to find a way to hurt themselves. Since I don't have 100+ apm managing them while macroing is just asking for problems.
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Sixilli
I actually find terran army control being one of the easiest. They have an extremely mobile army. Every terran unit is somewhat fast. I'm switching over to terran because I like the micro it forces me to do. I also find that terran's macro is the easiest. You can have constant unit making at the press of a few buttons. You don't have to worry about picking between drones and units. The only thing I find hard about terran is scouting without having to waste energy on a scan.

Today I learned that mech is "extremely" mobile and that thors, siege tanks and battlecruisers are "somewhat fast".
Reply Quote
b/c when u call your main race the hardest to play it helps u feel better when u lose
Reply Quote
I agree to some extent of what Ice said.
But honestly though, every race has their own way of managing unit macro, and that is how i see it.
If you notice.
Terrans most likely favor a more industrial like way of management where in every unit has their own home to come out of. this can be challenging because you will have to ballance your income with your spending to build a good army. Your biggest advantage, if you were to invest enough to come to a point where production could be reactionary, would be the constant production units and individual use of them (because almost all of them have their own spells)

For zerg, In a way i would say it's kind of communistic type of management. You produce your units all in one building, and that building happens to be the same building that gets your income. You produce units by spending larvae (which is an additional resource zerg players have to manage) and you always have a choice on what that larvae will end up as. Because even though 1 larvae can give you a roach, you will still have to consider how much income you could have had if you spent it on a worker instead. So Zerg players always have to think in terms of investing their Larvae, (making decisions such as larvae for income? or larvae for army?) so in a way, unlike other races, despite the zerg being able to only use 1 building for unit production, for every unit made of a larvae, and opportunity to make another is lost (even if canceled)

Protoss resides on pretty much both sides, in a way, you always have a choice of spending chrono boosts on either for income units, technology or your army. opportunity for other units or stuff isn't exactly lost. We come to use the word "delayed". Protoss progressions is more treated as a tree, where in the probes are it's roots, its tech is it's branch and the army are it's leaves. and all you have to decide is which path you should go in achieving a certain goal
Reply Quote
I believe the Tvp matchup needs another look its gotten to where bio is almost useless against toss they only need zealot, archon and storm and any bio no matter the micro is just fired. this matchup has gotten ridicoulous the only unit terrans have against toss now is ghost and they cant be massed effectively. maybe storm should be a projectile like fungal giving bio terrans at least a 20% chance of winning.
Reply Quote
12.52/100
Reply Quote
well... use your ghosts then... EMP the hightemplars( then they would be as useless by then). if you can't do that. then ballance isnt the problem. it's your micro and location.
And cmo'n, they cost as much as infestors. and i can easily mass up infestors.
Reply Quote
please bronzes, silvers, and golds any really anyone not top master or GM, leave it to the pros to talk about balance.

In the meantime, go practice and get better. Or if you really think starcraft is hopelessly imbalance, go play LoL.
Reply Quote
I am only silver and new to 1v1, but Terran sure got the short end of the stick in HOTS. Toss and Zerg both got 2 new Tier 3 units, but Terran didn't. They got upgrades faster, like seige and mech plating upgrades combined, but only 2 units new are the widow mine, and new upgraded hellion which is nothing more than a glorified firebat. Terran already had a tough time vs banelings, now they have Viper's blinding cloud and abduct to deal with, along with new ultra ability. Terran got nerfed hard in HOTS, and if i knew they weren't getting warhound, I probably wouldn't have wasted 40 bucks on game.
Reply Quote
not the weakest, but hardest to play for sure
Reply Quote
not the weakest, but hardest to play for sure

Not anymore :P

Terran's pretty easy if you ask me. TvZ is pretty simple and TvT isn't too hard to learn, but TvP can be a bit confusing.
Reply Quote
At the plat level, T/Z/P are balanced.

Gold & below, Terran is stronger & easier to play.

High diamond & Masters: Terran is hardest to play, because zerg & protoss in high leagues really know how to abuse their race to the fullest potential.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]