Why terran macro is the hardest

What I am saying is that terran is the hardest to macro compared to the other races.

Which is an irrational claim, you can not prove that in any way. Your experience in the game would also suggest you have very little experience to lean on to begin with.

I suggest not worrying about it ;) Anything that beats you is probably easier/OP.

I don't need to play 1000 games to understand certain game mechanics and concepts. And I don't think any race is overpowered. Also considering the ladder is aimed at 50/50 win rates I am going to get beat and so will you.
Edited by jonc on 12/15/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
No point arguing with someone with an obvious low level understanding of the game who has already decided that his opinions are fact.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 01:52 PMPosted by jonc
I don't need to play 1000 games to understand certain game mechanics and concepts.

I am gold, you have to learn not to make claims, statements appearing as fact but with out evidence because you and I do not have the experience/ability to use as evidence.

You make statements as unwavering FACTS with no good reasons for them, no evidence outside your experience or impression (which is VERY limited) and do not accept input from people who do.

12/15/2012 02:07 PMPosted by TechNo
No point arguing with someone

12/15/2012 02:07 PMPosted by TechNo
who has already decided that his opinions are fact.
Edited by fingrknitter on 12/15/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 01:44 PMPosted by jonc
You're comparing two different races with 2 different styles of macro. Both rely on two different game sense where imo, terrans macro lies in APM where a zerg macro lies in game sense/scouting.

Since when is sense/scouting difficult?

The only reason why players think zerg is hard is because if they screw up in the start and forget to drone for like 3 seconds that error exponentially grows for zerg to the point where when zerg starts to switch to producing army they realize that their army isn't as big as they thought it would be.

So yes zerg's race is hard because its not forgiving but again the juggling act as terran is a lot harder. Also queing up 1 unit from hotkeys is still difficult because you can't see the timer bar so you are still losing efficiency once that unit finishes being produced you have to que up another one within a split second and every second you waste having an idle building structure is lost efficiency.

You're lack of knowledge and ignorance is showing.

" que up another one within a split second and every second "

The same way a queen inject works huh?

Let me ask you something. You are walled out of a terran's base. He has 1-2 amrines on the side of his base so your scouting slow overlord is useless until you get an overseer. Please tell me, what you do. Do you drone? Do you prepare for banshee? An A marauder hellion? Scv/Thor all in? Marine scv allin?

Scouting is actually essential to a zerg, more than it is to a terran. A probe/scv out on the map can see an allin coming from a zerg a mile away and it does not take much effort to prepare for it. Baneling bust/Roach all in. One requires you just rearrange buildings, and build 25 mineral bunkers. The other requires another bunkers and repairing scvs. A speedling all in cant even be considered since a terran deserves to lose if he doesn't know how to close his gate.

I'm not revisiting this topic. Should have realized you had no sense to begin with when you made this topic thinking you were contributing something useful to begin with.
Edited by Kalookakoo on 12/15/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok let me explain what i meant, it isn't really harder to press a hotkey for your barracks and press a and maybe d, than it is to inject or press w and then spam z, there all pretty damn easy. That was the point i was making, after that i explained how the only disadvantage of terran infastructure is that you can't remax after a big fight like protoss and zerg can, but mules give us an advantage because we can sac scv's and make our army size bigger.
Reply Quote

Because your thread is absolutely terrible.

I just find it funny when low level players who have no idea what they are talking about make ridiculous and biased claims.

If my thread is terrible why are you even posting on it?

Second, this is terran section so my intended audience for this thread was for terrans.

Third, players who are in bronze represent about 40 percent of the active gaming population so once you get out of bronze thats top 60 percent. I am top 8 silver so that would make me top 50 percent. So I am a low level player for being top 50 percent?

I presented my observations on the thread. All you are doing is insulting my game level based on what the blizzard system has ranked me. Hidden MMR is something you can't see so why do you even bother bashing my current league?

LOL not here to hate but um.. 40% are bronze thats true but most of them are inactive when ur at around plat thats when u can say ur slightly above average. u cant really count the ppl that are inactive plus um.. i have to agree with TechNo u needa gain more exprience. pretty much anything before gold are players inexperienced. also u cant really talk bout balance until ur top top master or gm or else its just u complaining bout balance when its ur own lack of game knowledge and exprience/skill.
Reply Quote
ya i believe the mmr breakdown is

bronze-bottom 20%
silver - 20-40%
gold- 40-60%
plat- 60-80%
diamond- 80-98%
masters top- 2%
gm top 200
Reply Quote

bronze-bottom 20%
silver - 20-40%
gold- 40-60%
plat- 60-80%
diamond- 80-98%
masters top- 2%
gm top 200

In reality though, it doesn't work out like that.

I know that in China for example 49% of players are bronze, god knows why
Reply Quote

bronze-bottom 20%
silver - 20-40%
gold- 40-60%
plat- 60-80%
diamond- 80-98%
masters top- 2%
gm top 200

In reality though, it doesn't work out like that.

I know that in China for example 49% of players are bronze, god knows why

probably cuz most ppl bought the game played it and lost interest but i also heard in china u have to buy subscription to keep playing apparently
Edited by StaR on 12/15/2012 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

And don't even get me started on protoss...their race is hilariously easy.

If its so easy then why aren't you good at it? Oya, also Terrans justify mules as a way to catch up to chronos, you realize the reason we have chrono is to catch up to mules? Chrono is nice early game and cancels out mules until you get lategame, now justify this

~Terran has 4k minerals because of all the mules he dropped, he has queued units in all of his rax, what does he do now? He makes 5 CC's and makes them orbitals then suicides his workers and mines off of 100% mules, I'm saying you will justify it as catching up? Its funny too, I could kill all your workers in your 4rd while I'm 100% saturated at my 4 bases. You can drop 4 mules and have more income/the same as me.

Don't say Protoss is so easy why aren't you winning tournaments with it? Have you ever stopped a stim timing? Do protoss have the best t1 unit? Is t2 terran trash? Have you ever had all your stalkers die to a few stimmed marauders with slow?
Reply Quote
terran macro is only the hardest in battles.
Reply Quote

And don't even get me started on protoss...their race is hilariously easy.

If its so easy then why aren't you good at it? Oya, also Terrans justify mules as a way to catch up to chronos, you realize the reason we have chrono is to catch up to mules? Chrono is nice early game and cancels out mules until you get lategame, now justify this

~Terran has 4k minerals because of all the mules he dropped, he has queued units in all of his rax, what does he do now? He makes 5 CC's and makes them orbitals then suicides his workers and mines off of 100% mules, I'm saying you will justify it as catching up? Its funny too, I could kill all your workers in your 4rd while I'm 100% saturated at my 4 bases. You can drop 4 mules and have more income/the same as me.

Don't say Protoss is so easy why aren't you winning tournaments with it? Have you ever stopped a stim timing? Do protoss have the best t1 unit? Is t2 terran trash? Have you ever had all your stalkers die to a few stimmed marauders with slow?

lololol chrono allows you to get what you need when you need it dont compare them to mules please you have no idea what your talking about.
Reply Quote

Juggling multiple production facilities is not the same as queen injects. Queen injects are based on number of hatcheries you have which usually doesn't exceed 3-4 until endgame. Injecting larva on constant 40 second intervals on 3 hatcheries isn't easy but compare that with what terran has to do. Terran has marines, marauders, tanks, scv, medivacs, etc all coming out on different time intervals from 7-8 buildings in midgame and they need to all be queing up 1 unit no more or no less for max efficiency. Unless you have to queen inject 7-8 hatcheries in midgame you can't say zerg macro is harder.

And like I said, zerg is more unforgiving so if they mess up by forgeting to larva inject they get punished more then if terran forgets to que up a unit. So their is an illusion that zerg is harder but in reality terran is harder because the number of production facilities terran has and the units he chooses to come out of those buildings are going to be different in every game where as in zerg every game they have to do the same 40 second larva inject and the same 15 second creep tumor spread.
Edited by jonc on 12/15/2012 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 09:16 PMPosted by jonc

Juggling multiple production facilities is not the same as queen injects. Queen injects are based on number of hatcheries you have which usually doesn't exceed 3-4 until endgame. Injecting larva on constant 40 second intervals on 3 hatcheries isn't easy but compare that with what terran has to do. Terran has marines, marauders, tanks, scv and medivacs all coming out on different time intervals from 7-8 buildings in midgame and they need to all be queing up 1 unit no more or no less. Unless you have to queen inject 7-8 hatcheries in midgame you can't say zerg is harder.

And like I said if zerg is more unforgiving so if they mess up by forgeting to larva inject they get punished more then if terran forgets to que up a unit. So their is an illusion that zerg is harder but in reality terran is harder because the number of production facilities terran has and the units he chooses to come out of those buildings are going to be different in every game where as in zerg every game they have to do the same 40 second larva inject and the same 15 second creep tumor spread.

you do know that zerg is the most forgiving race right? oh no of course you don't because you have been doing nothing but making purely opinionated posts about balance which you know nor are affected by.
Reply Quote
you do know that zerg is the most forgiving race right? oh no of course you don't because you have been doing nothing but making purely opinionated posts about balance which you know nor are affected by.

Zerg's errors compound exponentially. Due to the way they can train multiple drones at once if they forget to larva inject or drone up in early game when they should be droning up that error will be very large when its time for them to get their massive army. Terran can que up two units or even forget to que up 1 unit for a short duration and still not be punished greatly as they can still be producing scv while they are not producing units.

So zerg is unforgiving. What makes you think zerg is forgiving? Your troll is so bad its not even funny.
Reply Quote
Terran macro isn't the hardest. Each race is different. It's not hard to do the things you're complaining about.

Making sure your production facilities are working at optimal efficiency is a no-brainer. Your units tell you when they're done being built. Same goes for scv's

What really surprised me was your remark about zerg injects. It's much harder to 'keep a rhythm going' than it is to spam mules at your new expansion that you just floated half way across the map. Even the pro zerg players will float energy on their queens during a long macro game.

It's not hard to shift queue an scv to mine after he's done building a structure. You already have him selected when you tell him to build something. Half the work is done for you.

What you said about scans is just silly. Terran is the only race with three different forms of detection, scans being one of them. Learn timings so that you can mule and scan efficiently.

What I want you to take away from this comment is that, as a bronze player, it wouldn't be wise for you to make comments on things like balance and difficulty. You have about as much experience with this game as a three year old has with life. Making threads like this will only serve to start arguments with bronze protoss and zerg players. Instead, spend your time practicing and watching streams on teamliquid.net.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 09:34 PMPosted by jonc

Zerg's errors compound exponentially. Due to the way they can train multiple drones at once if they forget to larva inject or drone up in early game when they should be droning up that error will be very large when its time for them to get their massive army. Terran can que up two units or even forget to que up 1 unit for a short duration and still not be punished greatly as they can still be producing scv while they are not producing units.

So zerg is unforgiving. What makes you think zerg is forgiving? Your troll is so bad its not even funny.

Lets have a little situation here. Lets say a zerg and terran are playing standard vs each other.

Situation 1 zerg kills 30 of terrans 50 workers while hes on 3 base, the terran is basically dead unless the zerg is stupid.

Situation 2 terran kills 30 of zergs 50 workers while hes on 3 base, 1 cycle of drones would be around 18 drones, so he only needs 2 production cycles to remake those drones.

The larva mechanic is what makes zerg so forgiving, if a terran gets fungled badly then the zerg can go over to their base and kill them more often than not, if the zerg loses his army he has a much more likely remax potential.

You where the one saying how easy larva inject is, so zerg should have plenty of larva to remake drones, or overlords, or army units for any mistakes they make.
Edited by Terok on 12/15/2012 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Lets have a little situation here. Lets say a zerg and terran are playing standard vs each other.

Situation 1 zerg kills 30 of terrans 50 workers while hes on 3 base, the terran is basically dead unless the zerg is stupid.

Situation 2 terran kills 30 of zergs 50 workers while hes on 3 base, 1 cycle of drones would be around 18 drones, so he only needs 2 production cycles to remake those drones.

The larva mechanic is what makes zerg so forgiving, if a terran gets fungled badly then the zerg can go over to their base and kill them more often than not, if the zerg loses his army he has a much more likely remax potential.

You where the one saying how easy larva inject is, so zerg should have plenty of larva to remake drones, or overlords, or army units for any mistakes they make.

I would say the larvae is the greatest gift and curse. It centralizes all production. That means you only need to hit ONE timing for your production on one base, when you miss it however it is the worst because it affects so many aspects of the game.

Say you had to land a MULE down to activate half of your production buildings. Well, really if you can hit your mules, ez peazy. However, there is no way to play a game hitting it dead on every time and it will have larger repercussions because of that.

I have seen many terrans prolong their games with MULES to make up the difference long enough to kill a zerg, or protoss for that matter.

Terran is the most unforgiving with their army however. They have no delay mechanic like a force field, they have nothing that can be made in a panic like warp ins or the speed of remax from a zerg (closest I can think is repair, but it doesn't come close to that effectiveness).

You have the army or you don't, it is a very black and white game for a terran (as far as I can tell). Having extra resources is by far the worst thing as terran, because there is no way to "quickly" add them to your army either.
Reply Quote

I would say the larvae is the greatest gift and curse. It centralizes all production. That means you only need to hit ONE timing for your production on one base, when you miss it however it is the worst because it affects so many aspects of the game.

Say you had to land a MULE down to activate half of your production buildings. Well, really if you can hit your mules, ez peazy. However, there is no way to play a game hitting it dead on every time and it will have larger repercussions because of that.

I have seen many terrans prolong their games with MULES to make up the difference long enough to kill a zerg, or protoss for that matter.

Terran is the most unforgiving with their army however. They have no delay mechanic like a force field, they have nothing that can be made in a panic like warp ins or the speed of remax from a zerg (closest I can think is repair, but it doesn't come close to that effectiveness).

You have the army or you don't, it is a very black and white game for a terran (as far as I can tell). Having extra resources is by far the worst thing as terran, because there is no way to "quickly" add them to your army either.

Very true, in i guess i should have said if zerg loses either army units or drones separately they can reproduce them pretty easily but they have trouble producing both together whereas terran and protoss can do both pretty well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]