StarCraft® II

The good and bad of the HotS Data Editor

(Locked)

12/16/2012 10:03 PMPosted by IShadowWolf
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE DATA EDITOR...

His frustration slowly turns into rage...
Btw FockeWulf the reason why the "popular" maps don't use any of the advanced features that the editor has to offer (like you claimed) is due to the flaw of the popularity system and the flaw of the open games list. Not because no one cares about or uses these features...

see this for more info
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415601659

Deletarius please visit the link above, and i hope to see a reply, i think we would all like to know where Blizzard stands on the critical issue of the link above.

I'll say this, it doesn't matter how powerful and useful the editor is if the way that people see/join games is flawed.
CaveOfWonders as I said some maps use those features but not many.

There are many reasons for this. My stance on the issue is that for the next year or two those features are utterly useless because there is hardly anyone left in the community who can currently use them. Blizzard needs to focus all efforts on getting a new influx of modders, and getting both modders and players to return. This is the area they are going to take the largest losses in HotS and therefore it should be their overriding priority.

However I am not Blizzard management so obviously I cannot possibly know better than a group of people who decided it would be a good idea to wait 2 years to fix a huge component of their game.
Both the higher costs of mapmaking from the more complex editor and the greater difficulty of discovering and coordinating play around new maps thanks to popularity have led us to the current state. It's beyond our social scientific powers here to attribute the lack of amazing features to either one given that each has impacted the multitudinous mapmakers who have left.
Yeah, you can go back to the perfect WC3 editor, and enjoy your perfect life.

And leave this bad bad SC2 editor to us (the idiots) to waste our lifes.

Why do you still post here anyway?

Seriously, no one knows WC3 editor better than I(outside of blizzard, yeah), it's very easy, but the SC2 editor is still 300x better than the WC3 one. You go back to WE, I will not.

This is off topic, but i really can't help myself; i just have to know. (o_-) Renee, you're not the great Vexorian from wc3c.net are you?
Edited by Tam on 12/17/2012 8:22 AM PST
Yeah, you can go back to the perfect WC3 editor, and enjoy your perfect life.

And leave this bad bad SC2 editor to us (the idiots) to waste our lifes.

Why do you still post here anyway?

Seriously, no one knows WC3 editor better than I(outside of blizzard, yeah), it's very easy, but the SC2 editor is still 300x better than the WC3 one. You go back to WE, I will not.

This is off topic, but i really can't help myself; i just have to know. (o_-) Renee, you're not the great Vexorian from wc3c.net are you?

No Clue, but I know Renee is the great Renee from Gx3 and the battle.net forums.:P
Community Manager
@FockeWulf -

Your agenda is foul, dude. Just going to tell it like it is. Locking this thread.

These forums are not to glorify you and your opinions (however wrong and misinformed they may be). Nothing is perfect, and we are working hard to make things better.

Though you certainly don't deserve more grace, we'll consider this a very public warning: Lose the negativity or we will happily part ways with you for good.
Edited by Cloaken on 12/17/2012 9:43 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]