Data Editor Simple Question and Answer

(Sticky)

Is there a way to make multiple workers use an extractor/assimilator/refinery at once? Im attempting to make it so these structures have 3 inventory spots, and you can put in up to 3 workers that make the structure work automatically (similar to the Gold Mine for the Undead/Night Elves in WC3). Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
Is there an easy way to enable all upgrades from say the Protoss Forge to be applied to hero units like the Purifier?

I have the campaign units uploaded, but I'd like them to receive upgrades like standard melee units.
Reply Quote
I've figured out how to have a unit "counterattack" meaning when they are attacked they shoot a predefined weapon back at the attacker but I'm wondering if one can do "reflective shields" , meaning when weapon x is fired at a unit, they block it and shoot back with the same weapon. Thus giving the illlusion of reflecting it. The shoot back part is the most important.
Reply Quote
Hello. I have what I hope is a simple question. How do you change the build time on structures? I feel like this should be easy but I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I figured it out. You go under the worker's build ability and open the 'ability info' category,then modify the structure you want to change. The build time entry is called 'info-time' and is way at the bottom.
Reply Quote
Hello is there any way to make flying units not be able to fly over cliffs without no fly zones? I tried going to the fly mover but it would not allow me to add the validator cliff equal. Or even making air units collide with no pathing would even work.
Reply Quote
Hello, is there a way to have infester infested units spawn from infested buildings. For example the infested banshee would spawn from an infested starport or a infested siege tank would spawn from an infested Factory. The infester infested units are available for placement in editor so I'm guessing there has to be some way to do this.
Reply Quote
Embarrassingly simple question, how do you change a units scale?
Reply Quote
How do you make a worker build custom units (not campaign units) custom units.

ALSO I'm having problems with trying to make a seperate worker for the Command center, it only makes SCVs...
Reply Quote
Is there anyway to export sounds to like a .mp3 or something? I found some old topics asking this question, but the answer seem to no longer apply. I just want to make the Queen "ready" sound into my cell phone text notification.... is this possible?
Reply Quote
Okay, so I have making units for a arcade game. I got a bunch of them dome, looks good. I kind of want to think outside the box, looking for ways to impress. I would like to know, are animations customizable as well? Like say I want to take a Infested Marine and give him melee animations. So I get a Zelots animation and somehow bind them to the Marine. Is this a possibility? Prefect I want to animate Space Diablo, but only if it can be done with SC2 Editor.
Edited by Warmonger on 7/24/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
changing/modifying damages.

Do i need to create a new weapon or effect? Or can I just open a weapon and apply the damages.

I'm trying to bump siege tank's attack up, and tone down helions

thanks.
Reply Quote
Hi All,

What is the data field which determines how far away from minerals you have to place your base?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Hi All,

What is the data field which determines how far away from minerals you have to place your base?

Thanks!

You have to edit the minerals fields / vespene geyser's footprint.

Question - How do I make it so that workers collide while harvesting? It seems to be built into the harvest ability itself, but I can't find any flags or effects that cause it.
Reply Quote
There is a method for use arithmetic expression in a data editor field?
For example, i need to set the experience field of a unit limited by a enemy behavior that influence it.
For do this i need to subtract the gain experience point all the time the value exceed the influece limit.
It is possible?

thanks!
Edited by Adanf on 9/21/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi,

I'm new to data editing but has it been raised before to have server side data storage that players can only "Read" while in play and servers can "Update" based on map/scenario achievement?
Reply Quote
ok, i have a couple things i want to do for my defense map. im trying to figure out how to change the purchase cost of weapon and missle upgrades, eliminate the upgrade timer or change the time to upgrade, and turn off the supply cap. also how do i make it so every kill in game will reward in minerals or vespene?
Reply Quote
I was wondering how to get unit textures properly loaded in a map so when published it doesn't look like a blue mesh.
Reply Quote
Hi, I'm creating an Arcade map with custom heroes and abilities.

One of the ability types I would like to create is an AoE-style attack where the user receives a 'casting circle' upon using the ability so they can decide where to place the AoE (within a certain range of the hero) then once selected a series of missile will fly from the hero to the target area (each missile hitting only a select part of that target area).

I am currently trying to do this through the ability type 'battery' and am having very little luck. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have seen similar things in other Arcade games I have played so I am assuming it is doable I am just going about it incorrectly.

Any and all help is appreciated :o)
Reply Quote
Quick question. I want to have a unit continually produce a certain unit type by turning autocast on for that unit in the training ability (in this case, the Viking), but I want to leave the others without autocast. But I can't seem to find the field for this. How can I turn on autocast for Viking training?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]