Amnesia: The Darkness Within

Posts: 6,273
OOC: He moved out when the LZ team just landed and a counterattack by the Tal'darim was underway? FAIL! TOO LATE NOW!
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
He's...on his...fine. Give me something to do then.
Reply Quote
Posts: 6,273
12/19/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Dacder
I tell my squad to follow me, and I begin moving to his position, sticking to the underbrush.


He ditched them. Now you will sit there and wait for him.

Probably not going to post any plot points. Feel like I'm done for the night.
Edited by smylez on 12/19/2012 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
As we crept through the underbrush, we eventually reach Terance.

"So...what are we doing again?" I ask, as I walk up quietly behind him.
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,015
OCC:
WRONG THREAD. MEANT TO POST IN THE BAR
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
Wrong thread XD

IC: "We have no air support, and no way past these guys, not unless the flankers manage to survive. Which, given the enemy numbers, is unlikely. So, we can A) infiltrate and kill the leaders, or B) sit here and twiddle our thumbs while command pulls their head out of their @ss."
Reply Quote
Posts: 4,212
"They are in a 3 way engagement. The Zerg and Dominion have attacked them. Soon, it will be us too."

"In orbit, the Dominons and Zerg are about to engage."
"Alright. I will be keeping the Enesceron out of the fighting for now, because the other space fleets are significantly more powerful than ours, and from what I have been told it is unlikely that we will be receiving any additional reinforcements from the Hierarchy. I prefer that we let the larger groups fight amongst themselves for now; they will continue to weaken each other until we can make a decisive blow. I have already deployed transports to the surface however, so I will be able to provide some support there if necessary. For now I will be waiting on confirmation from the ground that the area is secure enough to allow the fleet to descend."

OOC: I must say... I have half a mind to just use the Enesceron's Purification Ray to toast the entire Tal'darim base from high orbit... but I figure that they might not like that too much.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 12/19/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
"Well then, let's get to murderin'." I say with a smile on my face.
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
I chuckle and look at the guard force. "There's still the matter of those cannons though..." I then have an idea. {Major, do you have any old EMP missiles?}
Reply Quote
Posts: 6,273
I must say... I have half a mind to just use the Enesceron's Purification Ray to toast the entire Tal'darim base from high orbit... but I figure that they might not like that too much.


That will destroy said artifact which is not what the Hierarchy wants.

IC:
"That is what we had in mind too. However, our timing must be perfect. Any mistake and the other factions will likely get their hands on the artifact or worse."

12/19/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Zarkun
I chuckle and look at the guard force. "There's still the matter of those cannons though..." I then have an idea. {Major, do you have any old EMP missiles?}


"Geniuses! Where is that damned Provun scum? Put him near the speakers. You listening? Why the hell did you leave your post! Who gave you the command? Your actions were to assist in securing the LZ and you strolled away? It just costed us more lives and set us back a great deal. @#$@! Just when we made some real progress too! Listen here Provunian, I don't care what you do now. You are all trapped behind the enemy lines. There is no way in hell a rescue team is possible or any sort of airstrike is possible near your position and I am not risking it. The Tal'darim has likely bolstered their defenses on the other route. You've just costed us a tactical victory that would have helped turned the tide of battle."

The comms end.

The major fumes. "How are the other regiments doing sgt.?"

"Sir, they've made a lot better progress than us! In particular, Colonel Sander's forces have managed to break through the Tal'darim defenses. They are fortifying their position as we speak."

"Patch me to him sgt."

"Yessir Major."

[....]

"Colonel Sanders, this is Major Graham. Can you redirect some of your men at the Tal'darim's leftmost flank?"

"Negative Major. We took quite a beating to get where we are now. Sending men over will only weaken our position and all that effort will be for nothing. You'll have to holdout a little longer. I'll come back to you. Over and out."

"Brilliant. We would have crossed this line if it weren't for that blunder! Give the order to hold position. We'll shore up our defenses and attack once the Colonel is ready! Damn backwater dogs..."
Edited by smylez on 12/19/2012 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
{Listen, we secured the LZ...just because your men couldn't hold it, that isn't our fault. We handed over our command of that to the Dominion. And as for what we're doing...you'll find that out soon enough.} I say with a look of disgust on my face.
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
I sigh. "Well, we do things the hard way. You have two AT launchers?"
Reply Quote
Posts: 6,273
OOC: Your words did not reach the other end because the major shut off the link. It actually is your fault as the major implied that you would assist in the pincer attack as he did not give you any other orders. But we move on.

Now how will you guys move forward in the middle of enemy territory without any assists?
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
OOC: Realistically, with a whole decent sized Dominion force there, they shouldn't have needed us. But whatever floats your boat...

IC: "Yes." I answer, before gesturing for my troops to get them ready.
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
I nod and indicate the two cannons. "Fire them on those and take them out. I'll draw the majority of the ground troops, see if I can't give you an opening to get inside. From there, I'll follow and trust you'll have found some way to close the doors by then."
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
"Alright." I say, slightly skeptical but with nothing better myself.

"Do it." I say, and the two cannons are almost immediately destroyed.
Reply Quote
Posts: 28,230
I leap out, my great sword and Ghoster in hand, landing in the midst of them. "Ello, ladies and gents." Slamming Ghoster into the ground, Rising Blade strikes all the Protoss in a fifteen foot radius, impaling them and angering the others. I sprint away, leading them away. {You have ten minutes. Go.}
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,911
I motion for the others in my squad, and we quickly manage to sneak into their base. Val, our specialist in this sort of thing, goes and depowers a nearby Pylon. Without the Pylon operational, all nearby cannons lack power, and so my squad advances on slightly, unimpeded. And sets up a small defensible perimeter inside some plant growth. Once this is set up, I quietly radio to Terance.

{We're ready for you.} We had only taken seven minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]