StarCraft® II

Amnesia: The Darkness Within

It's a pack of vipers so yes, it was doable.

EDIT:
Updating OP...
Edited by smylez on 12/26/2012 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
OCC: A single Viper can pull a Colossus. A pack of them yanked all the Colossi to the low ground. Are we all forgetting the Abduct skill?
Reply Quote
Gameplay does not equal lore. A single viper will not pull over a single gigantic piece of machinery weighing several tons several hundred feet across.
Reply Quote
What Owl is saying is that realistically, one wouldn't do it even with Abduct, which was nerfed to be ineffective versus units like the Colossus and Ultralisk.
Reply Quote
There is an answer for that: Telekinesis and enhanced muscles. Which, knowing the Zerg, it'll have both. And if we're doing lore, why don't I have Zerglings jump at Phoenix? XD
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Jester
OCC: A single Viper can pull a Colossus. A pack of them yanked all the Colossi to the low ground. Are we all forgetting the Abduct skill?
I meant lorewise, not gameplay-wise. In game, Abduct can pull anything. But Vipers are most certainly not bigger than a Battlecruiser, and yet in-game they are capable of pulling one a fair distance. If we assume a Viper is an eighth of the weight of a BC (I would think it would be less than that actually, as they look so frail), trying to Abduct it would result in the lighter object (the Viper) being instead launched toward the Battlecruiser and the BC remaining, for the most part anyway, stationary. But in-game is not the same as lore. If it was, a Battlecruiser would cover the map and a Carrier could fry a base in one shot.

edit because ninja'd: Enhanced muscles just make the Viper slam into the Colossus' shields at higher velocity. Telekinesis? Well, I don't really know. It gets kind of hard to balance these things base on logic. It would require very, very strong telekinesis though (this was brought up somewhere else as well when the logic of Abduct was questioned, and what it came up with was that if a Colossus was, say, twice the weight of a tank, Abduct would be able to launch a Marine into orbit with that amount of force), and if you were to use that in a different way the Vipers could very easily redirect it to instantly blow a hole through the Colossus instead, so I think it would be OP to allow Vipers to shoot physics alteration blasts at things. And you absolutely can have Zerglings jump at Phoenixes, as long as they're flying low and smylez allows it.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 12/26/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll do it.. .Master, just tell me where one shall be and I'll search for it immediately. The Praetor sent a though message to the Master Protoss.

The Pilot didn't know what to do what do a stare off like they had already done.

The Praetor... She tried to leave but felt a barrier! Master... It's not use. But don't worry, there is always a plan that I have.
Reply Quote
Because the moment they leave the ground, they're fair game XD
Reply Quote
Prelate Razuc messages the Imperator urgently, "Aeteas, do you see an opening at all in the Tal'darim defenses? The Zerg appear to be pushing the Tal'darim back."
====
"Controller Ramadar! The Zerg breached part of our perimeter and they are threatening to flank us! Is your crystal ready to be deployed?" the urgent voices of the other controllers rang through Ramadar's mind.

"At ease, it is done. Prepare to divert the warped energies at the Zerg!"

At four various points on the northern side of the Xel'naga ship, the four warped khaydarin crystals each one headed by a controller began to pulse energies from the void.
====
Telnis fortifies his link to the others and blocks off all other communications.

Storage room C3 Praetor and quickly now before- damn! There's a barrier now. Yes, this confirms it now. The thing is Xel'naga but I can feel the stress building up in the Terran as the Xel'naga attempts to materialize its power. Whatever your plan is, do it now. I will draw out more of the being's power.

Telnis paces back and forth, eying the shrouded figure, "Creator, I do not think you have seen enough of this world yet. Your misguidance is painful but we will set it right. This Terran is but one among billions and I will tell you that his species as a whole are nothing but ruffians and hooligans, the lowest rung of society. We Firstborns are much more honorable than them."
Edited by smylez on 12/26/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Before the Xel'Naga can reply, I laugh. "Are you f*cking kidding me? You kill your own because they saw the errors of their ways! You claim to protect Xel'Naga artifacts, and yet you're using them in ways most likely never meant to be used! And then you throw in the fact that you are fighting three on one? That's just...pathetic." The Xel'Naga nods, and then forms a small psychic ball, draining off the stress.

"You of the Tal'Darim are unfit to be called Firstborn. The rift that arose between you of the Khalai and the Nerazim was never meant to be. Allow the Terran to do his job and we will leave you. All he comes for is the source of a psychic emanation similar to that which my own shard had housed." The Xel'Naga had managed to catch stress and power and knew what the Tal'Darim's trick. was They were indeed fallen from the path of the Firstborn.
Edited by Zarkun on 12/26/2012 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
He had managed to catch stress and power and knew the Tal'Darim's trick. They were indeed fallen from the path of the Firstborn.

Can you explain this sentence? I can't quite figure it out what it means. Who is he?

I edited my post slightly so that your character was feeling the stress of having the Xel'naga manifest itself.
Edited by smylez on 12/26/2012 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Meaning with the fortification, he caught two words out of a whole message. And he is the Xel'Naga. I'll edit that. And can I get a quote of the edit. I see you did it, but not where.
Reply Quote
Prelate Razuc messages the Imperator urgently, "Aeteas, do you see an opening at all in the Tal'darim defenses? The Zerg appear to be pushing the Tal'darim back."
====
"Controller Ramadar! The Zerg breached part of our perimeter and they are threatening to flank us! Is your crystal ready to be deployed?" the urgent voices of the other controllers rang through Ramadar's mind.

"At ease, it is done. Prepare to divert the warped energies at the Zerg!"

At four various points on the northern side of the Xel'naga ship, the four warped khaydarin crystals each one headed by a controller began to pulse energies from the void.
====
Telnis fortifies his link to the others and blocks off all other communications.

Storage room C3 Praetor and quickly now before- damn! There's a barrier now. Yes, this confirms it now. The thing is Xel'naga but I can feel the stress building up in the Terran as the Xel'naga attempts to materialize its power. Whatever your plan is, do it now. I will draw out more of the being's power.

Telnis paces back and forth, eying the shrouded figure, "Creator, I do not think you have seen enough of this world yet. Your misguidance is painful but we will set it right. This Terran is but one among billions and I will tell you that his species as a whole are nothing but ruffians and hooligans, the lowest rung of society. We Firstborns are much more honorable than them."
"Yes, though I am uncertain as to if they are weak enough for us to attempt an attack. The Colossi have been mostly destroyed by Zerg Vipers, and the majority of the Tal'darim force has been blanketed with Blinding Clouds. They will disperse shortly though, so if you want to make a move, it will have to be done immediately. I cannot provide any air support however, there are far too many Hydralisks in the Zerg force. Our contingent of fighters would be destroyed immediately. If we are to attack, we must use stealth to bypass the enemy defenses. We have not the numbers for a direct attack."

OOC: Away for tomorrow and the morning of the next day.
Reply Quote
I want all free troops to begin searching for the crystal, then once you do it you know what to do. They have a barrier around us. The message was sent to the troops only, meaning the others couldn't hear it at all.

OOC: By the way, even with a Xel'naga inside of you. If he is subjected to Sundrop... He is screwed.
Reply Quote
You won't get close enough. Once you hit 30 feet from him, you're screwed.
Reply Quote
So pretty much... Your person can take out everyone by himself without any help whatsoever? I'm just thinking of this from the whole 30 feet thing... That is quite a bit of space.
Reply Quote
Not realistically considering the range on a mind blast...thing. It's wider then that.
Reply Quote
Yes, but we can't touch you, but you don't need to touch us since you can create extra blades to do the work for you once you are within 30 feet.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 06:59 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Yes, but we can't touch you, but you don't need to touch us since you can create extra blades to do the work for you once you are within 30 feet.
Shoot him from beyond 30 feet?
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
Shoot him from beyond 30 feet?
No... Because he will either dodge or block... I should probably quit posting, for I'm still holding in anger from earlier that doesn't involve any of this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]