StarCraft® II

To the RPing community...

Dude, you want a historic RP, make it. Lord knows how much it's bugging you.
Reply Quote
hmmmm would it be like one RPer is the 'soldier' and another is the 'Familiar'?
Reply Quote
It could be, I was thinking that one RPer would control their char and his or her familiar. But your idea could work as well.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Zarkun
Dude, you want a historic RP, make it. Lord knows how much it's bugging you.
It isn't, I'm just throwing ideas out there. He wants help picking the genre, I'm adding in ideas for him to choose from.
Reply Quote
"Well, sh!t. I'll definitely have to wait a few months to publish mine when I finally finish writing it up. But both ideas have quite good merit to them."
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Warhawk
It could be, I was thinking that one RPer would control their char and his or her familiar. But your idea could work as well.
also could depend on how the RPer likes to work ..... (kinda like me Zark and Dac in Fade)
Reply Quote
I like the idea. Oh, and Zarkun, when is R&R supposed to be coming out anyways?
Reply Quote
Okay, I'm confused at to what your idea is...
Reply Quote
Well, It's seems that "Roman's with Pokemon" is in... :P

I'm not going to start on this right away, but feel free to start throwing out ideas for it.
Reply Quote
I lost the lore :p so I have to type it up again. *le sigh* Not going to be fun.
Reply Quote
I'll type up an extremely rudimentary lore as well. Just to help supplement Zarkun's.
Reply Quote
@Dacder:

A group of soldiers with elementally oriented animal familiars fighting their way through the wilderness filled with hostile natives, witch doctors, wild animals, etc.

It would probably end up being a survival/explorer adventure RP.
Reply Quote
This is for the World's End follow up Dac.
Reply Quote
"I think the Pokemon-Roman mix will actually be the most original RP ever to tell the truth."
Edited by ShadowFury on 12/19/2012 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Zarkun
This is for the World's End follow up Dac.
Well never mind then. I'll probably type up my own lore just for the hell of it actually. So whatever.
Reply Quote
In all truth, it's not my idea. If I'm remembering correctly, the original concept was a dare amongst a group of authors; Write a good book around the two most clashing concepts. A Pokemon Lost Roman Legion was the combo.

@Dacder:
Thanks.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/19/2012 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Zarkun
I lost the lore :p so I have to type it up again. *le sigh* Not going to be fun.
Oh. Well that sucks.
Reply Quote
Interesting concept...oh well. I've got to write up the lore for R&R, then a whole RP for DarkBlade: Conquest of the Ancients...man it's gonna be a long week.
Reply Quote
LOL, well best of luck to you then.
Edited by Warhawk on 12/19/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here's a progress report. (Note: There will be four races in the end, and most/all lore as of now is historical.)

Lost Soldiers Origin:

In the year of 12 A.D. Roman Emporer Augustus Caesar found an ancient artifact on the German Rhine. The artifact was named “Caerimonia Aedicula”. One day, the shrines true magical prowess was shown went it created a portal to the alternate dimension of Abucredo. The Roman emporer wished to explore and conquer this new realm, and so he sent the XII Legion to claim all lands in this dimension. On roughly January 4th, 13 A.D. the legion made it’s trip. It consisted of several thousand troops, but the Portal closed after just a few had gone through. This small group became known as the Lost Soldiers.

Magic Powers Origin:

After several days of wandering, the thirsty and tired Romans stumbled upon a set of lakes. The lakes were clear, and void of all life, sparkling and beautiful. The Hecate wells as they became known were, unbeknownst to the soldiers, magical. The soldiers had a choice of drinking, they could drink from the following wells. Aquilo, or the power of wind. Fictilis, or power of Earth. Accendo, or the power of fire. And Aqua, the power of water. The soldiers drank from one well only, for the other wells grew to look as though they were poisoned to them, and one could not achieve multiple powers either way, except through some other variety of magic.

Other Peoples:

The Aesuculetum, the peoples of the woods. These folks are physically strong and large, and generally do not harness magical powers with the exception of rare witch doctors. They live in tribes and are generally hostile, and prefer to set up ambushes in the woods before closing with axes and smashing their opponents. Their chiefs have control over the tribe completely, with no semblance of democracy or anything like that in society. The business of the men is war and hunting, and the women to cook and assist in home-building and clothes making. They speak the language of Baritus, a language often not understood by those outside their land. They own the western forest lands, and will defend these lands to the death.

The Incultus, the peoples of the desert. Physically strong and hardy, though not so large as the Aesuculetum; these people often have magical properties to them. They live under one united empire, a semi-democratic republic that’s heavily reliant on birthright. They have also harnessed the awesome power of the Barrus, a huge tusked beast which is nigh unstoppable by normal means. They prefer to fight in looser Phalanxes with light infantry and heavy cavalry support, but are often diplomatic and prefer peace to war. Aristocrats generally control cities, with police forces, the Custodia, keeping law and order in their cities. The society is generally not segregated, with either sex able to do as they please. They own the southern desert lands, and do not hesitate to destroy foreign invaders.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]