StarCraft® II

Promoted to Diamond!..

..and I'm not sure if that's good. Personally, I think I play at a low-platinum level, maybe a bit higher when I'm confident or doing well that day.

Here's the game that gave me the promotion.

http://sc2rep.com/replays/%28P%29Soon_vs_%28T%29Shamrock/21378

So here's my short analysis of my play:

I think my worker production was decently constant -- but I did end up cutting them when I was saturated.

The initial warp prism drop threw me off a ton. It made me pretty nervous so I delayed my expansion way longer than I should have, and my upgrade production was pretty weak. I didn't do too well with holding off the colossi push, but I came out on top. Barely. I didn't micro from the zealots as much as I should have. At the end, I stopped macro'ing because the game was over, anyway. Probably shouldn't make a habit of doing that.

Overall, I don't think I did too well. I was way too nervous and delayed things for too long. But I was promoted. That kind of scares me-- because I'm not sure if I'm high enough to fight high Diamonds and low Masters.

So let's get to the reason I posted this:

I need some practice before I can ladder again (in my opinion. If someone else things otherwise, I'd like some input.) If anyone would like to lend a hand or suggest a group of players who practice regularly, I'd appreciate it greatly.

- Shamrock.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
I get some good practice out of 1v1 obs, but i didn't watch the replay so i can't comment on that at the moment, ill watch it in a bit and post what i think.
Reply Quote
Another bump. Would like some feedback.
Reply Quote
I'd give you feedback but I all in every TvP :P if it was a TvT or a TvZ though I'd be glad to give some feedback
Reply Quote
Feel free to add me for practice. I think I'm playing at a mid-high diamond level since I can hold my own against low masters, but still die to some cheesy stuff from mid-low diamonds sometimes.
Reply Quote
Here's me losing to a Zerg.

http://sc2rep.com/replays/%28Z%29creativeinc_vs_%28T%29Shamrock/21379
Reply Quote
Edit: Nvm. Found it.
Edited by Shamrock on 12/23/2012 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yup #541, just msg me up when you see me online. I typically practice more on customs against masters and high dia nowadays anyways.
Reply Quote
Here's me losing to a Zerg.

http://sc2rep.com/replays/%28Z%29creativeinc_vs_%28T%29Shamrock/21379

what happened here was that you basically did zero damage to him early on and he was able to happily drone up then make his death ball, also 20 minutes in you were still on two bases, you need to be aggressive, and expand.

heres a TvZ of mine http://drop.sc/287146
Reply Quote
All right, cool.

Edit:

Just saw your post Zerglor. Responding.
Edited by Shamrock on 12/23/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
The replay I showed you probably isnt the BEST match I've had because I coulda traded armies better, but I think its just a good example
Reply Quote
Lol, well. The replay isn't wanting to save properly so I won't be able to look at it anytime soon.
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Shamrock
Lol, well. The replay isn't wanting to save properly so I won't be able to look at it anytime soon.

the summary of it then, I open 1 rax FE into hellion banshee, get in his nat with a banshee distraction and kill some drones with hellions. then I went for pure bio sniped some creep tumors dropped in his main and sniped the hatch while I had his army out of position. there are a few more engagements he kills my 4th with infested terrans does a big roach infestor push and the push fails. I keep denying his 4th and 5th base and slowly pick apart his infestor broodlord army that he built up with marine marauder medivac viking raven
Reply Quote
All right, thanks. But I usually open with 1 racks FE into 3 racks stim, then push at 10:30 with 4 medivacs, marines, and marauders. Would that be as effective as a early hellion pressure, or am I giving my opponent too much time to drone and get a defense up?
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Shamrock
All right, thanks. But I usually open with 1 racks FE into 3 racks stim, then push at 10:30 with 4 medivacs, marines, and marauders. Would that be as effective as a early hellion pressure, or am I giving my opponent too much time to drone and get a defense up?

in my experience, 10:30 is just too late because he can have a good amount of drones and have a decent amount of lings to defend, I used to do 3 rax stim, but it stopped working once I started playing vs masters. The absolute best opening in TvZ is 3CC into hellion banshee. It does a great amount of pressure if done right, and can easily transition into anything
Edited by Zerglor on 12/23/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, I'll start practicing the build. I'll post replays in a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]