StarCraft® II

how do you beat zerg to powerful

it seems some how that muta roach hydra lings are to powerful even with 3 3 upgrade
Reply Quote
...Would any Zerg even have enough gas to support a Muta/Hydra ball large enough to be useful in a straight up fight?
Reply Quote
yes somehow they do
Reply Quote
At your league, the most likely reason that's even possible is because your opponent's macro is terrible and he floats like 2000 gas or something then decides to make a terrible unit composition with it. Just focus on outmacroing him and kill him with a maxed army that can just a-move all over his units.
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Mrjellop
it seems some how that muta roach hydra lings are to powerful even with 3 3 upgrade

Depends what you have I would think. Just gateway units, yeah they are going to plow you.
I suck at HT use, but a few good storms would probably turn the battle.
Edited by DocSlowMo on 1/1/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
i get colli
Reply Quote
If they can do that then you either lost an engagement badly resulting in losing your whole army, are playing a Team game, someone far better than you with good comprehension on obtaining such a powerful ball, or you simply sat on one or two bases for too long while he sat on four.

Point being, you are letting your Zerg opponent reach that point. Scout him and send/warp-in Zealot suicide-squads or DTs if he lacks detection to harass his economy. DTs can also be used for Archons, which are good against almost all Zerg units. There reaches a point in a game where your opponent is so far ahead they would have to literally go afk for you to win. You let your opponent reach that point it sounds like.
Reply Quote
How do you a -move and what is it I changed my hot kes around
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 08:06 AMPosted by EthanKairos
At your league, the most likely reason that's even possible is because your opponent's macro is terrible and he floats like 2000 gas or something then decides to make a terrible unit composition with it. Just focus on outmacroing him and kill him with a maxed army that can just a-move all over his units.

This, also learn to FFE really well from that you can go into anything.
Reply Quote
If you don't have a good enough economy, Zerg will take the board and it doesn't matter what they throw at you. To be demolish roach/hydra/ling with a Collosi/Stalkers/Sentry ball, you probably need about 150 supply with 4+ Collossi, and you want to actually use force fields and pick good enagagement points (not out in the middle of the map where you get flanked).
You can do that as a 2-base all-in with about 60 probes or a 3-base all-in with about 65-70 probes.
Zealot/archon/immortal/HT also works really well against that kind of army with upgrades as long as you use your storm well, don't get completely surrounded, and don't get completely outmacroed.

But post a replay, I'd be curious to see it :)
Reply Quote
How do you get out of Silver!! Too hard!! But seriously you could 10 min Immortal/Sentry all in and win every PvZ..
Reply Quote
How?
Reply Quote
I would just leave the second you get a PvZ. It will save you a lot of heartache. Zerg can stop any push after 10 minutes, and can deny your expansions with easy. They have every advantage.

Blizzard feels that protoss must have absolutely perfect FF placement to have even a remote chance. Genius game design.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:59 PMPosted by dsematsu
I would just leave the second you get a PvZ.

Oh give me a break, it's not that bad. It sounds like you just suck at PvZ and should spend more time figured out what you are doing wrong and less time whining.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:59 PMPosted by dsematsu
Blizzard feels that protoss must have absolutely perfect FF placement to have even a remote chance.

I don't even use sentries and I didn't run into those issues, lol.

Sounds more like you're getting outplayed.
Reply Quote
if he can get hydra/muta/roach, you should be able to get chargelot/archon/collossi...

that'll do it!
Reply Quote
Well at silver level you can probably just probe rush him and win.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 08:59 AMPosted by papercut
Well at silver level you can probably just probe rush him and win.

You might be surprised. There are enough smurfs out there doing this to bronzies that holding off a probe rush is one of those things you have to learn to stay out of bronze :)
Reply Quote
Well I didn't have enough space for te title
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 07:58 AMPosted by EthanKairos
...Would any Zerg even have enough gas to support a Muta/Hydra ball large enough to be useful in a straight up fight?

Zerg money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]