I just got trolled by a terran. TVT (FML)

01/07/2013 11:00 PMPosted by BlackDeath
Yea I know a kid like that. I've only been seriously lifting for a few months now. I'm continuing to gain weight so I think I can eventually get 200 but that's a long way off...

Yeah, it took me like two years. I use to do water polo/wrestling in the summer, water polo in the fall, weightlifting in the fall, wrestling in the winter, swimming in the spring, weightlifting with the football team in the spring, plus working out on my own. It's all about your routine though. I made most of my gains during spring, because that was the only time of the year I was focused on actually building bulk, but with a solid routine you'll have far more dramatic results.

Edit: It's also about consistency and dedication. I use to work out 4-6 hours a day to get to that point, between swimming, lifting, cardio, and my actual sport. Man do I wish I'd kept that up instead of getting into... uh... the "party" scene.
Edited by Prome on 1/7/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Prome
Yeah, it took me like two years. I use to do water polo/wrestling in the summer, water polo in the fall, weightlifting in the fall, wrestling in the winter, swimming in the spring, weightlifting with the football team in the spring, plus working out on my own. It's all about your routine though. I made most of my gains during spring, because that was the only time of the year I was focused on actually building bulk, but with a solid routine you'll have far more dramatic results.

I have a fairly solid routine. This spring I'm doing track and next year I'm going to do wrestling and track. I don't know how solid you mean by a solid routine but I pretty much work out whenever I'm not sore and I go for runs all the time.
Reply Quote
Everyday I woke up, did weight lifting or hundred of push ups and sit ups if I couldn't get gym access that day. When I was lifting, I'd alternate muscle groups. When I could only do push ups, sit ups, or like curls with the crappy home weights that I had, I did so many that I got use to doing tons of them and they didn't make me any more sore than what I could recover from before the next day. I'd go to class, sometimes wrestle during lunch, mostly messing around but often working on more technical things, more than enough to break a sweat, go back to class, then have a 3-4 hour practice (whatever the sport) after school, and normally I'd stay after practice.

Come to think of it, I was actually freaking dedicated. Maybe it isn't that easy lol.

Edit: Also, if you want to have fun wrestling, do as much of it as possible. The better you get at the very most basic things, the more you'll win, and winning more equals more fun. Practice your shots until you are the best person on your feet at your school, because even if you never learn top/bottom work, you can still get technical wins just by doing catch and release 2/3 rounds lol.
Edited by Prome on 1/7/2013 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow, have I gotten sidetracked.
Reply Quote
Everyday I woke up, did weight lifting or hundred of push ups and sit ups if I couldn't get gym access that day. When I was lifting, I'd alternate muscle groups. When I could only do push ups, sit ups, or like curls with the crappy home weights that I had, I did so many that I got use to doing tons of them and they didn't make me any more sore than what I could recover from before the next day. I'd go to class, sometimes wrestle during lunch, mostly messing around but often working on more technical things, more than enough to break a sweat, go back to class, then have a 3-4 hour practice (whatever the sport) after school, and normally I'd stay after practice.

Come to think of it, I was actually freaking dedicated. Maybe it isn't that easy lol.

Edit: Also, if you want to have fun wrestling, do as much of it as possible. The better you get at the very most basic things, the more you'll win, and winning more equals more fun. Practice your shots until you are the best person on your feet at your school, because even if you never learn top/bottom work, you can still get technical wins just by doing catch and release 2/3 rounds lol.

I don't know if I can ever be the best at my school because a friend of mine has won nationals before and gets state every year and he's in my weight class. I will try though.
Reply Quote
That just means you have an awesome training partner. It also means you have a reason to bulk up and go up a weight class lol.

On a side note, people excel at wrestling for different reasons. If your friend goes to state I'd bet he is solid on his feet, however at my school the guy at my weight class who went to state, his real strength was actually his top/bottom work. He was one of the best leg riders I ever met lol.
Reply Quote

lol
Honestly? I think that what you wrote was uncalled for, though I wouldn't badmouth you for it to the extent that Sheffield did, I agree with him in that it was good that it was deleted and it sucks that it lives on in quotes.

lol

honestly

Brosting in an epic bread
Reply Quote

For future reference I weigh in the 125-130 range and I bench 150. Not super great but I feel pretty good about it.

Yo BD you can feel pretty good about that, first off, you're not even old enough to be exercising at a level that will give you big gains in your bench because you'll tear your muscles, they're already constantly bulkin up just cause of that age so working out is either too stressful or will be small gains

I sit at 160 and have been trying to gain weight/mass desperately recently, I probably bench around the same amount despite being five years older haha. Just been a neckbeard gamer since my pre-beard era so never really got bulky like my buddies but finally have gained the motivation to get going with working out and stuff. It's really easy though once you get started on shakes and stuff, lets see.. right now its jan 8th, around 3 months ago i was 140 pounds
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 01:24 AMPosted by sAdgiRLtt
I sit at 160 and have been trying to gain weight/mass desperately recently, I probably bench around the same amount despite being five years older haha. Just been a neckbeard gamer since my pre-beard era so never really got bulky like my buddies but finally have gained the motivation to get going with working out and stuff. It's really easy though once you get started on shakes and stuff, lets see.. right now its jan 8th, around 3 months ago i was 140 pounds

Best way to gain mass is to eat tons of protein and unsaturated fats. Lift big (aim for 3-6 reps per set) and eat tons of protein. If you're really not getting enough protein, just take whey protein shakes and what not.

If you do compound exercises (deadlifts, pullups, chinups, squats, bench pressing, etc.) that work multiple muscle groups, you're more likely to see growth in mass as well (as opposed to doing bicep curls or something that only works one major muscle at a time).

Idk though, I'm gonna wait until spring/summer to start doing barbell exercises. Kind of !@#$ty out right now and I have no motivation to go to my school's private gym until it's warm enough that I could walk over there without freezing my %^- off.

But anyways, mostly just pay attention whenever you play a game. If you aren't told that you won, you didn't win yet. The only time that something along those lines has ever happened to me is when someone did the pause trick at the end of a game. It doesn't work anymore, but if you paused a game right before you left and the other person doesn't unpause it before they leave, it glitches the game and you don't get credit for the win.
Edited by MtlGuitarist on 1/8/2013 3:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 01:24 AMPosted by sAdgiRLtt

Better now than never man!
Reply Quote
How did this forum get from starcraft 2 to working out?
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 07:40 PMPosted by simmy
How did this forum get from starcraft 2 to working out?

Someone backpedaled hard.
Reply Quote
You would think a person might have a little sympathy for imperfection if they looked like this https://twitter.com/i/#!/Gabe_Kauffman/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fk4PfwYGY

No?

01/07/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Anxiety
I'd say !@#$ behind a keyboard too if i weighed as much as an Olympic bar.

Wow that's a fair amount of digging you did there. That picture is somewhat old and obviously completely before I started lifting. Anyways I am your average 16 year old, I'm not sure what you expect. And as any 16 year old, I spend a good deal of my time messing with people over the internet for my own entertainment and it works quite well sometimes :)

For future reference I weigh in the 125-130 range and I bench 150. Not super great but I feel pretty good about it.

Definition of a loser
Edited by Shahzad on 6/26/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow, necro much?
Reply Quote
23:08 [All] simmy: f10 and then press n
23:10 [All] Xpassive: i pressed surrender
23:15 [All] Xpassive: ok ill try the hotkey
23:21 [All] Xpassive: didnt work :p
23:23 [All] Xpassive: wtf
23:32 [All] simmy: fine then ill try
23:42 [All] simmy: but if you win.... il be mad
23:46 [All] Xpassive: ok

*facepalm*
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Chrss
Wow, necro much?

This is worthy of a necro because of BlackDeaths post
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Zerglor
Wow, necro much?

This is worthy of a necro because of BlackDeaths post

Yeah. Now all we need is a sticky. I love when this is bumped
Reply Quote
lol.... the void? How much food did they have in that command center?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]