StarCraft® II

Facebook Friend-finder Removed

Community Manager
Facebook recently changed their API usage policy and decided to prevent third-party games like StarCraft II from utilizing their network to make social connections. Because of that, we removed the Facebook friend-finder feature from StarCraft II in patch 1.5.4.

While the changes that Facebook made are out of our control, don’t forget that we’re adding a bunch of cool social features to Heart of the Swarm, such as Clans and Groups. If you have access to the Swarm beta, you can log in and try them out now.

As always, thanks for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II.
Reply Quote
I can't really say that I'm sad about this seeing how I've never actually used it myself :P
Reply Quote
I never got it to work properly anyway, and rarely logon to FB. Oh well, thank you for keeping us in the loop.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update, I don't hold any standards for FB to begin with...I am still looking forward to your clans and group functionality :D
Reply Quote
Less games and people supporting Facebook is better for everyone.
Reply Quote
I remember something on these forums...Rootkit was it? Anyways, someone released all of his personal information because he was friends with another poster on facebook and the "friend" abused that.
Reply Quote
but how will i know if my friends play sc2, I might actually have to ask them and interact with them in real life this seems scary/s
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:23 PMPosted by MtlGuitarist
I can't really say that I'm sad about this seeing how I've never actually used it myself :P

01/16/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Melichor

01/16/2013 08:49 PMPosted by HeReTiC
I'm can't say that I'm too upset to see it gone. It was useful for quickly adding people you knew in real life, but beyond saving a minute or two of your time it wasn't that useful.
Reply Quote
It wasn't really useful for me, I added a bunch of my facebook friends that supposedly had the game and they didn't add me back. So in other words, no real loss here even though it was a good idea in theory that failed to work in practice.
Reply Quote
I know this isn't fully relevant to this particular thread, but does anyone know when the HotS beta will work on Mac? All I've heard in the past was, "January".
Reply Quote
it seems to have been not working for quite a while...soo...

Twitter?
Reply Quote
Oh. Sad. *shrug* Found a grand total of 1 additional Sc2 playing friend with this tool. Thanks for the update though!
Reply Quote
None of my Facebook friends don't play SC2 anymore
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:22 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

I'm can't say that I'm too upset to see it gone. It was useful for quickly adding people you knew in real life, but beyond saving a minute or two of your time it wasn't that useful.
Reply Quote
Whats facebook?
Reply Quote
I liked it. Pretty rude of Facebook to do this though.
Reply Quote
It never worked anyway.
Reply Quote
People use Facebook? After all the evidence of information gathering?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]