StarCraft® II

What's With Plat?

if you FE vs 4gate, as long as you 1gate robo to immortals, and have decent enough FE, you can hold the ramp to your natural, but if you misplace a FF, or misclick a sentry, you will lose, its the same concept as FF ur ramp to hold terran 2rax pushes, but if you don't split up more than a 3rd of his initial push you will die. I've done some cute probe micro vs terran, but really you need to keep your initial scouting probe right outside his base so you can see when he moves out. If you're not paying attention, or he sneaks his guys by ur scouting probe and ur not ready, you WILL die.

LIke someone pointed out, blinkstalk will pwn that strat, mainly cuz it will blink past force fields and focus down the 1 stalker and 1 immortal that you have. DT's also work well, but if you don't do serious economy damage with the first push you will probly die b/c of fast robo he will have a obs out as soon as he sees the threat if he doesn't already.

I'm top8 gold, and honestly i wish i played vs FE opponenets. EVERYONE i play is protoss, (id say 60% toss, and 30% zerg, 10% terran) and EVERYONE 4gates! It gets boring when every game you have to protect a 7 min push.
Edited by bwTerran on 1/21/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 09:54 AMPosted by bwTerran
f you FE vs 4gate, as long as you 1gate robo to immortals, and have decent enough FE, you can hold the ramp to your natural, but if you misplace a FF,
This does not work against 4 gate... You have to gate > robo > gate into Immortals/sentry/zealot and 2-3 stalkers before you can Expand, and that's not considered a FE (fast expansion). Just a normal expansion timing.

If you FE in PvP, unless you meta'd your opponent or he sucks, you will die and lose every time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]