StarCraft® II

Blizzard refusal to maintain game

I just finished yet another game with player 'BACKSTABBER' where once again he harrased and attacked his fellow players violating the rules governing accounts on Blizzard servers. I have complained to Blizzard several times over years and they have yet to act on any of the complaints. 'Backstabber' said he did not fear Blizzard as they have yet to do anything to him or any of his accounts.

Why does Blizzard refuse to act to enforce its own license agreement?

I for one am not buying any more Blizzard products.
Reply Quote
Nobody will miss you.

Shrug it off, it's the internet.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 01:24 PMPosted by MaritimeCom
violating the rules governing accounts on Blizzard servers

no it isnt.
Reply Quote
There really isn't much you can do other then report him. Blizzard will have to handle the rest.
Reply Quote
I have yet to meet a backstabber in my 2000+ of team games. Where is this elusive race of trolls you speak of?
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 01:26 PMPosted by supaflyz
I have yet to meet a backstabber in my 2000+ of team games. Where is this elusive race of trolls you speak of?

I'll keep it simple: they kill you, they don't kill them.
There aren't that many, but there pretty nasty.
Edited by VIPER on 1/7/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
refuse? I dont know if that is the right word... more like turning a blind eye or keeping it low on the priority list.

please report the player. please note that 1 report for this kind of offense is not going to get fast action. This person needs to backstab several people and several people must report it before real action is taken. All you can do is help complie a body of evidence through reporting.

You posting on the forums and giving his name is the exact attention he is looking for.
Reply Quote
Prearranged teams.
Reply Quote
It is pretty hard for anyone to ignore their own mechanism for complaining if it shows up on their own forum. Making public complaints is the most effective means of shaming corporation into compliance with their own publically stated claims of fairness and maintenance.

'BACKSTABBER' may be able to get his petty feelings encouraged from thumbing his nose at Blizzard's lack of due diligence - but by no means should we let Blizzard off the hook.

Blizzard will be at comic con again this year - we need to put the hard questions to them in public and ask them why after years of asking to enforce their own license they refuse to live up to their obligations to those buying their products.

Bad companies need to be outted in public.
Reply Quote
That was a reply to HONEYBLUNT but like everything else Blizzard creates - it didn't work.
Reply Quote
It is pretty hard for anyone to ignore their own mechanism for complaining if it shows up on their own forum. Making public complaints is the most effective means of shaming corporation into compliance with their own publically stated claims of fairness and maintenance.

Problem is the only thing Blizz will act on is publicly outing someone like 'backstabber' by you, and not his actions against you in game.

Many companies are like this and as long as folk keep paying for their service, no change will come about.
Reply Quote
Bye
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's an issue that we take seriously, along with smurfing, botting, etc.

There are some good ideas floating around for dealing with it more directly from the standpoint of the game service.

I've personally never encountered a random teammate that didn't play roughly as I expected.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Fonzy
Prearranged teams

/thread
Reply Quote
How many meanings does the term "smurfing" have these days? It seems it's used in so many ways that I'm not even sure what it means anymore.
Reply Quote
[KAIVAX] "Roughly" ... Good word if you don't want to say roughly anything with a meaning. Are we supposed to guess what you are actually saying here? Don't fudge comments - say what you mean.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Kaivax
I've personally never encountered a random teammate that didn't play roughly as I expected

Per chance your expectations are lower than the poster of this thread.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 03:06 PMPosted by MaritimeCom
[KAIVAX] "Roughly" ... Good word if you don't want to say roughly anything with a meaning. Are we supposed to guess what you are actually saying here? Don't fudge comments - say what you mean.

He meant what he said and said what he meant.
And Kaivax is faithful 100%.
Reply Quote
Don't do randoms. How many times per month must I say this?
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Inglorious
How many meanings does the term "smurfing" have these days? It seems it's used in so many ways that I'm not even sure what it means anymore.

1, it has only 1. Anyone not using it to discribe a high league player tanking their MMR so they can troll low leaguers is using it wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]