StarCraft® II

AntigaShipyard 1.5.3 Balance v2.0 Discussion

Community Manager
Update 1:00 p.m. January 15, 2013 -- The change below is now live in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

We’ve just published a new version of the Antiga Shipyard balance test map to the custom games list under the name (4)AntigaShipyard (1.5.3 Balance v2.0). Please help us test the following change so that we can make another small update to Wings of Liberty balance:

Zerg

Infested Terrans no longer gain weapon and armor upgrades.

We’re looking for feedback on this change that is based on playtesting. After you’ve had a chance to thoroughly test it, please join us in this discussion thread.
Edited by Kaivax on 1/15/2013 1:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you Kaivax! This makes discussion about the new patch so much more accessible! I truly appreciate the amount of effort that you've done to help make these communities that much more special.
Edited by VIPER on 1/11/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think a good way for Blizz to attract players towards playing on balance test maps is to give them incentive. People usually aren't willing to play on a custom map that doesn't immediately benefit them on ladder and ALSO possibly nerfs their race. Like a few extra ladder points (specifically for the race getting nerfed) or something like that. Maybe an achievement.
Reply Quote
all you have to do is make the other races anticaster units better at their job vs the infestor and more viable all round.

if you are looking for feedback look at the high templar. :l
Reply Quote
Okay so infestors have been nerfed yet again, so now you need to buff another zerg unit so we can deal with protoss air deathballs. That probably won't happen though because protoss will cry more and we'll just receive further nerfs lol. Oh well, 11 real life friends are switching to terran or protoss in hots, and 4 are quitting the game until balance has been reached, so gratz blizzard!
Reply Quote
Not that I have been in SC2 much lately but I don't see zergs doing very well if the infestor is nerfed without some other zerg unit or units getting buffed to fix the reasons the infestor has to be OP in the first place.

This post has inspired one thing though. I am going to start playing some SC2 again. Yay. I have been stuck in FTL, Borderlands2 and Forge lately... (And others... perhaps I was just victim of christmas and Steam Sale...)

So there is success in that sense anyways. For the record I am not a fan of the infestor... I think the neural parasite thing is OP when working properly and near useless as it works now in MP games... I think fungal is a lazy fix to a race that has obvious design flaws in various match ups and infested marines are pretty ridiculous but without the infestor I think there are many games where even played by pros the zerg would not be competitive. Not in my games... I can have 15 infestors and still lose no problem. I can also win by using three I was luckily paying attention too at the exact right time...

That is not say balance is really all that off in WoL. Its not bad right now. I don't think so anyways... I still find Terran the hardest to play but I haven't played in probably a month or so... I want to say the game plays too fast in MP because Macro is always better than Micro and the speed of the game can be a primary determinant of that but who knows. I will try some more games and see how it goes.
Reply Quote
i think infestor are a good unit but zerg have late game units ?
roachs too supply
ling so weak
hydras so weak
broodlords needs infestors
ultras is not usefull against protos units zealots with charge are good counter
then i think infestor are so cost efficent but that Infested Terrans no longer gain weapon and armor upgrades would be drastic i think that one solution could be infestor always gain weapon and armor upgrades but a reduction of dps currently dps of infested Terrans is 9.3 maybe one reduction of that
Reply Quote
pretty good and fair nerf
Reply Quote
Well, we will see how this change goes. Hopefully, this will stop mass infestor strategies.

By the way, I would like to take a moment and thank Blizzard for their current involvment. You guys have been communicating with us more and voicing your intentions with the community. I am loving this PR move, and I think other players are enjoying it as well. Keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 06:06 PMPosted by NMxTBo
Okay so infestors have been nerfed yet again, so now you need to buff another zerg unit so we can deal with protoss air deathballs. That probably won't happen though because protoss will cry more and we'll just receive further nerfs lol. Oh well, 11 real life friends are switching to terran or protoss in hots, and 4 are quitting the game until balance has been reached, so gratz blizzard!

Hydralisks... Hydra everywhere, i have managed to destroy all protoss air fleet with only hydra. Hydra/zergling works
Reply Quote

Hydralisks... Hydra everywhere, i have managed to destroy all protoss air fleet with only hydra. Hydra/zergling works

Maybe this works in low diamond where protoss are too dumb to make templar or even 3-5 colossi to complement their air fleet. In the real world your hydras melt to storm or lasers. Mass corruptor with some infestors and ling run-bys are what wins for me. Hydras are only really good if you scout 2 stargate and can hit a timing before he gets his T3 tech really going.

In general, I don't see this patch making a HUGE difference, although it will hurt the IT's ability to support your broodlords against stalkers. I rarely upgrade missile attack until after 3/3 melee is done, if even then. Besides using ITs as BL support, they're mostly for worker harass and they'll still be great at that in all match-ups. Hopefully we'll see less infestor vs infestor in ZvZ since they will be substantially squishier against upgraded roach/hydra.
Edited by usNEUX on 1/11/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
This makes Carriers far to strong vs zerg
Reply Quote
Hmmmm, we need a hydralisk buff to compsate for all the infestor nerfs.
Reply Quote
Yes, nerf the zerg to death!!
Yeah, I'm not being sarcastic, kill the zerg! I've switched from zerg and now whenever I actually encounter one I win. Woohoo!
Reply Quote
heard corrupters are good to deal with air
Reply Quote
fantastic change.
Reply Quote
This change is as inspired as the Snipe Nerf!

Really, Have you seen a single infested terran in HOTS lately where that change is already in play? I sure haven't.

I've barely seen infesters.
Edited by Quirriff on 1/11/2013 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
how can anybody be this retarded!!! I am sorry for being bm. but surely somebody from blizzard must be playing other race and they don't know how to deal with infestors.

does zerg player complain about bioball or marines that can kill both air and ground units and they don't even need gas.

what about corruptors getting pickup on my stalkers while its trying to kill the colosi because colosi have too much splash damage.

are they going to buff roach armor and dps so zerg can have a chance of winning late game?

if blizzard will make toss and terran structure weaker so lings can break through them early game we can call it even.

also when are they going to make toss forcefield smaller. seriously!!! 100 roach die from good forcefield.

unbelievable!!!!
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 05:51 AMPosted by MightyThor
does zerg player complain about bioball or marines that can kill both air and ground units and they don't even need gas.

Does this have anything to do with ITs?

what about corruptors getting pickup on my stalkers while its trying to kill the colosi because colosi have too much splash damage.

Kinda designed that way, and maybe ITs could have a little relevance, but not this patch.

are they going to buff roach armor and dps so zerg can have a chance of winning late game?

It would have to be an upgrade if they did this... btw, Roaches =/= ITs.

if blizzard will make toss and terran structure weaker so lings can break through them early game we can call it even.

Do you honestly want to play like that? And again, what does it have to do directly with this patch?

also when are they going to make toss forcefield smaller. seriously!!! 100 roach die from good forcefield.

IT's =/= Roaches, again.

Tell me how this patch has anything of substance to do directly with any of those -- otherwise, those are irrelevant to this thread, valid or not. Yes, I know, ITs have to do with some of the stuff, but does this patch in particular?
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 1/12/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why not just remove infestors from the game? Or Zerg?

What you didn't notice is that players have been getting FAR fewer infestors due to the previous patch - this one will negate their use almost completely.

So we're back to mass roach or die trying - how exciting.......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]