StarCraft® II

AntigaShipyard 1.5.3 Balance v2.0 Discussion

BTW: I'm not a zerg who it qq'ing - I play all 3 races, but these patches are making Zerg d*mn-near impossible...

And as for Antiga - it was never a good map and needs to be retired. (Terran win rates were consistently near 60%)

1v1

Silver

sorry brah blizzard doesn't balance for silver zerg players.
Reply Quote
This might be a PvZ fix, but it does NOTHING for TvZ which is the most imbalanced matchup currently.

Infested terrans are not the big issue in TvZ, and the upgrades won't affect it because infested terrans use missile attacks as opposed to melee. Infestor-ling won't get missile attacks.

they are for mech, or if you stay alive for it skyterran.
Reply Quote
A better approach to balance would be to promote an alternative strategy for Zerg before nerfing the Infestor. If the alternate strategy starts working, only then should you nerf the Infestor. For example. Buff Ultralisk base damage to 30, but keep their anti-armor damage at 40 (30+10). This will allow Zerg to pressure Protoss on the ground in a new way, so that they might be encouraged to mass Ultralisks at some point instead of Infestors. Currently it takes far too long for Ultralisks to kill Zealots for them to be meaningful in any way.

Furthermore, altering Zerg's late game anti-air could create situations in which they cannot stop certain Protoss armies. I think Zerg should have something that can match up to the Protoss death ball. There shouldn't be a clock, such that when it expires the Protoss automatically win.

oh god.

Nerf zerg by.... BUFFING ZERG!!!!

Uh you do realize the EXACT OPPOSITE is the case in pvz right.....? The clock is the greator spire, and once it expires protoss is dead.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:30 PMPosted by IndigO
Can we please have the test not on Antiga?

Part of the problem is that Antiga has the closest win rates. This makes it LOOK, like a good testing map.

However, a map with even win-rates is a good testing map IF AND ONLY IF the win rates for other maps are skewed in multiple directions on other maps.

Since the skew is that Zerg have the advantage on all other maps, Antiga is actually the worst map to balance test on because it will always suggest that a nerf to Zerg or a buff to Terran/Protoss does more to even out the win rates than it actually does. A nerf that actually balances Zerg on average for other maps will give the impression that it goes too far if you only look at Antiga.
Reply Quote
This will *still* not discourage massive infestor-based armies.

If you want to nerf Infested Terrans, just reduce the range at which you can cast Infested Terran eggs.

This will make it so that your infestors have to be exposed to enemy fire to create gigantic infested terran insta-armies, encourage better positioning, discourage massive infestor armies, and encourage burrow-based micro.
Reply Quote
So Blizzard is nerfing IT and this is why you should stop making mass infestors??i feel like doing more so they can be as good as before... was really that hard makng them 3 supply instead 2? that means ppl would use 14 infestors instead the 21 that everyone uses
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Zaguaiio
So Blizzard is nerfing IT and this is why you should stop making mass infestors??i feel like doing more so they can be as good as before... was really that hard makng them 3 supply instead 2? that means ppl would use 14 infestors instead the 21 that everyone uses

Infestors have two niche roles:
-Additional anti-air support.
-Snaring units so that other Zerg units can catch them and attack them.

Infestors are massed because their abilities are strong enough that they are extremely useful outside of these two roles.
-Infested Terran kill everything.
-Fungal does enough damage to kill or severely weaken many units on its own.

If you nerf the damage on both abilities, Infestors will no longer be massed. They will be used for their intended roles, and always be supplemented by other units.
Reply Quote
I have a question:

Is Blizzard watching all the replays that take place on the map that have Infestors?
Reply Quote
how can anybody be this retarded!!! I am sorry for being bm. but surely somebody from blizzard must be playing other race and they don't know how to deal with infestors.

does zerg player complain about bioball or marines that can kill both air and ground units and they don't even need gas.

what about corruptors getting pickup on my stalkers while its trying to kill the colosi because colosi have too much splash damage.

are they going to buff roach armor and dps so zerg can have a chance of winning late game?

if blizzard will make toss and terran structure weaker so lings can break through them early game we can call it even.

also when are they going to make toss forcefield smaller. seriously!!! 100 roach die from good forcefield.

unbelievable!!!!

if your maxed on roachs you allrdy lost buddie
Reply Quote
i wish people would actually play the damn balance map instead of saying crap like "well i dont play sc anymore, but heres the reasons why i like to hear the sound of my own voice"

and

"im really stupid, and im bad at this game, so i'll whine about generic balance issues that don't have anything to do with the actual unit nerf in question"...

well from playing zerg on this map, i don't use infesters too much so i didn't really notice the IT difference, but to be fair i dont spam festers, unless im sniping AA or eggbombing, i hardly have more than 5~6 infesters on the field so personally i haven't noticed much of a difference.

I noticed my fester bombs took longer to take down bases, but overall as long as people weren't too dependant on festers to begin with it won't make much of a difference.

Now for the ppl who actually do spam eggs, i can see it being less useful, but TBH i think that's a good thing.
Reply Quote
BTW: I'm not a zerg who it qq'ing - I play all 3 races, but these patches are making Zerg d*mn-near impossible...

And as for Antiga - it was never a good map and needs to be retired. (Terran win rates were consistently near 60%)

1v1

Silver

sorry brah blizzard doesn't balance for silver zerg players.

you know, i agree with your idea that the person who said that qoute had no idea about what they were talking about, but i hate your attitude. as if you have no right to an opinion unless you're masters league.

I understood all the concepts that i can execute when i was in bronze league, i just never had the time to devote to taking theory and putting it into practice.

So you basically are saying that because someone doesn't have as much time as you to devote to a game, that they are automatically inferior to you in every way shape or form, because ... hey the noob is in silver league LOL QQ NOOB.

seriously, people like you deserve to be taken outside and shot.
Reply Quote
I quit using infested terrans after the last nerf. IMO, the last nerf made infested terrans worthless for combat situations (still *kinda* useful for mineral harass). Fungal isn't what it used to be either. For these two reasons I don't use the infestor anymore, period.

I can't help but feel that Zerg is nothing but frustrating to play anymore. Terran and Protoss have a plethora of fun toys that make the game enjoyable for them. Zerg is the race that has to deal with those "fun" toys being used against them, without having any fun toys of their own that they can return the favor. Ergo, its frustrating.

Terran gets stim+micro (fun), zerg gets injects (not fun). Terran gets cloaked units that can call down nuclear missiles (fun), zerg gets to spread creep (not fun). Protoss gets a unit that can teleport (fun), zerg gets units that die to 1 storm (not fun).

See what I mean? The infestor was one of the FEW ways Zerg could return the favor, using Fungal and Infested Terran harass. Nowadays infestors are just a waste of money.
Edited by tBz on 1/15/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:50 PMPosted by TakeDown
heard corrupters are good to deal with air

Heard Void Rays hard counter Corruptors.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Update 1:00 p.m. January 15, 2013 -- The change outlined above is now live in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
Edited by Kaivax on 1/15/2013 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Kaivax
Update 1:00 p.m. January 15, 2013 -- The change outlined above is now live in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

Interesting changes, in this case now that is has happened I feel that zerg really dousn't have viable answer vs mass air of protoss. Maybe buff hydras?
Reply Quote
so...did you guys change the spawns?
Reply Quote
THX i love the new changes as a Zerg player i will 100% win more now since i don't have to play TvT anymore(ZVZ). Also disabling comments under the news is so good. Just funny that they don't want people to say the truth everybody knows that they !@#$ed up hard...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/15/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Midday
so...did you guys change the spawns?

As of today, starting locations on Antiga Shipyard will be locked to cross-positions only, and Entombed Valley will allow players to spawn only in vertical and cross-positions.

Also, the Antiga Shipyard change is also live in the Heart of the Swarm beta.
Edited by Aldrexus on 1/15/2013 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
sick, thanks!@
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]