StarCraft® II

Rank 1 silver. How to get gold?

I'm a rank 1 silver currently winning around 8/10 percentage of my games. How long would it take to rank up? How many games? Would it take a long time if I just played about 3-4 games a day?
Reply Quote
Depending on your MMR and how much you win after said 8/10 win ratio you can get promoted within 1-2 weeks if you keep a .8% ratio. Signs of such promotion include playing gold league players and top silver players. Once you top out at an MMR of .5% or "Ratio" then you will be promoted. Assuming you can consistently sustain .5% status while playing top silvers and low gold players. Hope this helped!
Reply Quote
The game doesn't promote instantly. If you get a good win-loss ratio, it'll pit you against stronger players. The idea is to figure out where you ought to be, then put you there, rather than constantly shuffling players among the various leagues.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Moritsuna
I'm a rank 1 silver currently winning around 8/10 percentage of my games. How long would it take to rank up? How many games? Would it take a long time if I just played about 3-4 games a day?

guy you played like 3 1on1s. thats the last 1n1 you have played. and they are a long time ago. you troll ?
Reply Quote
So it is never determined how long it takes to reach Gold? They decide when to promote you? That sucks a lot. I have over 100 wins and losses but still kicking but, am over 800 points and still not gold. I don't get it anymore ~_~
Reply Quote
I was stuck at rank 1 silver in 2vs2 for a long time. I got promoted to gold near the end of last season, and after being placed in silver again this season, got promoted pretty quickly once I got rid of rust.

I will say the jump from silver to gold is quite substantial and I probably lose more than I win now, but I destroy silver players. I think the game makes sure you are competitive with the average gold player instead of being able to beat high silver/low gold consistantly.

Once you are good enough, it'll bump you up. Keep improving (watch the pros who stream. It helps a lot)
Reply Quote
Just play some games. If you really belong in gold, you will get promoted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]