StarCraft® II

Less Than 2 months

And we still have not gotten any new information on The Heart of The Swarm Campaign. As far as I know, the last update we got was back in October of 2011. So I was wondering Blizzard, when will we get some new info?
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Wolverine
And we still have not gotten any new information on The Heart of The Swarm Campaign. As far as I know, the last update we got was back in October of 2011. So I was wondering Blizzard, when will we get some new info?

It's not likely we will until maybe less than a week before release day. I think Blizzard thinks if they release any more info it'd spoil the story.
Reply Quote
what kind of info would you like to read? hots campaign is already complete, that's all we need to know
Reply Quote
Hmmm, I think maybe it's because I am impatient and would like some new info to tide me over till March 12. But we just have not heard anything since Blizzcon 2011. So has anything changed? If so, what has? I just kind of feel in the dark a bit. I'd assume eventually another trailer, maybe show us a preview on one of the gene split missions. Idk, i just want something!!! :)
Edited by Wolverine on 1/14/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Wolverine
Hmmm, I think maybe it's because I am impatient and would like some new info to tide me over till March 12. But we just have not heard anything since Blizzcon 2011. So has anything changed? If so, what has? I just kind of feel in the dark a bit. I'd assume eventually another trailer, maybe show us a preview on one of the gene split missions. Idk, i just want something!!! :)

If they're going to give us more, it'd probably be multiplayer only. I doubt we'd get any more single player info until a week before release.
Reply Quote
There's really nothing else to know about the campaign. We know the background information leading up to the plot. We know it is completed. What else do you want?

Just wait till March, play though it and you'll have all the information you need.
Reply Quote
If you really wanna know what happens next, you might wanna buy the official novel <Flash point>
Reply Quote
I wouldn't object to be shown an employee playing through the first mission, showing the intro cinematic and ending cinematic of said mission. I think we can all agree that would hardly be a major spoiler.
Reply Quote
Exactly Justin. That is really all I am asking for is a little teaser before release. Zikkio, I have read Flashpoint and it was awesome. Way better than I had expected it to be. Flashpoint is a major reason for my impatience lol. Worst case scenario is I have to wait. :)
Edited by Wolverine on 1/17/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Wolverine
Exactly Justin. That is really all I am asking for is a little teaser before release. Zikkio, I have read Flashpoint and it was awesome. Way better than I had expected it to be. Flashpoint is a major reason for my impatience lol. Worst case scenario is I have to wait. :)

Yeah I read Flashpoint too and expected HotS to be out soon, but 4 months after Flashpoint's release seemed too long.

Even so, when it comes to an employee playing the 1st HotS mission, Blizzard could say "hey you guys have waited 2 and a half years already and haven't snapped, what's the harm in waiting a few more weeks longer?"
Reply Quote
Well, I got what I wanted all along. An intro cinematic and a gameplay video. Watch the intro cinematic. One of there better cinematics I have seen by blizzard. Super stoked for this game now!!! Time to play the original and WOL again. THANKS BLIZZARD!!!
Reply Quote
No news is usually good news.

I think Blizzard now is just gonna heighten the anticipation further which will generate more suspense.

At this point, the game is so close, I doubt we will see anything breathe-taking, the game will speak for itself, I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
No news is usually good news.

I think Blizzard now is just gonna heighten the anticipation further which will generate more suspense.

At this point, the game is so close, I doubt we will see anything breathe-taking, the game will speak for itself, I could be wrong.

No news as good news? I think not. For example, after HotS comes out and we're waiting for LotV. Then 4 years later, we still don't have the slightest bit of news on it, single or multiplayer. You think that counts as a good thing?
Reply Quote
Didn't the finish the campaign ages ago and are only holding up the game for balance tweaking?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Skar
Didn't the finish the campaign ages ago and are only holding up the game for balance tweaking?

see this is the problem. This is exactly why I don't have much hopes about the story, seems blizzard is basing it off the assumption that everyone is going to buy HotS ONLY for the multiplayer.
Reply Quote
see this is the problem. This is exactly why I don't have much hopes about the story, seems blizzard is basing it off the assumption that everyone is going to buy HotS ONLY for the multiplayer.

To be fair I hate the multiplayer and prefer the campaigns and story. That puts me (like you) in the huge minority when it comes to SC2. There is such a large esport following that our hopes and desires for the game must give way to what the majority want of the game.

Long after you and I have given up playing it they will ocntinue to obsess over every minute detail.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Skar

To be fair I hate the multiplayer and prefer the campaigns and story. That puts me (like you) in the huge minority when it comes to SC2. There is such a large esport following that our hopes and desires for the game must give way to what the majority want of the game.

Long after you and I have given up playing it they will ocntinue to obsess over every minute detail.

I'm with you guys on this. I do play some multiplayer, but I enjoy the story/lore more. Grew up playing SC1 and Brood War. It was phenomenal at the time. I just want HOTS to live up to that epicness I felt as a kid. WOL was good, but not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.
Edited by Wolverine on 1/24/2013 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Wolverine

I'm with you guys on this. I do play some multiplayer, but I enjoy the story/lore more. Grew up playing SC1 and Brood War. It was phenomenal at the time. I just want HOTS to live up to that epicness I felt as a kid. WOL was good, but not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.

Same here, I'm only in it for the story, but it seems Blizzard's mentality is "If you didn't buy HotS for the multiplayer, there was no point to buying the game at all."
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:54 PMPosted by ragnarok

It's not likely we will until maybe less than a week before release day. I think Blizzard thinks if they release any more info it'd spoil the story.

Personally I hope they don't release any new info. I'm like a fly to dead stuff when it comes to spoilers. As soon as they hit, I'm all over them, despite telling myself "Not this time, it'll ruin the story."
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Zenzeri

Personally I hope they don't release any new info. I'm like a fly to dead stuff when it comes to spoilers. As soon as they hit, I'm all over them, despite telling myself "Not this time, it'll ruin the story."

Maybe, I guess the lack of info is the reason why I'm still pessimistic about the whole story, believe there's no actual storyline to HotS, it's all just "Kill, Kill, Kill".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]