Unable to download authentication moduleHelp!

(Locked)

I'm having this issue. I managed to login SEA server without any problems but failed to connect to US server. I have tried multiple methods listed here. any update please? I'm from Hong Kong.
How do change the server you are login to? i don't seem to have the option
It is for the Sea version of the game. When it got released in Australia we weren't allow to play with US.
i've been having the same problem but the weird thing is i can download content in the morning, but not in the afternoon , Regardless of which DNS i use, i have tried 5 public ones including 'Google' and 'Open DNS' - whats even weirder is the route in the morning does not change, it still goes through 12.122.254.234 in the morning only difference is hop 16 actually respond where as it still times out for 17 - 30 (for some changing your DNS to Google DNS will work, as it worked for my friend; but it will not work for everyone).

UPDATE: seems the secondary Google DNS works for a lot more people (8.8.4.4),
found by netsky, how to configure can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393109275?page=9#171%29

this seems to be all related to blizzards latest patch and not ISP's - as nothing has changed from the ISP's end , not to mention the same route works in the morning, blizzard needs to stop playing point the finger and fix this .

my friends play in the afternoon and i can only play with them if i have already download the map/updated because of this inconsistency from blizzards content servers.

Just to note all other blizzard servers work for me , i can still log into Starcraft 2 in the afternoon i just cant download ANYTHING as its a problem with JUST the 1 server , and every other server works for me.

which brings me to the point - the download as u go along system is TRASH for this very reason, though it would be fine if i could just click a button and download all updates so i don't have to care about the content server in the afternoon and can just play what i want but no i have to go through manually and click every single map to download the content; multi-download needs to be implemented - also if download server does not work i should be able to update from a friend if i am in a party (i.e. P2P).

also i do have a solution to this problem, there are 4 auth files in your "Blizzard Entertainment" Folder i can upload them shortly, it will allow u to log into starcraft 2 , however it may or may not allow you to download the maps (i.e. play stuff u dont have) you can however play campaign , in addition to which if anyone has all the updated content from arcade/blizzard maps and uploads their "Blizzard Entertainment" folder anyone here can then copy it to over their folder and play whatever maps are up to date, as annoying as this is it will work but take quite a bit of time as the "Blizzard Entertainment" folder can become quite large (up to 2gb+) meaning it will take a bit of time to both upload/download

UPDATE: here is the link to the authenticator files
http://www.mediafire.com/?qrj2xqrpvxwmk1x
they need to be placed in 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net' , and merge the folders for win 7/8 (it is already in the correct structure) for winXP you need to place the files in the correct structure as in the zip by pasting it to the correct location ( do not overwrite your cache folder)

UPDATE: to play customs and ladder
so i have finished uploading the folder, links are as follow -

800 mb part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ezy2zuspme7kbbk

757 mb part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qa16ad8p5vw21og

total zipped size is 1.55 gb , unzipped should be about 1.84 gb

might need 7zip (had to use this format as it drastically reduced size) extractor
download here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/75827792

i am not sure if all parts uploaded correctly (u need both before it will unzip) , if any of the parts is corrupted tell me and i will re upload that part

make sure to make a backup of your own "Blizzard Entertainment" folder before replacing it with this one("C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment" for windows 7).

UPDATE: new Blizzard Folder - current as of 25/01/2013
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/24/2013 8:18 PM PST
@DarkCrescent

I did this and it said I was replacing my original files so it didn't work for me.
Edited by Chimera on 1/20/2013 9:51 PM PST
do u have win 7 or xp ?, also if it says that u can manually copy the auth files into place and replace them if prompted
(before replacing any folders its always a good idea to make a backup)

i.e. unzip to a new folder then:

Copy folder 'b2'
From 'Cache\36\' To 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\36\'

Copy folder '68'
From 'Cache\41\' To 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\41\'

Copy folder '52'
From 'Cache\8f\' To 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\8f\'

Copy folder 'e4'
From 'Cache\bf\' To 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\bf\'

u don't want to replace the 'Cache' folder but u can replace the auth file folders(ones above)

i've only tested it on 2 accounts so it might not work for everyone , if manually copying them doesn't work please tell me, thanks
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/21/2013 12:00 AM PST
can't play it on my old computer either now the profile isn't blank but can't join or host games.
yep, same problem, they were trying to fix it, but as they can't solve it, the techs all ran away....
@DarkCrescent

Sorry, what I meant was that I could log in without the "Unable to download authentication module" message but it didn't fix the error where I can't play some arcade maps. This should fix the log in problem for others still trying to get passed that however the missing arcade maps bug will still remain. I'm running on Windows 7 and have the Google DNS set up.

Also, does anyone else have problems with match history either saying 'undefined' (most likely due to the map not being recognized) or when hovering over a match with a recognized map it would say 'unable to find match entry' all the time?

Edit: I will also see tomorrow if downloading the newest updates for custom games is available only in the morning.
Edited by Chimera on 1/21/2013 4:12 AM PST
exactly my problem. had the "unable to download authentication module" several times, but after several reinstalls and even downloading the SEA client (which didn't work), somehow the US lets me in again, but i don't have a profile picture, i can't play ladder or custom games, and my match histories are on undefined maps as well.

my sc2 account is made in canada but i'm playing in hong kong right now
my friend tried my account back in canada and everything is working fine
but here in hong kong, it's not working
@DarkCrescent
Nice idea!
I did the same thing today, using... my tablet pc.
I installed SC2 on it and could start the game, login, download a custom map and enter a game.

Of course, my tablet pc is very slow so it's not a gaming workaround, just a proof that the issue is not necessarily due to network issues - or maybe way more complex than it appears.

I then copied the Blizzard Entertainment folder to my desktop computer and could log into SC2 as well. However, I couldn't download any new custom map or join a quickmatch.
When I tried, I'd get an error message saying something like "unable to download content".
(note that I could still chat with people though).

So I think there is something on my Windows 7 + SC2 install that is breaking the game's ability to download contents.

Btw, it's not only SC2. I have the same kind of issue on D3, where it's impossible to login.
(I didn't try the "Blizzard Entertainment" folder swap though).

I hope it helps.

Quote: DarkCrescent
i've been having the same problem but the weird thing is i can download content in the morning, but not in the afternoon , Regardless of which DNS i use, i have tried 5 public ones including 'Google' and 'Open DNS' - whats even weirder is the route in the morning does not change, it still goes through 12.122.254.234 in the morning only difference is hop 16 actually respond where as it still times out for 17 - 30 (for some changing your DNS to Google DNS will work, as it worked for my friend; but it will not work for everyone).

this seems to be all related to blizzards latest patch and not ISP's - as nothing has changed from the ISP's end , not to mention the same route works in the morning, blizzard needs to stop playing point the finger and fix this .

my friends play in the afternoon and i can only play with them if i have already download the map/updated because of this inconsistency from blizzards content servers.

Just to note all other blizzard servers work for me , i can still log into Starcraft 2 in the afternoon i just cant download ANYTHING as its a problem with JUST the 1 server , and every other server works for me.

which brings me to the point - the download as u go along system is TRASH for this very reason, though it would be fine if i could just click a button and download all updates so i don't have to care about the content server in the afternoon and can just play what i want but no i have to go through manually and click every single map to download the content; multi-download needs to be implemented - also if download server does not work i should be able to update from a friend if i am in a party (i.e. P2P).

also i do have a solution to this problem, there are 4 auth files in your "Blizzard Entertainment" Folder i can upload them shortly, it will allow u to log into starcraft 2 , however it may or may not allow you to download the maps (i.e. play stuff u dont have) you can however play campaign , in addition to which if anyone has all the updated content from arcade/blizzard maps and uploads their "Blizzard Entertainment" folder anyone here can then copy it to over their folder and play whatever maps are up to date, as annoying as this is it will work but take quite a bit of time as the "Blizzard Entertainment" folder can become quite large (up to 2gb+) meaning it will take a bit of time to both upload/download

UPDATE: here is the link to the authenticator files
http://www.mediafire.com/?qrj2xqrpvxwmk1x
they need to be placed in 'C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net' , and merge the folders for win 7/8 (it is already in the correct structure) for winXP you need to place the files in the correct structure as in the zip by pasting it to the correct location ( do not overwrite your cache folder)
Edited by Kayhadrin on 1/21/2013 7:20 AM PST
@Chimera
yea the auth files aren't meant to fix that, that's a problem with Blizzard's content server only they can solve, i was going to upload another folder which contained all the up to date content i have (i have all blizzard maps upto date so i can ffa 1v1 etc), so everyone can at least play the game to some extent, and also i have the top 35 arcade games + some others like barcraft up to date (still is checked today), the upload should be done soon in an hour ~ , then you can try downloading that and see what works and whether its enough for us to get by until they fix the problem (it is a 1.08 gb zip split into 5 files though so may take a bit to download)

@Kayhadrin
yea its really weird, hopefully when my folder upload is finished you and others can play the majority of arcade games , and all Versus (since i have all the blizz maps up to date).

i'll look further into what the differences are between my laptop and the current computer im on etc - when i get a bit more time see if i can pinpoint what in windows is causing it. or whether its the way it talks to blizz servers etc and see what happens
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/21/2013 7:38 PM PST
@DarkCrescent

Ahh ok, thank you very much for helping us out, the updated content in the Blizzard Entertainment folder should work for the time being.

I checked to see if I could download stuff in the morning too but it didn't work for me. Very weird stuff indeed.
Edited by Chimera on 1/21/2013 7:08 PM PST
so i have finished uploading the folder, links are as follow -

800 mb part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ezy2zuspme7kbbk

757 mb part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qa16ad8p5vw21og

total zipped size is 1.55 gb , unzipped should be about 1.84 gb

might need 7zip (had to use this format as it drastically reduced size) extractor
download here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/75827792

i am not sure if all parts uploaded correctly (u need both before it will unzip) , if any of the parts is corrupted tell me and i will re upload that part

make sure to make a backup of your own "Blizzard Entertainment" folder before replacing it with this one("C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment" for windows 7).

UPDATE: new Blizzard Folder - current as of 25/01/2013
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/24/2013 8:10 PM PST
Downloading all of these at the same time right now, should all be finished within a bit after an hour or so. I'll tell you whether it works or not soon.

Well I downloaded the files now I'm just having trouble with opening them. The first download came out as a ZIP(3) File that was recognized by my software (which is jZip). The others are type '002' to '006'. When I open them on the browser it pops with the 'windows can't open this file' message so I manually opened them with jZip but when I click add it says 'Incorrect command line parameters' so it remains zipped. I've extracted them to another folder for the time being, any help would be appreciated TY.
Edited by Chimera on 1/21/2013 8:57 PM PST
@chimera , all you should need to do is unzip the first file 'zip(3)' and it should unzip the rest
automatically into a single "Blizzard Entertainment" Folder that is 1.2gb as they are split zip archives. (1 zip file that has been split into parts so i can upload it)
- make sure there all in the same folder or it won't detect the other parts

if that doesn't work u can try using 7zip as that is what i split them with - i have tested the split files on my hard drive there is nothing wrong with them - possibly one of the uploaded files is corrupt , the error should tell u which one

once extracted just backup your "Blizzard Entertainment" folder and replace it with the unzipped one
Edited by DarkCrescent on 1/21/2013 9:21 PM PST
I changed to 7-Zip and I'm receiving a similar problem where when I try to open it, it says 'Incorrect command line'. I've already extracted them all into the same folder, this is what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/Da7iOfU.png
I am having the exact same issue here. =.=; stupid patch......
@chimera

in that image its still zipped, whats the command line error ? can u image that
Sorry, I had to go AFK a bit, here are the images.

http://i.imgur.com/awUcBjy.png - After right clicking the file selecting 'open'.

http://i.imgur.com/mU5Q7yF.png - Error message.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]