StarCraft® II

Ladder Question

Hey, quick question.

I know how the ladder system works, and how you get promoted and such.
Recently I was in bronze league, and after being in the top of my division for a while, i was of course, matched up against some silver leagers... which eventually lead to my promotion..
My quesiton is this: i have been at the TOP of my silver league now for around 4 days, playing like 5 or 6 games a day. When will i be matched up against gold leagers? does being at the top of your league NOT constitute matching you up with higher league players? I thought that was the whole concept. Every game I play i am still being matched up against silver / sometimes even bronze leagers... Mind you I am winning 80 percent of my games too
Reply Quote
You'll be playing golds when you're mmr gets up a bit more (I know, not what you want to hear but that's how it is). Being at the top of your division usually means nothing more than you've played more games than the others in your division. It doesn't mean that once you get to the top ranks you'll start playing people from the next league (although there is obviously a correlation between the two - you play more games -> you get better -> you face harder opponents). If you really have an 80% win rate and aren't losing games to bronzies (that really sets you back for advancement), you'll probably be hitting golds soon.

tl;dr - Keep up that win percentage and you should start facing golds fairly soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]