StarCraft® II

I would rather have lurkers.

I also think that the Swarm Host just needs a few tweaks, and it will be perfect.

I would personally like a little more health, a little less DPS, and a slightly faster spawn rate, I think this would enable it to reward micro more (as in unburrowing and reburrowing faster, since the locusts come out quicker).

This game played by Reketan makes Swarm Hosts look awesome, truly able to contain and punish a turtling Protoss player, do you know how long I have waited to be able to actually punish a Protoss player that wants to turtle to a deathball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hzI4yrJUw-E#t=660s

Look at that beauty, not only does it require high apm to use effectively, it is pulling the Protoss ball in every which direction, and taking losses everytime, small losses, but losses.

I for one cannot wait to be able to actually dictate the pace offensively in a ZvP, so no, I would rather NOT have Lurkers.

Although I like his trick of keeping Overlords on follow and 'Poop Creep', that game is quite a far cry from a typical ZvP, and the Protoss wasn't quite following a, shall we say, 'strong' game plan. The Protoss wasn't upgrading early, went for a 6-Gate other than either Stargate or Robo after FE, and still attempted aggression upon scouting a lack of a third. Rek also mentions that the guy always does the same build on that map.

I'm 68% ZvP right now at high master/GM MMR, and I make swarm host probably 95% of my ZVP. I'll keep casting more till people quit calling them bad! :D
Reply Quote

Although I like his trick of keeping Overlords on follow and 'Poop Creep', that game is quite a far cry from a typical ZvP, and the Protoss wasn't quite following a, shall we say, 'strong' game plan. The Protoss wasn't upgrading early, went for a 6-Gate other than either Stargate or Robo after FE, and still attempted aggression upon scouting a lack of a third. Rek also mentions that the guy always does the same build on that map.

I watched the video and its great use of the SH, without a doubt, and now I'm starting to get a better idea on what unit comps I plan on using with them. 2 questions though to anyone who'd like a crack at them:

1st) For example, in the video with rek, what if the protoss had popped out a few sentries and used great Force Fields? Could that really hinder the efficiency of the locust?

2nd) I feel the SH is really good against toss but how are they against T/Z? I heard vs mech they are still great but other strats don't sound too good and haven't seen much ZvZ HotS to make that judgement.

Regarding Question 1 - Sentries will buy maybe one - two locust spawns, but don't regen energy quickly enough beyond that. Also, due to only having 5 range, sentries are the first to die after the zealots have been cleaned out. Blink stalkers buy time much better as a result.

Question 2 - VS Mech they are fantastic as they pin down the siege tanks and open up your vipers to tons of free damage. They are even better when combined with drop play (hydra/roach drops while the SH pin down terran army at the front door) vs bio they struggle a bit but if you can keep up with their upgrades you will do very well still. Banelings may be needed to support.

VS Z I'm still undecided, sometimes queen/SH/hydra does REALLY well particularly vs muta play. Other times though, it doesn't feel mobile enough.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Geo
it would be nice to have the lurkers attack for choke point control at siege range. Blizz really should notice the demand for the lurker and i dont see the issue on putting htem in. Hell Terrans got the firebat back

They got lurkers too.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply guys, i'll keep improving and watching vids and streams to make better choices (Rekatan stream!) :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]