StarCraft® II

To pool all of our collective RP ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos

because why not?
Reply Quote
I have another idea in mind, but it might be quite difficult to implement, so I'll be leaving it alone till I can make it easier to do RP wise.
Reply Quote
Or you could post it now and get feed back on it.
Reply Quote
Again, I still have so much to organize, but I'll post what I have now.

The setting is back on Earth, on an alternate timeline. The Earth had split due to a massive seismic activity into a massive number of small islands. The humans living there was split between two forces:

The USC (Formerly the Republic of Organized Islands, now the United Space Command) went up against the PFF (Pacific Federation (Forces)) and they were on the verge of losing Earth to them. They had no choice, and fled into space, eventually settling down upon a new planet. The PFF took complete control over Earth, and lived there ever since, with both factions advancing their technology greatly.

USC eventually wished to regain control of Earth, their home planet, and so they began to organize and train a team of expert engineers, infiltrators, hackers, and soldiers for the mission to retake Earth. The Task Force, codename SRU (Spectre Reclamation Unit) was sent to Earth, and the ships they planned to use were somehow destroyed before any troops could be sent down. Escape Pods were launched to the planet, but barely any made it.

The RPers would be the only drop-pods that made it ground-side, and would have to find a way to regroup with one another before the enemy found them and killed them.
Reply Quote
I don't see how that needs more organizing. Seems fine to me as it. Hell, if you started it now, I'd join.
Reply Quote
It seems a little...dare I say "obvious"? A bit lacking in original, but hey, it still sounds pretty good.
Reply Quote
Survival comes in many shapes and sizes, and this is the first survival RP I've seen like this.
Reply Quote
It still isn't completely ready because I need to organize weapons, vehicles, technology, more of the backstory, ect.

Dacder, it is about as obvious as a cloaked DT. This RP will be different, for I still have a lot to do and to work on.
Reply Quote
Woah woah woah, wait before you organize weapons.
I'm not sure about you, or any of you, but when there is a literal 'list' of weapons, it's somewhat of a turn off in the way of an RP. I like the idea of being creative with my weapons, and no matter how large the list would be, it would still be constricting.

I understand that the DM can deny someone weapons if they have problems with them, but it is still allowing more freedom than having a list.

IDK, it's just my thoughts on it. Vehicles and Tech are other things, due to the fact this is your own RP universe.
Reply Quote
I agree. Lists are also a barrier to people who are in a hurry because you have to read the WHOLE BLOODY THING before starting... It has been a long time since I joined an RP with a weapons list. Sorry, it's just I see a list I don't join. It makes char creation (my least favorite step) that much more time-consuming and complicated.
Reply Quote
I meant weapons for the Vehicles, not for the individual. The individual can use whatever they want, but the vehicles need a set of weapons to use.
Reply Quote
Ah, you see, you never specified that.
I would still just simply make them vague, however, for creativity to reign.

That is what Roleplaying is all about, isn't it? Imagination and Creativity?
Reply Quote
Yeah, sorry, I have a habit of being often vague with ideas.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 04:48 AMPosted by KnarledOne
I see a list I don't join.

So you're telling me you didn't join HB because of a list? You understand that we had to constrict it so you weren't using alien weapons, right?
Reply Quote
Can i be an overseer?
Reply Quote
That is pretty much exactly why I didn't join HB. It looked interesting, but I really didn't feel up to reading a list and choosing weapons.
Reply Quote
You only had to read one list, but it's your choice. Just know we put a lot of time and effort into that list.
Reply Quote
That's the problem. The more time and effort you put into it, the less likely I am to read it. More time/effort means more to read means more to choose from... I hate picking out weapons from a list.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:11 PMPosted by KnarledOne
That's the problem. The more time and effort you put into it, the less likely I am to read it. More time/effort means more to read means more to choose from... I hate picking out weapons from a list.

This whole phrase here insults me. I hate something that is just put together sloppily, for without any type of organization or direction, the whole RP goes to hell-in-a-hand-basket in about three pages.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Jester

This whole phrase here insults me. I hate something that is just put together sloppily, for without any type of organization or direction, the whole RP goes to hell-in-a-hand-basket in about three pages.

I agree with Jester. I love... Who did Techsuit warfare again? I wanted to join that so bad because the layout was so cool! I love picking weapons from a list and picking suits and stuff. On the contrary, I hate choosing abilities too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]