StarCraft® II

To pool all of our collective RP ideas...

01/09/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Jester
I hate something that is just put together sloppily, for without any type of organization or direction, the whole RP goes to hell-in-a-hand-basket in about three pages.

"This whole phrase here insults me." I hate something that is completely rigid, for with massive amounts of control people get frustrated and leave the RP in about three pages.

You are implying that people are incapable of making up their own balanced weapons and abilities without someone else telling them exactly what to do. THAT is insulting. Simply provide some basic guidelines. and people will not only be willing to take the time to make up weapons that conform to your guidelines, but will be happy to do so.

I'm sure not everyone shares my opinion exactly (except maybe SB), but this is how I see it. I cannot bring myself to read a long, boring list before I can even determine how my character will function in battle.
Edited by KnarledOne on 1/9/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
That would be Drac who did Techsuit, but he's having account issues currently, so we don't get to see him here for awhile.
Reply Quote
I am implying that more times than not, if you give people free rein to do whatever for abilities and weapons, we'll end up with more Abels, W/E the hell Darkra's race was, and Xer's faction. That's what I try to avoid, and I want the technology scaled to this specific level, otherwise we'll have some person with a friggen Plasma Gun at Terran level technology, which isn't high enough to make man-portable weapons like that.

As for what one person likes, others may not like it. I prefer a more ordered application sheet and some general organization of what is going on. From there, I couldn't give a rat's fanny what the heck happens, just as long as DM knocks everyone around and gets them back in line.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:51 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Simply provide some basic guidelines. and people will not only be willing to take the time to make up weapons that conform to your guidelines, but will be happy to do so.

This. Guidelines, my favorite. All the benefits of lists without the disadvantages. A lot of good threads have gotten a long ways on these. Darkest Heart, Zergling and Zealot, Breakout, and World's End are just a few.
Reply Quote
The Crash, what, we got to 4 or 5 threads? Guidelines.
Reply Quote
Can we please not start such a useless debate?
Reply Quote
It's not a debate, it is a learning experience. :D
Reply Quote
For Jester.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 02:26 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Can we please not start such a useless debate?

This debate is not useless. I am rather enjoying it! *Hands CR popcorn*

I can't spectate such a juicy debate...

---

KO is winning the debate right now, but not necessarily because he is right. I agree with Jester right here:

01/09/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Jester
I am implying that more times than not, if you give people free rein to do whatever for abilities and weapons, we'll end up with more Abels, W/E the hell Darkra's race was, and Xer's faction. That's what I try to avoid, and I want the technology scaled to this specific level, otherwise we'll have some person with a friggen Plasma Gun at Terran level technology, which isn't high enough to make man-portable weapons like that.

01/09/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Jester
As for what one person likes, others may not like it. I prefer a more ordered application sheet and some general organization of what is going on.

---

01/09/2013 01:51 PMPosted by KnarledOne
You are implying that people are incapable of making up their own balanced weapons and abilities without someone else telling them exactly what to do.

KO, most people are incapable of making up their own balanced weapons and abilities without someone else telling them exactly what to do.

You, for example, are one of the unique individuals who can make up their own balanced weapons and abilities, but most people can't.

01/09/2013 02:33 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
It's not a debate, it is a learning experience. :D

It is a debate.

01/09/2013 02:33 PMPosted by KnarledOne
For Jester.

This proves it^^
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 1/9/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
KO, most people are incapable of making up their own balanced weapons and abilities without someone else telling them exactly what to do.

You, for example, are one of the unique individuals who can make up their own balanced weapons and abilities, but most people can't.
I can as well....

This debate is not useless. I am rather enjoying it! *Hands CR popcorn*

I can't spectate such a juicy debate...
*Falcon Kick at Markus's crotch and I grabbed the buttery popped corn and shoved it down his pants*
TOUCHDOWN!
Reply Quote
Draconus had very balanced weapons, units, and abilities.
Nah. But twas fun while it lasted.
Edited by smylez on 1/9/2013 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is this thread just to decide what the next RP should be?
Reply Quote
More like RP-crafting. We're throwing darts at the board and hoping they'll stick.
Reply Quote
If you are too stubborn to accept the fact that there is going to be many limitations in some RPs, then that is your problem, not mine. I haven't learned anything, KO, good try though.
Reply Quote
O_O

I have ze idea?
What if we did a RP based off of the events during SC that involved the Zerg and Tarsonis? That would make for a nice fun little survival/horror RP.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 02:42 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I can as well....

KO is the only one who has flawlessly made everything perfectly balanced, and even is willing to loose battles when everyone know's he wouldn't have lost. Not saying you're not necessarily, just saying that he is the perfect example.

Also, everyone believes they can.

01/09/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Jester
If you are too stubborn to accept the fact that there is going to be many limitations in some RPs, then that is your problem, not mine. I haven't learned anything, KO, good try though.

This was your falling point, Jester. You had a great and sound point, but your debating skills are falling a little short. This whole post pretty much disregarded your whole argument.

Sly comments and put-downs dont win arguments. Clear thought processes do. I think you had that until now.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 1/9/2013 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Everyone will die. I am serious when I say this. Everyone will die. The people of Tarsonis had no idea the Zerg descended en masse on the planet.

Ok, maybe one or two people will live. Maybe.
Reply Quote
It's more fun making everyone die :)
Reply Quote
That's the point... You fight for survival throughout the horrors, and if you can make it to the last functional ride out of there.... I believe we need a sadder RP... Not everything will be a happy ending.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 02:51 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
It's more fun making everyone die :)

And who wants to get their character killed off? Not too many. Surrounded by Zergs?

Bladestorm that mofo!
Edited by smylez on 1/9/2013 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]