StarCraft® II

To pool all of our collective RP ideas...

And who wants to get their character killed off? Not too many. Surrounded by Zergs?

Bladestorm that mofo!
/TrollFace

That's why no one is a Soldier but a Citizen.
Reply Quote
So everyone flees?

This could work. We'd be doing a more emotional RP rather than the usual action packed heavy ones.
Reply Quote
Mark, I would continue an argument, but its counterproductive so it isn't that important right now anyways.
Reply Quote
I did have list of what I thinking about doing before I came up with Fade, so here it is:

-A Crash sequel: Just like the original Crash, OP characters with even more OP villians, and a storyline that involved NOTHING with crashing!

-LoL inspired RP: You make up a character that fights in an arena to determine.... something. Never got further than that, as that was when I thought of Fade

-Horror RP: Characters that find themselves in an abandoned planet filled with...... Well, horrors. Involved mutated creatures that they had to face, with a particular creatures that they never encounter directly that attempts to either kill or help them from time to time.

-Enterprise RP: You are a group of friends that slowly rise up from the slums to fame..... Again, never got far on this

-Royalty RP: You're royalty..... Make alliances, fight, taxes, etc. Never got far on this.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Jester
Mark, I would continue an argument, but its counterproductive so it isn't that important right now anyways.

Contrary to popular belief, debates are more then convincing your opponent. People believe whatever they want to believe, whether it's true or not.

When you debate, you are trying to sway the people on the middle ground. i.e. Me.
Reply Quote
"I am thinking of a RP where the characters are Follower's or Raknashal."
Reply Quote
Whats a follower? Or a Raknashal?
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:04 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Raknashal

I read this as Rahkshi, from Bionicle, and I had a surge of nostalgia, I am now sad.
Reply Quote
You, for example, are one of the unique individuals who can make up their own balanced weapons and abilities, but most people can't.

01/09/2013 02:49 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
KO is the only one who has flawlessly made everything perfectly balanced, and even is willing to loose battles when everyone know's he wouldn't have lost. Not saying you're not necessarily, just saying that he is the perfect example.

Aw...

However, flattery is as irrelevant as insult. All of the RPs I named worked just fine, and I didn't DM any of them (that I remember). You seem to be missing the critical word: Guidelines. Guidelines. GUIDELINES GUIDELINES GUIDELINES!

Darkest Heart and the Academy worked well without superlong lists because people picked weapons, the DM dtermined the damage dealt by said weapons.

(Note- the Academy may not be the best example due to the fact that it contained both Abel and Ceas, two of the most OP chars in JoeyRay's history. However, their power was due to the veterancy system used in PKA, and the owners of said characters were big participators and had stacks of buffs.)

Z&Z and Breakout are others that were like this. No lists (except for the food list in Z&Z) but firm guidelines. A DM who was willing to say "No" instead of spoiling the RPers. It's an inability to set such guidelines without eliminating creativity entirely that has decreased the quality of recent RPs, in my opinion.

EDIT - Ah, Bionicle. Miss it.
Edited by KnarledOne on 1/9/2013 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:14 PMPosted by KnarledOne
(Note- the Academy may not be the best example due to the fact that it contained both Abel and Ceas, two of the most OP chars in JoeyRay's history. However, their power was due to the veterancy system used in PKA, and the owners of said characters were big participators and had stacks of buffs.)
And when Fantasy/Heaven came up with the story for Abel.... He made Abel really OP and making him part of a bloodline of psionic energy creatures.
Reply Quote
"I meant Rak'nashal. Markus, Rak'nashal is the Demon's name. The Follower's are basically a cult that follows Rak'nashal."
Reply Quote
However, their power was due to the veterancy system used in PKA, and the owners of said characters were big participators and had stacks of buffs.

Draconus gave out powers like candy and nearly all of them favored psionic characters. Moderation is key methinks. PKA would have been fine if it weren't so over the top.

A DM who was willing to say "No" instead of spoiling the RPers.

Or killing them without their consent.
Reply Quote
Smylez.... remember the many Paparazzi Broodlings you employed?
Reply Quote
That too.

Though I believe in killing extremely stupid people.
Reply Quote
Aw...

However, flattery is as irrelevant as insult. All of the RPs I named worked just fine, and I didn't DM any of them (that I remember). You seem to be missing the critical word: Guidelines. Guidelines. GUIDELINES GUIDELINES GUIDELINES!

In one of my posts I was explaining the reason why I used you as an example rather then CR or anyone else. In my other post, I was using you as an example because it fit best, not because I was trying to flatter you.

---

In regards to your argument, I agree with you. But like I said, most people are incapable of making a balanced weapon or ability. I think it is in the DM's responsibility to put out a list of balanced weapons, so that it's all evenly balanced.

Longer lists makes for more creativity. Guidelines make for potential OPness.

If I were completely honest with myself, I would say both of you are right. Now it's a matter of preference rather then opinion.

01/09/2013 03:20 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Though I believe in killing extremely stupid people.

I agree, but as a DM, whenever I go to do this, nobody listens to me.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 1/9/2013 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 03:19 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Smylez.... remember the many Paparazzi Broodlings you employed?

Ah yes, that was the only thing I could when it was clear Kasora was far outclassed by everyone else. That is, annoy the hell out of everyone although I only had mild success.

Dat picture tho!
Reply Quote
O_O /TrollFace

Yep, those steamy pics of Shade. :3

And then.... The one thing that really got me annoyed with Abel.... Sentient Pillow that could kill anyone...
Reply Quote
I did have list of what I thinking about doing before I came up with Fade, so here it is:

-A Crash sequel: Just like the original Crash, OP characters with even more OP villians, and a storyline that involved NOTHING with crashing!

-LoL inspired RP: You make up a character that fights in an arena to determine.... something. Never got further than that, as that was when I thought of Fade

-Horror RP: Characters that find themselves in an abandoned planet filled with...... Well, horrors. Involved mutated creatures that they had to face, with a particular creatures that they never encounter directly that attempts to either kill or help them from time to time.

-Enterprise RP: You are a group of friends that slowly rise up from the slums to fame..... Again, never got far on this

-Royalty RP: You're royalty..... Make alliances, fight, taxes, etc. Never got far on this.

Crash Sequel- Dunno if I'd join.
LoL-No.
Horror-Ehh, sure.
Enterprise- DO EET!
Royalty- I dunno, I tried to make P&P like that, and it failed miserably. Probably because of my lack of experience at DMing.
Reply Quote
It was a sentient being because Abel leaked psionic energy to it? Was that how that OP pillow came into existence? If that were true, you can do that to any inanimate object...

Oh gosh, I just opened a floodgate...
Reply Quote
"Now Jupiter shall be a world eater."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]