StarCraft® II

pvz IN hots

is it just me or is the zerg op vs protoss in HOTS ? No matter what i try and i know im low level so i got a lot of improving to do but all the replays of Pros like whiteRa in his PVZ look like hes haven a hard time in his PVZ, losing most of the replays i see.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Merin
is it just me or is the zerg op vs protoss in HOTS ? No matter what i try and i know im low level so i got a lot of improving to do but all the replays of Pros like whiteRa in his PVZ look like hes haven a hard time in his PVZ, losing most of the replays i see.
He is making mistakes a lot of times, so don't be fooled by that. He is also winning a fair bit, so I must say HOTS PvZ is looking good for unit balance and design, but maps are TERRIBAD...

Maps like Star Station, Korhal City, Antiga LE, Howling Peak are EXTREMELY BAD maps that need to be removed from the pool, imho. We need more Cloud Kingdoms, Daybreaks and maps of that kind.

PvZ in HOTS is actually fun, and can be frustrating if you did not scout and prepare properly, or you took certain risks. The ONLY issue I have with PvZ is that either Skytoss is too strong in specific cases, or Protoss is too weak against Swarm Hosts in the hands of competent Zergs...
Reply Quote
Maps like Star Station, Korhal City, Antiga LE, Howling Peak are EXTREMELY BAD maps that need to be removed from the pool, imho. We need more Cloud Kingdoms, Daybreaks and maps of that kind.

I think it may be that they want to change the units and such so that maps which wouldn't work on WoL (for reasons like vulnerability to stephano 12 min roach max) are viable on HOTs. Believe it or not, there's actually some justification for putting "bad maps" in Beta.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 08:25 AMPosted by BlackAdder
Believe it or not, there's actually some justification for putting "bad maps" in Beta.
Maybe, but I think the joke has gone long enough and Blizzard can put good maps BACK in the pool...
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Zamara
Maybe, but I think the joke has gone long enough and Blizzard can put good maps BACK in the pool...

You may be right. Tbh, I haven't spent enough time playing/watching HOTS to know why they're untenable yet. (Xmas vacation with family, Xcom: Enemy Unknown entered my life, and now A Memory of Light :) ).
Edited by BlackAdder on 1/11/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
zerg isnt op at all in hots. you just need to get use to how they play. mass air as well GG
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Legendary
zerg isnt op at all in hots. you just need to get use to how they play. mass air as well GG

lol... I'm *sure* Zamara hasn't considered that!
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 12:29 PMPosted by BlackAdder
lol... I'm *sure* Zamara hasn't considered that!
:)

Yeah, the whole reason I play PvZ is to use skytoss :P, and the main reason the above-mentioned maps are considered BAD in my book is because they're BAD for skytoss.
Reply Quote
By the way, from things i've seen whitera doing, he seems to be expanding extremely early in pvz, and takes quite a lot of risks. if the zerg decides to shut down the expo it's really hard to hold off... so you can't really judge pvz from watching just him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]