StarCraft® II

Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 18)

I grin as I sip my drink. "RPer magic."

Edit-DA is working again.
Edited by Zarkun on 1/19/2013 9:48 PM PST
It is called the catacombs.
"Or that." I sip my drink and stand up, Colonial Marine armor and armaments appearing as I vanish in a teleportation beam.
Goodnight, denizens of the bar-within-the-bar-within-the-game-within-the-life-within-the-universe.
The smart crowbar may hold true for half life (It broke boxes well, but I have yet to open a door with one), but I had a VERY different one in mind.

The smart crowbar I was thinking of is a telephone pole shaped&sized piece of iron (or other heavy metal) dropped from high orbit above a planet. It has a guidance system on the tip (that being the side facing the ground) so that any corrections to course can be made by the rudders on the back (that being the side facing space).

Gravity allows this object to gain terminal velocity before it has hit the ground. So we have a streamlined, massive, and FAST MOVING object falling at its terminal velocity towards its unsuspecting target.

It hits for [insert massive number here] kinetic damage to target.

To quote a friend: "Metal gets prettttty pliable at those speeds."
01/19/2013 08:45 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Urine is warm and moving liquid is kind of hard to freeze.
Warm liquids are easier to freeze than cold liquids.
01/20/2013 05:01 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Urine is warm and moving liquid is kind of hard to freeze.
Warm liquids are easier to freeze than cold liquids.

I have heard this too...

I have to call BS on this just because during the process of freezing a liquid will (at some point) pass the temperature that it would be considered a "cold liquid".
Actually, the reason why a warm liquid freezes quicker is due to the change of temperature. A liquid that is generally colder than a warm liquid will take longer to freeze (Don't know how much longer though, I'm guessing not that long), while a warm liquid will freeze much quicker is due to the sudden change of hot and cold. That is why you throw out a bucket of cold water, it'll freeze in a longer time span, while if you toss a bucket of warm water, then it'll take less time overall.
I have witnessed the tossing of water out a window, boiling hot water, and it turn into snow. If that can happen, then a dog's pee can freeze to it's pen.is.
Edited by Zarkun on 1/20/2013 7:47 AM PST
01/20/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Zarkun
then a dog's pee can freeze to it's !@#$%.
That just sounds so terribly funny.
Going to add more science here, since it is what I know.

Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as hot or cold, as both are relative to the beholder. There is only more heat, and less heat. More heat means more energy, and the reverse is true for less energy.

Heat tries to equalize when possible. This exchange does not occur at a steady rate. It looks a lot like one of those graphs of x^2 ,or a "U" for simplicity's sake.
(sorry if this starts to remind you of school)

Given that:
-The bottom of the U is at x=0, y=0
-The x axis (left and right) represents temperature, where negative values represent temperatures below (colder than) the point of equalization
-The y axis (up and down) represents rate of temperature change
-x=0, y=0 represents when the temperatures have equalized

We shall say that for this example x=0 is freezing, the value we are trying to reach

A hot object would only cool faster if you made the lower heat object (the freezer) colder than it needs to be. This shifts our point of equilibrium. EX: changing our formula to (x^2)-2

The heated object was not changed, so the (x^2)-2 object will reach freezing (when the x-value=0) first.
Going to add more science here, since it is what I know.

Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as hot or cold, as both are relative to the beholder. There is only more heat, and less heat. More heat means more energy, and the reverse is true for less energy.

Heat tries to equalize when possible. This exchange does not occur at a steady rate. It looks a lot like one of those graphs of x^2 ,or a "U" for simplicity's sake.
(sorry if this starts to remind you of school)

Given that:
-The bottom of the U is at x=0, y=0
-The x axis (left and right) represents temperature, where negative values represent temperatures below (colder than) the point of equalization
-The y axis (up and down) represents rate of temperature change
-x=0, y=0 represents when the temperatures have equalized

We shall say that for this example x=0 is freezing, the value we are trying to reach

A hot object would only cool faster if you made the lower heat object (the freezer) colder than it needs to be. This shifts our point of equilibrium. EX: changing our formula to (x^2)-2

The heated object was not changed, so the (x^2)-2 object will reach freezing (when the x-value=0) first.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH SCIENCE!!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!
Someone please knock me out with a psionic cooler.
"Something tells me to understand that better I will need at least Grade 9 knowledge of mathematics. Anyone feel like teaching me some Grade 9 math?"
I hit Xer with a Psionic Cooler so hard that he flies out of the wall, unconscious and still airborne. The glass for it, surprisingly, was still intact. I put it down where he sat originally, and go back to my seat.
Edited by Jester on 1/20/2013 11:39 AM PST
"That's Xer, Jester..."
TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hem. sorry, don't know what came over me there...
Edited by Warhawk on 1/20/2013 11:24 AM PST
OHHHH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! War is coming down with something like the kitten disease but with TACOS!!!!!!! Soon their will be taco cannons, salsa sprayers, and nuclear tacos. Quick burn it with FIRE!!!!!
"This bar needs a dance floor."
*My assault on the Fantasy News Network building is almost over.... Soon it shall be mine.*
"Maybe a pole too..."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]