StarCraft® II

Started sc for 1st time 2day!! :D

It took me about 20 straight losses before I had any success. Now that i've gotten the hang of it, i'm currently on a 6 game winning streak ^_^. I think my build order and starting unit build is standard, but I think i may have found the lucky charm to my success. After harassing while expoing and teching to hive, I like to make 10-15 surprise mutalisks. My goal is to make sure my opponent does not see the mutalisks at all, until they've flown to the back of his base and are pulverizing their workers. Usually this is where i take off and obliterate my opponent by out massing and adding a couple of infestors as well. Anyways, for someone brand new, what do you guys think? Can my mutalisk harass be used at higher levels, with correct skill, to maintain the success I'm having? Also, i never use the 6 pop. unit, which i forgot the name of. They seem like they're inefficient for the price they cost, and get annihilatied relatively quick. Send some feedback, thanks
Reply Quote
I play terran but, mutas can be used at higher levels you just have to get really good at controlling them
Reply Quote
Wonderful, welcome to Starcraft! It's great to see you doing well in your games! I wish I could comment more about your strategy, but I don't find myself utilizing mutalisks too often, nor am I a very good player, I believe the six pop unit is the ultralisk, I don't really find myself using them very much either. I know that mutalisk harass can be used at higher levels to incur massive damage, but sometimes you might get scouted or the enemy will have a good idea of what is to come, so it's best to keep that in mind.
Edited by Yoobin on 1/13/2013 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
In wc3, i was a wyvern god, literally could carry a team of 4s with 50 upkeep army of them. There's no reason why i can't be a mutalisk god, as well, and by the way I don't mass mutalisks, i simply make a certain amount and attack harvesting workers, running back in forth from base to base, which i'm sure can be very very annoying because i'm actually quite good at this. ultimately, gives me more time to make the units and research the upgrades i need to over power my enemy. anyhow, it is only my first day, just wondering if my tactics are some what impressive for someone who has never played starcraft before period. On top of that, think about it, I clearly see what units they are making to counter my harass, and maybe i've fooled them enough into believing i'm going all out on mutas. Then, i just mass counter what ever their counter is, and viola! roky wins! It's a complete mind game, and frustrating to play against. ONCE AGAIN, i am brand new, so you never know.
Edited by RokyTheGreat on 1/13/2013 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't take much of whats going on very seriously at the moment. You'll be learning just the basics of everything, specifics will happen the farther you go.

Just keep on playing.
Reply Quote
I haven't played in quite a while and decided on Zerg for the season. :D hope to see you on the ladder. Progress for victory!
Reply Quote
I used to do that with mutas all the time. But it's a really expensive way to harass and small numbers of muta get shut down higher up so once you notice it's not working try out drops. You can just keep making whatever ground comp you want for the matchup and when you want to harass you just load some of those units into overlords and drop them in their base.
Reply Quote
Muta tech switches can work at all levels. I've found it particularly strong against protoss as a follow up to a roach max. A spire is already needed for the hive transition to broodlords. If you shoe out the obserber it's possible to do significant economic damage. Be ready for the counter attack.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 09:30 PMPosted by RokyTheGreat
In wc3, i was a wyvern god, literally could carry a team of 4s with 50 upkeep army of them. There's no reason why i can't be a mutalisk god, as well, and by the way I don't mass mutalisks, i simply make a certain amount and attack harvesting workers, running back in forth from base to base, which i'm sure can be very very annoying because i'm actually quite good at this.

no... just no. Having played WC3(1s) at a much higher level than I do SC2, I can confidently say that WC3 skills don't transfer over well at all. IMO the micro/macro in sc2 is a lot harder because of how much faster paced the game is
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]