HotS Music

First and foremost this is NOT a nostalgia thread about BW music so don't start up that inane argument again.

My question is this - how much new music has been released thus far in HotS? I've caught a few tracks on Youtube, but nothing that seems like new in-game tunes. Any word on how many new tracks will be included?
Reply Quote
i didn't know they were adding new in game music
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Actually, some of the clips you've heard on Youtube do play in-game already.

They haven't really said anything about the music, though. I have a feeling what we see at release will be different then what is in there right now.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:44 AMPosted by ElvenWhisky
i didn't know they were adding new in game music

No new in-game music would be a huge, huge letdown.

Actually, some of the clips you've heard on Youtube do play in-game already.

They haven't really said anything about the music, though. I have a feeling what we see at release will be different then what is in there right now.

The only one that popped out as in-game was the terran theme that had the melody carried by the bass. Very promising, but quite short.
Edited by Dutch on 1/15/2013 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Dutch
The only one that popped out as in-game was the terran theme that had the melody carried by the bass. Very promising, but quite short.
I think new music will be the focus later on in the beta, closer to release. Right now, the HOTS gameplay meta is still the focus.
Reply Quote
I feel like it will only be in the release. Which is great, I like a good surprise... but I love Bliz music, need NAO!
Reply Quote
Yea, i would like to see more new music in the mix, even more than what is now in the beta.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yes, Heart of the Swarm does indeed have a lot of new music, and beta has a limited number of the new tracks.

As you might imagine, this time around, the new music is focused on the Zerg and the Heart of the Swarm campaign. In Heart of the Swarm, we have almost completely new music across the entire single player campaign -- way more new music than any of our previous RTS expansions.

There are also plenty of new tracks in multiplayer, which is going to make the overall experience more diverse and varied. The cinematics feature all new tracks, recorded with a large, live orchestra, and much of the music features additional electronic and experimental instrumentation.

Here's an awesome tidbit you may not have heard anywhere else yet: Legendary guitarist David Torn worked on the Heart of the Swarm soundtrack, adding burning leads and strange textures to the Zerg palette on several tracks.
Reply Quote
Yes, Heart of the Swarm does indeed have a lot of new music, and beta has a limited number of the new tracks.

As you might imagine, this time around, the new music is focused on the Zerg and the Heart of the Swarm campaign. In Heart of the Swarm, we have almost completely new music across the entire single player campaign -- way more new music than any of our previous RTS expansions.

There are also plenty of new tracks in multiplayer, which is going to make the overall experience more diverse and varied. The cinematics feature all new tracks, recorded with a large, live orchestra, and much of the music features additional electronic and experimental instrumentation.

Here's an awesome tidbit you may not have heard anywhere else yet: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Torn"]Legendary guitarist David Torn[/url] worked on the Heart of the Swarm soundtrack, adding burning leads and strange textures to the Zerg palette on several tracks.

Are the Protoss music tracks more enticing? The one in WoL are kind of uninspiring to me and a bit morbid sounding. On the other side, Terran has some very upbeat music and Zerg's music fits them all too well.
Edited by Jasiwel on 1/16/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited by Eulogy on 1/16/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here's an awesome tidbit you may not have heard anywhere else yet: Legendary guitarist David Torn worked on the Heart of the Swarm soundtrack, adding burning leads and strange textures to the Zerg palette on several tracks.

Not bad :D

BTW...if you get Hans Zimmer to do the soundtrack to Legacy Of The Void I will name my first born child Tychus or Kerrigan in you honor <3 <3 <3
Reply Quote
Community Manager

BTW...if you get Hans Zimmer to do the soundtrack to Legacy Of The Void I will name my first born child Tychus or Kerrigan in you honor <3 <3 <3

But I prefer the team of Neal Acree, Russell Brower, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes, and Glenn Stafford!
Reply Quote

But I prefer the team of Neal Acree, Russell Brower, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes, and Glenn Stafford!

Too bad Matt Uelmen isn't on that list either.
Reply Quote
Wow! David Torn!? That's really impressive guys! Any chance we might hear some early demos (other than what is already available?)
Reply Quote
im more interested in a particular something, you guys after patch 1.5 killed any possible sound mod to the game as well as bacground pictures and what not for the users (appart from the one to obs) and said that we would be able to add mods of sound and music later on

obs now have a wide variety of tools to mod their ui to fit properly to tournaments and what not, but players dont have any way to edit music or sounds which dont really translate into any advantage since all the different language translations on the game clients are already different sounds

so, are we getting sounds mods any time soon?
Reply Quote
Excellent, the Swarm deserves the most excellent beats and quality guitars to dominate the Koprulu sector.
Reply Quote
meh. BW music is still better. Ive already modded the game files to play them instead.
Reply Quote
NICE. Definitely excited about new music in multiplayer!
Reply Quote
Should have gotten Hans Zimmer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]