StarCraft® II

SC2 Map Editor Q - Structures for Teams

I have just begun with this editing software and I just can't figure out how to build structures for a specific team. I have my triggers set up so the players are in teams but I'm not sure how to build structures for Team 1 and Team 2.

When I'm in the Terrain Editor I only see Players 1-14 and Neutral and Hostile. When I make a neutral or hostile building it doesn't show up when I test it. I added Team 1 and Team 2 to the player properties as a "computer" am I doing something wrong? Like I said these teams do not show up in the terrain editor under the drop down. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELP!
Edited by Bonzee on 1/8/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Bonzee
When I make a neutral or hostile building it doesn't show up when I test it

That's not normal. Neutral structures (Eg. Mineral Fields, Gas) are not supposed to vanish into thin air.

Try to make a few bugfixer triggers to see the fate of these structures, where they are going. Are they created, then destroyed? If they are, they should leave debris (depending on the structure). Maybe your triggers are causing the problem.
Reply Quote
Well the only triggers I have set up are to put players 1-5 in team 1, 6-10 in team 2 and for those teams to be enemies. When the game starts I hear the music and everything is greyish. I'm guessing I need a trigger to start something up? I'm really lost since I'm so new. I'm trying to create such a dynamic multiplayer map here, and I'm making good progress, it's just these triggers are a steep learning curve.
Reply Quote
I just realized I had clicked the melee multiplayer map when I first started the map and not the "arcade" custom map. Will this make a huge difference? Do I need to start everything over if I was to want to upload this?
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Bonzee
I just realized I had clicked the melee multiplayer map when I first started the map and not the "arcade" custom map

Not much of a difference, just save the game and add in the missing dependencies (file>dependencies). There should be four, add all of them. Also, there should be a tab, map properties, go there and make the map an arcade map.

Other than that, there should be no difference.
Reply Quote
Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]