StarCraft® II

Zerg vs 1337 marines and medivacs.

Hello.

How can a zerg defeat a terran if he produces a lot of marines and 6 medivacs?

Mutalisk are useless.
Hydralisk can't hit Medivacs because marines kill them first.
Roaches and zerlings don't kill anyone, marines get ultra healed and my troops die.
Corruptors don't attack ground.
???????????????????
Defeat.

What can a zerg player do in such a case?
Reply Quote
Morph those zerglings into banelings and bye bye marines. Or morph a few infestors and bye bye marines.
Reply Quote
banelings and infestors. and ultras and banelings and infestors and lings.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 07:58 PMPosted by BooMerR
Morph those zerglings into banelings and bye bye marines. Or morph a few infestors and bye bye marines.

Sounds good, I'll try it next time.

01/09/2013 08:06 PMPosted by uwuMavvie

Too much vespene gas. It sounds pretty good, but I am not sure if I can get them sooner than the terran player.
Edited by Herrblut on 1/9/2013 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcQedw7R1zk

use the knowledge
Reply Quote
The problem with Zerg is always that Infestors are the solution. A nice mmm ball can only be defeated with infestors + X.

The bottom line is you HAVE to use them. You can play with all the other units but you loose without infestors at gold on up.

I hate them. Thats why im in gold.
Reply Quote
Chitin Ultralisks, and Fungal...

It's less gas intensive than banelings.
Edited by Quirriff on 1/10/2013 4:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Herrblut

Sounds good, I'll try it next time.

Too much vespene gas. It sounds pretty good, but I am not sure if I can get them sooner than the terran player.

You can always have banelings by the time Terran attacks with bio+medivac. Sure, banes cost a lot of gas, but so does a factory + reactor + starport + 2 medivacs. And stim, CS, +1...you can afford a few banelings before you produce your lair tech :)

Drop a bane nest + roach warren at ~60 supply. Make roaches if he does a hellion push, make banelings if he does a bio push. Go speed->+1/+1->bane nest + roach warren->lair, assuming gasless 3 hatch or similar.
Reply Quote
You need a lot of lings and banes. Later on you'll need infestors to even catch the marines (and stop the load em all up into medivacs and just run away once your lings actually manage to surround).
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 04:45 AMPosted by Quirriff

Yes, or brood lords and fungal conter everything in the game
imbaimbaimbaimba zerg D:
Reply Quote
ling/bane/muta. It's not as stable as infestor builds, but I feel like I have more opportunities to punish my opponent for mistakes with superior mobility
Reply Quote
early game go ling/bling/infestor. Late game go for ultras, but make sure all upgrades are researched for ultras to really do what they are meant for.
Reply Quote

It's less gas intensive than banelings.

It also requires hive tech and an ultralisk cavern.
Reply Quote
the key to ling bane against Marine marauder medivac is as follows:
1)if they can have medivacs or stim you should have baneling speed
2)try to maintain an upgrade lead if you know how to manage your economy while doing so this will allow your lings to trade more efficiently and require less banelings
3)Unless attacking never engage off creep ( this is relevant because any engagement you have to run from terran due to fewer units is a HUGE loss marine range> zergling) creep will give you a movement speed bonus, a vision bonus so you know if you can engage or not
4) when engaging drag your ling to engulf your opponents entire army (not just the tip) and utilize ctrl + click baneling to move your banelings through and past your opponents units, when banelings die they detonate use this to your advantage, moving banelings through your opponents army allows banelings to be surrounded by enemy units rather then hitting only 50% of the banelings blast radius further increasing your cost efficiency with banelings requiring less.
Reply Quote
fungal growth
Reply Quote
If your opponent is stupid enough to only build marines and medivacs, the speed banelings with infestor fungal growths work magnificently. Fungal them so they stay put, bring in a few speedlings to absorb damage while the banelings roll up and plow into them for terrible, terrible damage. Also, make sure you have creep spread, it will make bringing the banelings in much, much easier, especially if they are in your base. Assuming he goes marauders, this makes it much more complicated. The best thing to do still revolves around speedlings, banelings, and infestors. However, late game, you will be wanting brood lords, especially if they have a lot of marauders.
Edited by SgtSlaughter on 1/12/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
He managed to get 1137 above the supply limit? sounds like you just got outplayed ;D
Reply Quote
What bit of the game are you having trouble countering it? Early on ling baneling should be able to clear it out, if there's a fair Marauder count you might wanna invest in a few roaches. Midish game Infestor ling is really good provided you land fungals. If you have enough space you can kill them with only Fungal. Late game Ultralisk/Infestor or Infestor/Broodlord will annihilate them.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Gathris
Early on ling baneling should be able to clear it out, if there's a fair Marauder count you might wanna invest in a few roaches.

Roaches aren't very good against marines, and just die against marauders. If he's got a decent amount of marauders then up the speedling count and try not to hit marauders with banes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]