Q&A for Lower League Players(1Year,21 Weeks)

You spin me round like a record.
Reply Quote
Hmmmm, slow week.

One bump for good measures.
Reply Quote
empty thread makes me sad :(
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 05:37 PMPosted by wraithcube
empty thread makes me sad :(

well perhaps no one has questions left - just 100% win rates? :P
Reply Quote
I think WoL is too boring and HoTS is too new right now for anybody to need specific help.
Reply Quote
Here's a noob question, then. Why did I buy a second account when I'm not currently willing to pony up for a second copy of HotS? :)
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 11:10 AMPosted by BlackAdder
Here's a noob question, then. Why did I buy a second account when I'm not currently willing to pony up for a second copy of HotS? :)

Excellent question. And I don't have an answer. I just borrowed friends accounts to off-race on, because I could off-race at a higher level than their ladder rank so I could test and learn things.
Reply Quote
generally how many games does it take to ladder? I have a pretty decent win rate vs platinum right now and am wondering when i should expect to be promoted so I can brag to all my friends :p haha
Reply Quote
I got steadily promoted up until I reached diamond by playing between 40 and 70 games a season so I think it mostly depends on your win rate for how many games it takes to move up.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 03:14 PMPosted by wraithcube
I got steadily promoted up until I reached diamond by playing between 40 and 70 games a season so I think it mostly depends on your win rate for how many games it takes to move up.

Masters was definitely the hardest to break into since it seems to be a bit unforgiving in terms of punishing your losses. It seems to plummet much quicker than it rises. A couple of losses to a low masters and you're back facing diamonds and then if you lose to one of them it seems you need to win 2 for every 1 you win in order to start facing masters opponents again to eventually get your promotion.
Reply Quote
Why is this never in GD? T_T
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 05:15 PMPosted by VIPER
Why is this never in GD? T_T

It's to preserve the purity of the thread.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:31 PMPosted by wraithcube
Excellent question. And I don't have an answer. I just borrowed friends accounts to off-race on, because I could off-race at a higher level than their ladder rank so I could test and learn things.

Great if you can get it :) Of course, I'm sure some people would laugh at the idea of a Plat Zerg buying a new account to learn Protoss rather than switching flat out. After all, aren't all lower leagues the same?
Reply Quote
Platinum player having trouble PvT. Bio Terrans just crush me late game. I can macro just fine, but my control is really bad. Assuming I make it to late game PvT (if I don't get cheesed really bad I usually will), what is the best hotkey setup ( or what hotkey setup would make it easier ) to control my max army of colo/stalker/archon/HT?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 10:53 AMPosted by OafLoaF
Platinum player having trouble PvT. Bio Terrans just crush me late game. I can macro just fine, but my control is really bad. Assuming I make it to late game PvT (if I don't get cheesed really bad I usually will), what is the best hotkey setup ( or what hotkey setup would make it easier ) to control my max army of colo/stalker/archon/HT?

I'm 2 for my whole army, 3 for zealots and sentries, 4 colossus, 5 for hts, 6 for a reserve group of Hts.

The key to late game pvt is HT splitting, keeping a reserve, army positioning, and how to draw his bio towards your army by let your zealots charge then pulling them back.
Reply Quote
I hate the midgame in PvT. Yes, most of the time I try to play standard (1 gate expand, col for medivac timing, transitiong to templar etc,) but it feels like so much work to hold mmmv pressure in the mid game. I've had moderate success with some ad hoc 1 base aggression. Anything other than 3 gate pressure expand that you recommend for PvT, Especially if they go one rax gasless expand? I want a build that really commits to killing them off one base.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I hate the midgame in PvT. Yes, most of the time I try to play standard (1 gate expand, col for medivac timing, transitiong to templar etc,) but it feels like so much work to hold mmmv pressure in the mid game. I've had moderate success with some ad hoc 1 base aggression. Anything other than 3 gate pressure expand that you recommend for PvT, Especially if they go one rax gasless expand? I want a build that really commits to killing them off one base.

Thanks!

All in proxy stargate can work. Blink stalker all in can work. Immortal busts are also very powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]