StarCraft® II

Help with Terran Mech

I have been having a lot of problems in my ZvT. Its not in general only to a certain build not sure what to call it but its a rapid exansion build they come with 5-6 early hellions then follow that up with immediate cloaked banshee pressure I have for the most part figured out how to deal with this by making two extra queens to deal with the pressure but by the time I have roaches out the terran will be on two base ready to take three that command center will immediately become a PF then they continue to harras with hellions throughout build up there huge mech death ball at the third expansion (PF). I generally have tried to counter this with roach and Broodlords in the first engagement I generally do fine but they will mass vikings and siege tanks from that point on and absoluetly destroy everything. Not to mention when they throw in two ravens with seeker missiles that will own mutas or BLs. Looking for some answers or replays of how to counter this thanks I can generally beat a fellow platnium player but the diamond terrans are much better at this build
Reply Quote
If they fast expand, I get a fast third. I go 2-base mutalisk against terran, it repels hellions and banshees, and you can harass their third pretty well if they try to take it. Obviously have a baneling nest in case of a marine push, and I tech to broodlord infestor with corrupter/queen support. The way I lose these games is when I don't scout that they took their natural and end up on even bases, unable to get ahead. I have also lost to a preemptive mass of vikings but that has been far from common.
Reply Quote
Ling/muta and aggressive expansions. A gold terran using ravens to counter mutas is not very likely.
Also learn to write above the third grade level, mate. Paragraphs and punctuation please. Nothing fancy, just readable.
Reply Quote
Ling/muta and aggressive expansions. A gold terran using ravens to counter mutas is not very likely.
Also learn to write above the third grade level, mate. Paragraphs and punctuation please. Nothing fancy, just readable.

This is a forum posting for a video game didn't realize the grammar police was here. I said nothing about Gold level terran's I said I was mainly having a problem with diamond level players so you insulted me by saying that my grammar was sub par and then submitted nothing helpful at all.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Friend
If they fast expand, I get a fast third. I go 2-base mutalisk against terran, it repels hellions and banshees, and you can harass their third pretty well if they try to take it. Obviously have a baneling nest in case of a marine push, and I tech to broodlord infestor with corrupter/queen support. The way I lose these games is when I don't scout that they took their natural and end up on even bases, unable to get ahead. I have also lost to a preemptive mass of vikings but that has been far from common.

Thanks for the input, So you bring the queens to transfuse the Brood's im guessing?
Reply Quote

This is a forum posting for a video game didn't realize the grammar police was here. I said nothing about Gold level terran's I said I was mainly having a problem with diamond level players so you insulted me by saying that my grammar was sub par and then submitted nothing helpful at all.

He inferred Gold Terran based off of your account. Looking at it, and your mention of getting a 3rd base early in the game is indicitive of 1v1. Are you talking about team games? Because if so, you will need different strategies than in a 1v1 situation.

And while it is a forum posting for a video game, we try to keep grammar and general posting quality up here. Makes it much easier to descern your meanings (such as whether you mean team games or 1v1) and submit helpful, relevant responses.

01/15/2013 01:21 PMPosted by DarkChaos
Thanks for the input, So you bring the queens to transfuse the Brood's im guessing?

Also, yes. Transfuse the BLs or Corruptors, transform less Corruptors into BLs if he has a high Viking count, and try to engage on creep whenever possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]