StarCraft® II

Cinematics (Not available)

Good morning,

I've installed the game using the client in the Blizzard website and let it update... Downloaded about 7GB or more...
I've started the campaign again and saw the first cinematics...
When I was in the third or fourth mission I realized that I can't see the last cinematics anymore... only the first one.
The other cinematics appear "unavailable" and if I click on them to show again it says that I can only see them after the "full download of the game".

Ok. How can I download the full version of the game?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Good morning Navarre,

I would try running the Repair tool first. If that doesn't help, I would reinstall.
Hi Velnrak,

Tried the "repair tool" solution. No joy.
I won't reinstall the game again and again and again.
I've already did it...

The funny thing is when I load the campaign it shows the cinematics. In the archive mission it shows like unavailable.......

I've cleaned the cache (deleting the Battle.net folder in C:\Programdata)... nothing happens to.
Edited by Navarre on 1/18/2013 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Everyone talks so good of the Blizzard support that I am really surprised you didn't reply my feedback...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'm sorry I missed your reply, Navarre.

01/18/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Navarre
I've cleaned the cache (deleting the Battle.net folder in C:\Programdata)... nothing happens to.

Can you try deleting the Blizzard Entertainment folder in C:\ProgramData too?

Also, would you happen to have another computer for comparison?
No problem...

Yeah.. Tried deleting the folder... tried installing in another computer...
If it was a problem of corrupted files the cinematics shouldn't be playing normally when I load the missions from the archive.
I just can't see them again... just that.

And it happens everytime I install Starcraft 2...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I've installed the game using the client in the Blizzard website and let it update... Downloaded about 7GB or more...
I've started the campaign again and saw the first cinematics...
When I was in the third or fourth mission I realized that I can't see the last cinematics anymore... only the first one.
The other cinematics appear "unavailable" and if I click on them to show again it says that I can only see them after the "full download of the game".

Ok. How can I download the full version of the game?

How big is your StarCraft II folder? It should be about ~8.2 GB
Hi Velnrak,

My Starcraft 2 folder is about 9.43 GB.
Reply Quote
This is how I got to get my game to work. Deleting the folders and files made no difference for me.

1. Go to your My Documents/Starcraft II folder.
2. Open the Variables.txt file.
3. Change "localeidassets=enGB" into "localeidassets=enUS"
Also change "localeiddata=enGB" into "localeiddata=enUS"
4. Save and close. Right click Variables.txt and go to properties. Check the box marked Read Only and then Apply.
(I also changed lowqualitymovies from 1 to 0. But I don't think that matters for this.)
5. Now go to My Documents/Starcraft II/Accounts/random acc numbers here/ and open Variables.txt
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much! I was having the same problem with the cinematics and your suggestions on editing the Variables.txt files fixed it for me.
Reply Quote
Thank you so much too Georgebot!!!

Incredible how you've managed to fix a problem that no one in Blizzard's support have an idea on a solution to it!

And surprise surprise! My game is ALL english now (my game was bought in Brazil).

Thanks a lot man! They should give you a contract =p
Reply Quote
For MAC any ideas where are the files ?

"And surprise surprise! My game is ALL english now (my game was bought in Brazil)."
So Maybe your game was in brazilian and your video in English ?

My game has French dialogs and the videos are in English, but like you i can see them even if my game is fully downloaded.
So I guess its related to the recent patch giving the choice of languages in Videos and Text.

Support's staff should repport that issue i guess (if its not already done)

Thank you in advance ! Love Blizzard !
Edited by Tembargo on 3/15/2013 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
first of all, pc info

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 MHz, 2 core('s), 4 logische processor(s)
RAM 6,00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I've played through Wings of Liberty a few years ago when it came out, it worked flawlessly, now, I recently got a copy of the Heart of the Swarm expansion and now I'm seeing alot of little issue's popping up while playing through it, it's not unplay-able but some things are just a little off. so since my pc was recently formatted, I re-installed WOL first, once finished I popped in the HotS game disc to install the expansion.
ps. I booted the game on the Europe server (I'm from Belgium).

problems/strange things I noticed:

1. HotS booted through battle.net while wings of liberty didn't, then it linked me to my profile on my browser where I had to redeem my key and pretty much seemed like I had to download the entire game of the web. read some forums about this on here that this is indeed the way to download it because the full game is not on the disc somehow.

2. every time I boot up battle.net, starcraft 2 seems to be updating or patching something for only a few seconds before I can click the 'play' button.

3. I logged onto my account and it still had my saves from WoL (since I formatted my pc and had to re-install the entire game). I did notice that indeed most of the cinamatics had '(unavailable)' with their title andas dio stated here almost 2 years ago, when you click on them, it says the game is not fully installed...
the only cinematics I can watch for some reason are: 'the deal', 'the prophecy', 'the betrayl' and 'the showdown' ... all the others are '(unavailable)'
I did look this up in the forums as well for fixing problem number 4, saying I had to change the Variables.txt file in my documents/starcraft II but that didn't help me out at all.

4. while playing through the HotS campaign, I noticed the cutscenes wern't realy high quality, I remember the WoL cutscenes to look beautiful while now the cutscenes look well made... though I shouldn't be able to count the pixels. I went to the options, everything was set on normal quality because the game reccomanded these settings. when changing it to ultra (and yes I noticed the movie option and made sure it was set on high instead of low), the scenes and the game stayed pretty much the same, like, whatever graphic options I choose and apply/save... the game ignores it. I thought my pc was up to date enough to run this game pretty good quality since it managed to do so in WoL

5. when I come to the main screen of SCII, I see sarah since I installed the HotS expansion, though it's just a picture of her, she's not moving, nothing dynamic in the background, when I go to the gameplay options I noticed that you can change the background between her and the moving planets from WoL, when I change it to 'planets', i get the dynamic planet background, when I change it back to 'Kerrigan', I see her but this time she's moving, doing stuff, a dynamic background as I would like it. though this only stays that way until I reboot SCII, then it's back to old static kerrigan picture in the background. this reminds me of the battle for middle earth background which only became dynamic after you set your graphics to high or very high (or something like that)

I've tried to do what the forums tell me, I have re-installed the game AGAIN and still nothing has changed and I'm pretty much all out of idea's. why isn't the game applying the changes I make in the options menu ? why does it say it's running on 'ultra' in the options menu while it's probably all qstill running on normal. I will have fun playing through the game like this but... all these little things just bug me at the moment.

thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
well, for those wondering, I think I solved the problem, should be as simple as this:

1. uninstall the game
2. go to your battle.net account on your browser
3. fully install the 'HotS' starcraft II install by downloading it fully from the web, don't install anything from any previous discs you own. all seem to be working fine atm.

problem might be somewhere that the dowloaded files from HotS clash somewhere with the install from my Starcraft II WoL disc, giving me all these little problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]