StarCraft® II

Skytoss in HOTS

Was playing a game earlier in HOTS against a toss as the title says. But he decides to go air and had like 4 carriers and 4 void rays. I run in with probably 15 corruptors and get decimated. Then make 20-25 hydras at +2 and +2, while his air has plus 1 shields. Get decimated. What is your solution to skytoss?
Reply Quote
Best solution to skytoss is do a 3 or 4 base all in with roach/hydra/viper before he gets HT tech out.

It'll get nerfed, skytoss/templar in HotS is basically infestor/broodlord but 10x stronger.

I mean against skytoss in WoL you do a ling/corruptor timing with double spire and double evo, while mass expanding you deny their third/fourth, and you eventually max out with queen/infestor/corruptor and make a push before they get templar out, but really in HotS Protoss is significantly overpowered, mostly in the lategame, so don't worry about it. Just 3 base all in with roach/hydra/viper/corruptor, should be good enough to win most of your games if you macro well.
Reply Quote
Alright. Thanks. Are vipers really that useful?
Reply Quote
I know for sure that in WoL mutas are very cost effective against void rays. Is it still the case in hots or something changed? Because a bunch of mutas with corruptor support would do the trick.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Obliterator
I know for sure that in WoL mutas are very cost effective against void rays. Is it still the case in hots or something changed? Because a bunch of mutas with corruptor support would do the trick.

They really aren't a good response to Void Rays. They trade reasonably-well against Void Rays, but are terrible in combat against anything else. Honestly, like the above posters have mentioned, Stargate/Templar builds are way overpowered right now and it will get fixed at some point. Till then, try your best to not let Protoss reach this stage of the game on 4 bases. You can use a Roach max, Roach/Hydra/Viper, Muta/Ling, Infestor/Ultra compositions etc. to try and kill him before he reaches his deathball, but I don't think there is a consensus yet as to what the best strategy is. Best of luck.
Reply Quote
I would imagine in skytoss vs zerg it would be good to have small groups of hydras surrounding the skytoss, but a lot of hydras all the same. So there not all bunched and easy bait for kills. That way the toss has to attack at the most a couple groups at once while the others are unharmed while micro-ing the current ones being attacked by rays. Just an idea. Might work?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]