Having trouble with the new update

I keep having the following message appear after i update my client :( An unexpected file management error has occured. Please try again) im not sure as what to do to resolve the problem ive went into programs files and deleted the bnet folder but still have to same message pop up after i download the update again . its gets to about 97% then pops with the message would you like program X to make changes to your system click yes and same message appears .
Reply Quote
i decided to unistall the game and try to reinstall it but im still getting the same message
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What version of Windows are you running, GiZmO?

Can you try reinstalling on another User Account in Windows?
Velnrak im running windows 7 v64 . yes ive tried to run in multipule accounts administrator and my other accounts but still have the same message come up . i disabled my anti virus programs and did a CCcleaner but still get the same message . kinda scratching my head about this one . im gonna do a restore point on my pc and go back to a previous setting on my computer see if maybe that will resolve the issue . ill repost as soon as i can
Edited by GiZmO on 1/16/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah still doing the same things downloader gets to about 6.1% and the message appears
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
01/16/2013 01:01 PMPosted by GiZmO
i disabled my anti virus programs

What anti virus programs do you have?

Just as a test, you may want to uninstall the anti virus program with a removal tool, and reinstall it after StarCraft II is patched up.
Microsoft security essentials
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let's make sure the Secondary Logon service is running, and the proxy settings are set like this.

I'd also check your hard drive for errors.
Hi Velnrak
Ive checked the hard drive and it was fine . logon service was running and the proxy settings are set correctly . still no change
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
01/15/2013 05:42 PMPosted by GiZmO
I keep having the following message appear after i update my client :( An unexpected file management error has occured. Please try again)

Let's delete the Battle.net cache and Blizzard Entertainment folder.

If you have the HotS Beta or any old Beta installations, I'd delete those too.
still no luck Velnrak
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you had any Beta versions of any Blizzard games installed?
No . This really sucks . Been 3 days now . Almost at the point that I give up. This is the only game giving me issues . Ive never had this problem before and ive not changed anything on my system.
Edited by GiZmO on 1/19/2013 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
out of interest is your original from sea/aus etc.

It seems since the new update there are lots of SEA people who play on NA servers not able to play custom games. Sounds similar to the issues I'm getting too.

I've tried on both my desktop and my laptop and they both get the same errors.
Reply Quote
Ive always played a the NA server . Its not custom games either I cant get the game to download at all . Gets to about 6.4% then when it prompts me is it ok for this program to make changes to the hard drive I click yes and file management error comes up
Reply Quote
I cant even open the game up at all chipper im stuck on updater/download tool bar in windows
Reply Quote
???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]