StarCraft® II

Campaign: missions as other races?

I liked the protoss missions and how they fit in well with the WoL storyline. Is there any chance of HoTS missions where we play as the Terran or Protoss for a short while?
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 05:03 AMPosted by TheNinjas
I liked the protoss missions and how they fit in well with the WoL storyline. Is there any chance of HoTS missions where we play as the Terran or Protoss for a short while?

Back in July 2012, after MLG, it was said in an interview there'd be at least one mission in HotS that you'll play as the non-Zerg faction.
Reply Quote
It would make sense if there's some Terran cross-over, I think.

Protoss would never fight alongside Zerg, but given the situation with Kerrigan I think it's plausible we could see a situation where you at least temporarily ally with Terran somehow.
Edited by TelFiRE on 1/12/2013 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
It would make sense if there's some Terran cross-over, I think.

Protoss would never fight alongside Zerg, but given the situation with Kerrigan I think it's plausible we could see a situation where you at least temporarily ally with Terran somehow.

Yeah but people would point out what happened during the Brood War. They aren't going to agree to the alliance just because Kerrigan's appearance is different now.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if they'll do what I think they would do, but I was thinking it would be something like this.
WOL=Main Terran, side Protoss, HOTS=Main Zerg, side Terran, LOTV=Main Protoss, side Zerg.
This would be so that all races would be playable as a main and a side quest.
That's just my thoughts on the matter anyway.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing it will be a mission with Raynor... or maybe the return of Duran? :)
Reply Quote
You guys have too much hope of actual decent story telling. The story will be as bad as WoL so dont expect old characters or even good new ones.
Reply Quote
So yeah excluding this guy... let's continue talking about it~
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Atriax
You guys have too much hope of actual decent story telling. The story will be as bad as WoL so dont expect old characters or even good new ones.

Search "Starcraft 2: Flashpoint" .
Don't expect old characters?
  • Raynor
  • Mengsk

• Narud/Duran
  • Kerrigan (is technically an old character)

• As for missions, I can tell that there will be a few missions following the storyline that will involve Kerrigan and Raynor, possibly Valerian, in a battle on Korhal.
    Reply Quote
    01/17/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Horkoss
    I'm guessing it will be a mission with Raynor... or maybe the return of Duran? :)

Well I'd be very interested if we get to play as him or the hybrids, maybe we can see things from HIS POV for once.
    Reply Quote
    on blizzcon 2011 they told us that the mission is about the swarm and on the site of hots they said this is a 20 new mission i cant see a non zerg race mission
    Reply Quote
    01/18/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Mrscorpion
    on blizzcon 2011 they told us that the mission is about the swarm and on the site of hots they said this is a 20 new mission i cant see a non zerg race mission

It was last June or July where they said that there'd be at least 1 mission that you play as another faction.
    Reply Quote
    01/18/2013 04:38 PMPosted by ragnarok
    It was last June or July where they said that there'd be at least 1 mission that you play as another faction.

In response to that, ZellBeast said this earlier, which is kind of logic i must say.

I'm not sure if they'll do what I think they would do, but I was thinking it would be something like this.
    WOL=Main Terran, side Protoss, HOTS=Main Zerg, side Terran, LOTV=Main Protoss, side Zerg.
    This would be so that all races would be playable as a main and a side quest.
    That's just my thoughts on the matter anyway.
    Reply Quote
    Raynor's Raiders. seems like a strong option we'll get, exploring their side of things as Kerrigan works to reunite her Swarm, but it could be a similar case back in the old days when we sometimes control two different (race) bases situated by each other. That'll be fun.

Zeratul would make another interesting case he were to make a return presence in HotS before he disappears for Shakuras and unite the divided protoss tribes. A continuation of his investigation with the Hybrid of some sort or major developments happening with the protoss race after giving out his Prophecy warning to Jim Raynor?
    Reply Quote
    Raynor's Raiders. seems like a strong option we'll get, exploring their side of things as Kerrigan works to reunite her Swarm, but it could be a similar case back in the old days when we sometimes control two different (race) bases situated by each other. That'll be fun.

Zeratul would make another interesting case he were to make a return presence in HotS before he disappears for Shakuras and unite the divided protoss tribes. A continuation of his investigation with the Hybrid of some sort or major developments happening with the protoss race after giving out his Prophecy warning to Jim Raynor?

If it's another Protoss mini campaign, it wouldn't surprise me. We only know Zeratul will appear in HotS. It hasn't been said just what role he'll be in.
    Reply Quote
    I hope theres some cross campaign i though it was good in wol.
    Reply Quote
    Right now I'm unsure, the latest interviews didn't say anything about playing as some other faction.
    Reply Quote
    If you have seen the various gameplay videos, at one point Kerrigan is interrogating a protoss higher-being and eventually sends this person onto a ship it seems. Could be a clue....
    Reply Quote
    01/24/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Feargrim
    If you have seen the various gameplay videos, at one point Kerrigan is interrogating a protoss higher-being and eventually sends this person onto a ship it seems. Could be a clue....

Oh that, that's just Lessara. She was a Protoss scientist stationed on Kaldir. Kerrigan wanted all the Protoss killed there so they couldn't alert the fleets back at Shakuras, but Lessara was among those that survived and taken aboard the Leviathan.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 06:40 PMPosted by ragnarok
    Right now I'm unsure, the latest interviews didn't say anything about playing as some other faction.
    Come on, Blizzard doesn't need to spoil us about every mission feature. :p

01/24/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Feargrim
    Nah, some what I've seen from the new fansite press that mission doesn't have us playing to protoss. Its still us being zerg. That larva becomes a queen and start infesting the specimens and protoss ship (while saving zerg prisoners) aboard the ship before eventually destroying it.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]